Rescue Me--Flaminia PF on Ebay - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 05:17 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post
Uh, then I must be confused. I thought this car was on eBay maybe for two days or so and then got pulled due to a sale outside eBay (Funny description by the owner, describing a blown tire that left some minor damage to one of he rear wheel wells). Also was silver ...

Great color choices and none is wrong for the interior. I am a sucker for dark non metallic grays and blues. That interior looks so welcoming (And it is). I want to jump in and drive your car "home" into my garage in SoCal.
Hi Mike,
Yes, now I remember- that car is actually owned by a friend of mine, who did buy it from the eBay listing. It's also in the Northeast. As for the color, I do agree that the non-metallic grays are terrific; so very much "of the period" and not often seen. It's going to be a tough call...

[SIGPIC]Donald
'77 Lancia Scorpion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 02:16 PM

I too am smitten by the non-metallic grey paired with those luscious tobacco/cognac/et al interiors. My Alfa 102 Spider is non-metallic graphite and the interior will be done in a color of that ilk. I also like Bleu Lancia, but then again I am biased since my Fulvia is that color.

I think that these bigger cars look so much better in darker and more subdued colors. Could you imagine a Flaminia PF coupe in "resale red"? It would look almost as inappropriate as the red Peugeot 404 currently on e-bay.

Arno Leskinen
AROC USA National Concours Chair
1972 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S
post #18 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringspider View Post
...I think that these bigger cars look so much better in darker and more subdued colors. Could you imagine a Flaminia PF coupe in "resale red"? ...
Rosso corsa certainly wouldn't be my first choice, but they don't look bad in dark red, as with the 3-carb 2.8 currently being advertised on Anamera:

But I think Donald's on the right track with his 'finalists'.

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
The candidates are Blu Lancia, Grigio Albany (a gunmetal gray metallic) and Grigio Ascot, a dark non-metallic gray.
My car was originally painted in Grigio Ascot and, with a red interior, is both a subtle and georgeous color combination would be very fitting for a car as sophisticated as a PF couple. Alas, at some point in its life my car fell into the hands of a tastless philistine who just had to prove his true nature by giving my car an embarassing, taxi-cab quality, "arrest me red" paint job. At least he didn't put a Chevvy in it.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series

Last edited by 180OUT; 03-16-2009 at 08:13 PM.
post #20 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:13 AM

They sure are very, very lovely cars though and I wish I would have bought Corey's when I had the chance.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Mike-

Corey's car is indeed special: originality and preservation that I prefer to a restoration. I have only added Konis from Omicron and three-point seat belts. The car comes to the Berkshires from Philadelphia for several weeks each summer. Looks lovely at Tanglewood, and is as much fun on Sandisfield Road as the old Superhawk.
Attached Images

post #21 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmoorebrothe View Post
They sure are very, very lovely cars though and I wish I would have bought Corey's when I had the chance.

Mike
Mike-

Corey's car is indeed special: originality and preservation that I prefer to a restoration. I have only added Konis from Omicron and three-point seat belts. The car comes to the Berkshires from Philadelphia for several weeks each summer. Looks lovely at Tanglewood, and is as much fun on Sandisfield Road as the old Superhawk.[/QUOTE]
So whopurchase cory's car?

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
post #22 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 AM

So whopurchase cory's car?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for any confusion. I bought Corey's car a couple of years ago. A very tight, supple, and "tossable" Flaminia; original except for paint some time before I got it, and seats retrimmed in original color red leather. Not a speck of rust anywhere.
Attached Images

post #23 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post
...I wish I would have bought Corey's when I had the chance.
Mike
Mike,
You've got another chance--there's one in San Diego on eBay: eBay Motors: Lancia (item 290304428754 end time Mar-30-09 19:31:26 PDT)

Ed
post #24 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the pointer, Ed. I am actually on it. Completely crazy since another car is the very, very last thing I need right now.

Pictures of this one do not yet give me a warm and fuzzy feeling but they are as small as our avatars ...

I have the Flaminia this weekend and drove the hell out of it Fri and yesterday. I love, love, love, them. Mine seem to drive better the more it is put to good use. And I do everything with it: Fun rides Friday night, C&C Saturday morning, going to get a haircut, gym, getting groceries ... And always a group of folks around it. They pulled me out of my workout at the gym yesterday to talk about the car.

And my mechanics (Urs and Tony) have done a fantastic job. It goes like nothing and has not needed Tony's magic since July last year (Knock on wood ...).

I am still in awe that these fantastic cars are still so unknown and underappreciated ...

Go out have fun with them: I will be doing it again today ...

Mike

60 Citroen ID - 62 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile - 64 Giulia TI - 69 Porsche 911S Targa (Soft Window) - 72 Junior Z 1600
post #25 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 05:09 PM

Mike,

The photos of the San Diego car are pretty small, but from what I can see, the car looks very good.

Ed
post #26 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 06:04 PM

It's Joel Milman's old car. We exchanged vmails today. He sold it to a friend in NoCal (Where the car currently is).

I actually saw it a few times at the French/ Italian car show. Coincidentaly, I met Joel a few years ago at Willy Mueller's, who fixed up my Abarth double bubble. Small world.

This is probably a very, very good car. So tempting. Somebody please buy it now ...

60 Citroen ID - 62 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile - 64 Giulia TI - 69 Porsche 911S Targa (Soft Window) - 72 Junior Z 1600
post #27 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:41 AM

I'd worked out that it was Millman's, which is why I thought the car itself was still in San Diego. The price seems just a bit high, but even at the asking price it's undoubtedly a better bargain than the carcass that started this thread.

Ed
post #28 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 PM

Just for reference, I had a PF coupe a few years ago. I had to sell it since I was building my home and needed to raise some funds.

Lovely car. Mine was also silver with a red leather interior. I decided to change it to a very dark blueish green. I really had no reference of the original color so I made it up, but the finished product looked great, IMHO.

This is my first day on the forum, so let me see if I can enclose a few pics... not good ones as they were paper pics and then scanned.

Victor
Attached Images

post #29 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 07:04 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth 850 View Post
Just for reference, I had a PF coupe a few years ago. I had to sell it since I was building my home and needed to raise some funds.

Lovely car. Mine was also silver with a red leather interior. I decided to change it to a very dark blueish green. I really had no reference of the original color so I made it up, but the finished product looked great, IMHO.

This is my first day on the forum, so let me see if I can enclose a few pics... not good ones as they were paper pics and then scanned.

Victor
What country this pictures were taken

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
post #30 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 07:24 AM

The car was and still is in Mexico city, Mexico.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode