Rescue Me--Flaminia PF on Ebay - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Platinum Subscriber

How funny- I just went back to look at my first post and realized it's been THREE years, not two! I posted a message just after Amelia Island in March 2009!!! Oh boy, time flies when... etc.

[SIGPIC]Donald
'77 Lancia Scorpion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 01:44 AM

Donald,
That looks so sweet, and I'll bet it runs just the same. Congratulations, and have a good weekend down there.
-Steve
post #63 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 AM

Congratulations ! It's wonderful to see enthusiasm triumph, in what many would consider an uneconomic restoration of an unappreciated (in several ways) car. Especially given the terrific color choices and obvious attention to detail, you seem to have created the definitive PF Flaminia. Great work, and good luck at Amelia.

Hope the Flaminia Touring convertible into which I've sunk all the gains from selling my Giuliettas at Amelia last year will turn out as well . . .

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:01 PM

Donald,

Congratulations! It looks fantastic. And it seems like only yesterday...

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
post #65 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by B24Spider View Post
Donald,
That looks so sweet, and I'll bet it runs just the same. Congratulations, and have a good weekend down there.
-Steve
Thanks for the good wishes, Steve- I can't wait to drive it, as I haven't yet... !
Donald

[SIGPIC]Donald
'77 Lancia Scorpion
post #66 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by don000 View Post
Congratulations ! It's wonderful to see enthusiasm triumph, in what many would consider an uneconomic restoration of an unappreciated (in several ways) car. Especially given the terrific color choices and obvious attention to detail, you seem to have created the definitive PF Flaminia. Great work, and good luck at Amelia.

Hope the Flaminia Touring convertible into which I've sunk all the gains from selling my Giuliettas at Amelia last year will turn out as well . . .

Don
Thanks Don. I'm sure your GT convertible will be fantastic- I can't wait to see it. Glad you like my colors, too!
Donald

[SIGPIC]Donald
'77 Lancia Scorpion
post #67 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
Donald,

Congratulations! It looks fantastic. And it seems like only yesterday...
Thanks, Ed! I can't imagine how young we all were when this started...
Donald

[SIGPIC]Donald
'77 Lancia Scorpion
post #68 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagato67 View Post
Thanks Don. I'm sure your GT convertible will be fantastic- I can't wait to see it. Glad you like my colors, too!
Donald
Donald,

Just amazing how much better the car looks than in its previous plain silver, per photos in your post #13.

Do you think you might have it at Fairfield in September ? I anticipate that my convertible will be finished and shipped from England before then - same interior and wheel colors, but Grigio Newmarket. A potential Flaminia tango !

Don
post #69 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by don000 View Post
Donald,

Just amazing how much better the car looks than in its previous plain silver, per photos in your post #13.

Do you think you might have it at Fairfield in September ? I anticipate that my convertible will be finished and shipped from England before then - same interior and wheel colors, but Grigio Newmarket. A potential Flaminia tango !

Don
Hi Don,
Grigio Newmarket and saddle is a fantastic combination... No, my car won't be at Fairfield- after Amelia it's going 'home' to Palm Springs, so it will do the rounds of some West Coast shows before I get to drive it in vintage rallies again!
Donald

[SIGPIC]Donald
'77 Lancia Scorpion
post #70 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Hi Don,
Grigio Newmarket and saddle is a fantastic combination... No, my car won't be at Fairfield- after Amelia it's going 'home' to Palm Springs, so it will do the rounds of some West Coast shows before I get to drive it in vintage rallies again!
Donald
Thanks, Donald. And thanks to Paolo (PG1964) I think we even have the right formula for Grigio Newmarket after multiple spray-outs. Too bad that there will not be an east coast 'side by side' opportunity, but following its debut at a mid-Atlantic event my car might also be garaged out west. I'm looking forward to all the photos of your coupe that will undoubtedly be posted on the web after Amelia.

Best,
Don
post #71 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Hi Don,
Donald
Will you have it at San Marino?

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
post #72 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
Will you have it at San Marino?
Ed, I knew nothing about the San Marino show until you mentioned it. I've looked over their website and there's no class for the Flaminia, so I suppose not!
Donald

[SIGPIC]Donald
'77 Lancia Scorpion
post #73 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 07:01 PM

Hi Donald, just saw that this thread had re-surfaced and wanted to say a very well done on completing your Flaminia. It looks superb.

I also remember I was going to post some pics of my brother's car. So see below for this is how it still looks. As ever with my brother, he seems to acquire yet another project without getting on really with what he already has. Its a pity but it is typical for him. Hopefully soon he will at least have it stored in the new garage he is building.
Attached Images

"Sporting blood has run through the veins of every Alfa Romeo produced over the last **100** !!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
years"
post #74 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 AM

Must be my eyes.. but Peugeot 404 comes to mind as a dead-ringer twin with 4 doors.
post #75 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 07:20 AM

That car looks stunning, Donald. Good luck at Amelia next week.

Good to get it to the West Coast. Please consider it for Dana Point in July. Plans for Lancia West Coast get together in Arizona?

Now that the car is done, I am sure we can hope for an excellent article and pictures in the soon to-be-in-my-mailbox Lanciana

Mike

60 Citroen ID - 62 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile - 64 Giulia TI - 69 Porsche 911S Targa (Soft Window) - 72 Junior Z 1600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode