Siata Daina restoration - Page 9 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 12:54 PM

Spectacular - It looks fantastic Jiri - Congrats and thank you for documenting it here.

Now onto the Fiat Farina? Or Lancia?

60 Citroen ID - 62 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile - 64 Giulia TI - 69 Porsche 911S Targa (Soft Window) - 72 Junior Z 1600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 10:21 AM

Ennstal Classic

A friend of my is participating in the Ennstal Classic 10-14 july and I visited the Ennstal website. On the start list I discovered a Siata 1400 Gran Sport with as driver Jiri Langer. Also I found the photo of the car. That color I had seen before!
I wish Jiri and his wife Heike much pleasure the next days!

Home | Ennstal-Classic / Planai-Classic - Oldtimer Rallye

http://www.ennstal-classic.at/_pdf/4fed5b31dee8e.pdf

Name:  Schermafbeelding 2012-07-12 om 18.56.31.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  47.1 KB

Name:  Schermafbeelding 2012-07-12 om 18.57.55.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  39.0 KB

1959 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce,
1964 Alfa Romeo 1600 GT.
post #123 of 129 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte carlo View Post
It is so far that I have driven the first kilometers. To my car there are certainly some shortcomings and non-original parts. But you must realize that I have a not complete wreck i bought and it is but a car has become of it. Now I can drive and when I have any matching parts war, can I exchange the slowly. We will see you at the next project car. I would like to thank all who have helped me.

Es ist so weit, dass ich die erste kilometer gefahren habe. Bei meinem Auto gibt es sicher einige Mängel und nicht originale Teile. Man muss aber einsehen, dass ich einen nicht kompletten Wrack gekauft habe und es ist doch ein Auto davon geworden. Jetzt kann ich fahren und wenn ich irgendwelche passende Teile kriege, kann ich die langsam umtauschen. Wir sehen uns bei dem nächsten Projekt Car. Ich danke allen, die mir geholfen haben.
great car , and a freat looking colour!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 129 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Thank you angelo1

Skoda 420 Sport Monte Carlo, Skoda 1200 Touring Sport
Fiat 6C 1500 Stab.Farina, Siata Grand Sport 1400
post #125 of 129 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

The car is running, makes a lot of fun and now slowly be concerned about the correct parts, overhauled and fitted.
Attached Images

post #126 of 129 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 05:34 PM

RE: non-original parts

[QUOTE=monte carlo;1155004]"It is so far that I have driven the first kilometers. To my car there are certainly some shortcomings and non-original parts."

Hi - my dad bought this car in the mid to late 50's when he was stationed in Italy. He says he replaced the tail lights with 1949 Pontiac lights because the originals were non working. He did not know until he shipped the car home to America that it had been wrecked (the bondo fell out of the smashed places while in the ships hold... apparently the vibrations of the ship were too much for it)... Anyway, he had to replace the fenders with those from a 1951 Kaiser, as parts for that model of Siata were virtually non existant. (He was told at one point that only 3 or 5 of that particular model had been made, and that the others had been wrecked. I do not know how accurate that information is).

Our family is thrilled to see photos of it in it's restored state. It was something my dad dreamed of my entire childhood. (The car sat in our front yard for years, moldering away)... it looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing the photos.

My dad told me this: "The body style was designed by Penin Farina - who was some sort of guru in those days. It used to have a plaque on it that made that claim."... is the plaque still in the car?
post #127 of 129 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Hello printelady rose,
there is no sticker in my car. That is likely someone expanded before me. Icarjohn history has written to me from my car, after the Siata your father bought in Italy. Is your family in something known from the previous time?

post #128 of 129 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 12:20 AM

How is the Siata doing? Do you have pictures of it? Have your finished the restoration?

Hope all is well with you.

Mike

60 Citroen ID - 62 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile - 64 Giulia TI - 69 Porsche 911S Targa (Soft Window) - 72 Junior Z 1600
post #129 of 129 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Hi Mike, the restoration is actually completed. The car drives very well. But there are always little things that I new replacements. I have now found the original buttons for the dashboard, the voltage regulator with four ports and so a car is never finished.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode