the lil flamer(lancia) - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:19 PM

2.5L sedans are 813.00/10/11, 2.8L are 826.000/001. 823.xx is a 2.5L PF Coupe, 2.8L PFC is 826.030/031. Engine # is on the right front side of the block deck, below the head gasket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Thanks for clearing that one up. Ed, could you try to only contribute knowledge when you are pretty certain you know what you are talking about.
post #48 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyleepublic View Post
BTW, I was doing some reading on the Lancia forum last night. This guy was saying that the trick to getting a sympathetic metallic paint job on these cars is to use a very fine flake, and then shoot it so that you don't use clear on top. He said that the last job he did like that took about 10 test panels, making small adjustments on each one, before it came out just right. I guess that with 2 colors, we'll need 20 test panels...
well thats exactly how i would have laid it in the first place..........and you dont need that mutch test...i wonder if he was smart enuf to have marbles in the gun and keep swirling it as shooting to keep the metalic from settling badly

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
LOL. Don't stop now. How about a 24 valve Glenwood Screamer? You said the bay was huge. Should I call JJ and order one? He11, for that matter, maybe my original idea was best: the 348 engine, custom made torque tube, and, at the back, the 348 tranny.

Somehow, if we are going to go full custom on this thing, it's got to have an 8, no? But that means it's got to be an Italian 8.
as much as the alfa 6 would fit...with simplicty and stupid room to spare....i sized it up.....

i do belive the original plan of the 348 is the RIGHT way to do this girl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #50 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:11 PM

Now I gotta see if the engine is still available.

Randy Lee

"HAVE another cookie!!" - Don Corrado Prizzi

Randy's Italian Lot:
1978 Sport Sedan - "Cecilia", a rustfree Alfetta
1990 Mondial T Cabrio - Engine major service, climate control overhaul, and interior tune up still to go - Short is on it!!
1958 Giullietta Sprint. "G.Sprint" No holds barred. 3.0 Liter 12 Valve V6 and Verde transaxle just to get warmed up!
1976 Alfetta GT. Twin 45 Dellortos. Alfetta maintainence drug while Cecilla gets restored.
1978 Alfetta GT. Ex Keith Martin, and getting a nice set of Euro Bumpers along with the rest of the good parts off the '76.
ON HOLD 196x Lancia Flaminia Sedan - name and the rest TBD.

Ex:
79 Spt Sdn. "Griswold" and never-driven '74 Spider sold to Harry Riley
74 Spider "Isabel" traded for "Cecilia" Thanks Ric!
(Look at Isabel now:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!)
1979 Sport Sedan Alfamatic. Traded to Wilbur for a very sweet bicycle - thanks!
All the parts cars chopped up or sent to Larry...
post #51 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #52 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:40 PM

And.

It's.

On!!!
post #53 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
so...yeah i did inventory and the driveline IS THERE!!!! however now the bad news....missing one rubber guibbo.....and the ULTRA bad news the ENTIRE driver side rear axle shaft is gone....gennerator pully toast and im not sure if i even saw a starter...shrug i didnt look to hard for it. seems some behind the dash stuff may be missing as well..most of the knobs simply pulled off and had nothing behind them..shrug...radio gone too duh and the tail lights .....outside of that every bit of her is solid and accounted for...the lowwer 3 inches of both rear quarts are rotted out but thats no biggy...front drive had a lil 3 inch spot as well...thats it for the rust....

she is...SOLID

what was that about me not fitting inside of it?..quite roomy

im completly awe struck with most of the car in the sheer fact of what they used how they built it and made it work..that DAINTY little driveline...and MAMOTH transaxle to HUGE aluminum drums and INSANLY huge shocks to dainty swaybars
i wish id have gotten a good shot of the FRONT of the shifter rod....there is a solid tube from the transaxle all the way to the front of teh car where it sits on a piviot and the whole linkage at the engine end litteraly looks the same as the DREADED garbage that the late milanos had on it.that iso shift garbage...thats where the milano stole it from!!!....the clutch is MECHANICAL.....as in CABLE operated ..and that does indeed seem to be 40k ORIGINAL miles

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #54 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
dont call that rearend any type of tube or anything back there...its really an indipendent leafspringed rear with a balance bar and a 5th link.....quite ....well....something

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #55 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that one up. Ed, could you try to only contribute knowledge when you are pretty certain you know what you are talking about.
Yeah, sorry for the typo--823 should have been 813. Obviously from the pix, you've got the 2.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
well thats exactly how i would have laid it in the first place..........and you dont need that mutch test...i wonder if he was smart enuf to have marbles in the gun and keep swirling it as shooting to keep the metalic from settling badly
He was more than smart enough to do it right, although he had his best painter shoot it--he didn't do it himself. He wanted a dead perfect match for the exact tint of silver and the exact metal flake. So a certain amount of experimentation was to be expected, even though he had untouched original paint in the trunk to match; I recall seeing about 6 or 7 test panels. Of course the real issue is that he was shooting a Flavia Coupé, which was built by Pininfarina and painted with their own silver--not a standard Lancia color--for which the color codes aren't documented. Countless hours have been spent on Lancia forums discussing PF paint colors.

You've got a much easier task here, as your berlina used Lancia factory paint colors, and those paint codes exist.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF

Last edited by 1.6 HF; 10-04-2011 at 07:34 PM.
post #56 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 08:03 PM

You wanna buy a 2.5? Put some oomph in your Fulvia? The 2.5 is for sale. Where else should I list it?
post #57 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
You wanna buy a 2.5? Put some oomph in your Fulvia? The 2.5 is for sale. Where else should I list it?
You can list it on a Lancia site, but I wouldn't expect much for it.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
post #58 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 PM

Short, I got a better idea - make the 2.5 a bike engine!
post #59 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
shrug..maybe that cool v4....for a bike..but no the laid back setup of a lloyd 4stroke 2cyl SCREAMS im a bike engine

that v6 well.....first glance it looks like it came from a tractor..then you see the cool touches and then swear it was pulled from a 90s GMC and "dressed".........i could see it stuffed into a ratrod HAPPILY as its cute random and unique enuf for that but it would have to be something special bare bones basic

ahh ok i didnt realise he was trying to re-replicate a dead on factory hue tint and metal flake match...rather i thought he was going for subtltys..and anything more than 2-3 test runs and youve got something wrong...concorse matching on the other hand..yeah i could see going thru 50+ renditions trying to get stuff dead on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #60 of 221 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 PM

Well, you keep it and see if you can think of anything... Maybe we'll use it for our itruss test mule.

I don't know what dude was trying to do, other than lay down a metallic coat that wouldn't look "wrong" on a classic Lancia. Metallic paint has been around for a long time, but AFAIK, never on a Flamina.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode