Do you believe in "global warming?" - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 242Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chsmadden View Post
Yes
If you want me to rant I will.
All you have to do is say so.
RANT!!

This is the place. But wait until I get another bowl of pop corn.

OK I'm ready.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Larry the Cable Guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 05:18 PM

... i look at it this way.. how much polution can you pump into the air? is there a limit of co2 you can pump into the air? as for 'smog' laws.. would you wnat to live in some of those citys, like L.A. or any baddly smog infested citys, do you want your childern to breath that air?have ever seen our litle planet form space? it is very surpising how thin the atmosphere is.. sort of like a few oinon skins on a very large oinon..and we can only like in the lower 8000 feet at the best.and grow crops under 5000 feet..and yes plants love co2.. but if the atmosphere get more of it( nice thing about the earth, we can check records of co2 levels for a long way back ice cores,mud at the bottom of the ocean,etc.)but thet also found out plants become stunted with higher co2 ratios.and if the weather pattern shift ever so slightly northward, what will happens to the crops? i remember when i was in primary school , all the books said, 'the sea has an endless suppy of fish/food'now our seas are loosing lots of fish stocks, you guys on the east coast lnow about this, and now our pacific fisherys are going in the same way, perhaps a percnetage do do fishing, but a lot on the dams on our rivers..a question you want to ask yourselfs.. do really want to willy-nilly pump more gasses into the atmosphere, and not really know what is going to happen?? remember we live only 60 - 80 years, so what we see, and only a single frame of a motion picture. what do your childern see in the motion picture, and your grandchildren? do you want to risk there future?

anyone can buy a Porsche, only Drivers drive a Alfa Romeo

Last edited by bianchi1; 04-20-2008 at 05:25 PM.
post #18 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 05:26 PM

OH THE "FUTURE" !!!!!!!

The heck with the future. That will be their problem not mine. Let them eat cake!

What a canard. If you do not believe in GW then you are a hard hearted evil person that condemns your children to an unnamed and unrepentant hell on earth.

If that is so I guess I am evil to the core.

In the present though you will condemn the poor of the world to starve when the price of corn, wheat, and other ethanol producers are trumped up to solve your pseudo problem.

82 Alfa
4 GMC Motorhomes
and not enough time or money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 05:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
This same topic has been gone over and over and over again on this very board. I'm too tired to argue with clowns who can't accept science anymore. Have a great unscientific debate, OK?

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #20 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
This same topic has been gone over and over and over again on this very board. I'm too tired to argue with clowns who can't accept science anymore. Have a great unscientific debate, OK?
Alex, could you be a bit more specific? What is the science that you refer to? The scientists who make the case against CO2 are all in form or another on the payroll of the people who want to increase taxation and decrease the quaility of life for the "masses".

Is it not scientifically proven that plants are more productive at elevated CO2 levels, (far higher levels than have allegedly resulted from fossil combustion)?

Is it not scientifically proven that CO2 is soluablity in water is inversely proportional to the temperature of the water?

Do not the records of the scientists of the level of CO2 in the atmosphere, (measured at the observatory in Mauna Kea, which is where they take that measurement in case you were unaware), and the ocean temperature off the coast of Hawaii coorespond exactly?

Has it not been scientifically demonstrated that the temperature of Mars is also rising of late?

Finally, isn't it scientific fact that we are, first and foremost, carbon based lifeforms here on Earth?

Please try to comprehend what that statement, "carbon based" means.

Do you really want them to capture the basic building block of all life, turn it into an inert salt, and bury it in the ground?

Yet that is what your hard earned money will be paying for if we keep buying into this crap. Do you, not some "scientists", do you really think that is such a good idea? The staff of life. An inert salt. Buried in the ground. Think about it.

I think it is the worst idea I have ever heard. Bar none.

Here's a picture: the level of CO2 in the last 550 million years. 5 times higher than it is now. Hmmm.
Attached Images

Calguy 17 likes this.

Randy Lee

"HAVE another cookie!!" - Don Corrado Prizzi

Randy's Italian Lot:
1978 Sport Sedan - "Cecilia", a rustfree Alfetta
1990 Mondial T Cabrio - Engine major service, climate control overhaul, and interior tune up still to go - Short is on it!!
1958 Giullietta Sprint. "G.Sprint" No holds barred. 3.0 Liter 12 Valve V6 and Verde transaxle just to get warmed up!
1976 Alfetta GT. Twin 45 Dellortos. Alfetta maintainence drug while Cecilla gets restored.
1978 Alfetta GT. Ex Keith Martin, and getting a nice set of Euro Bumpers along with the rest of the good parts off the '76.
ON HOLD 196x Lancia Flaminia Sedan - name and the rest TBD.

Ex:
79 Spt Sdn. "Griswold" and never-driven '74 Spider sold to Harry Riley
74 Spider "Isabel" traded for "Cecilia" Thanks Ric!
(Look at Isabel now:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!)
1979 Sport Sedan Alfamatic. Traded to Wilbur for a very sweet bicycle - thanks!
All the parts cars chopped up or sent to Larry...
post #21 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 03:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
No Randy. Like I said, I am tired of this topic, and especially tired of yet another thread displaying all the fallacious anti-climate change arguments. Have fun with your thread!

Oh...and just so you know, that last post only proved to me that you don't understand science.

I'm out of here!

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #22 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 04:09 AM

Alex, you sound like you're in denial.

I'm sick of it too, but i'm quite content with sitting here freezing my cheeks off in lower-than-average temperatures in front of a roaring, fossil-fuelled fire arguing that GW is rubbish.
post #23 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 05:35 AM

I just found proof of gloabl warming, several times this year, I had to scrape ice off my windshield while the national weather service said the temp was 37 to 40 degrees f. global warming has changed the freezing point of water.

on a lighter note, I have also proven time travel, my truck has a 18 gal tank and I have several times put 21 gallons of gas in it. my truck borrows gas from the future to make it to the station, and pays it back when I get gas.
cliff
post #24 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 06:48 AM

A bit more serious, does the weather data show any warming after world war 1 or 2? there were a lot of factories running 24 hours a day with very inneficient processes, not to mention lots os explosives, cities burning and such. was ther any bump in the records then?
cliff
post #25 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 03:04 PM

Please, don't try stating 'facts' to the faithful of their new religion. You instantly become a paid shill for the oil companies. They would rathed depend on computer simulations of what the future will be. And it's so much harder to dispute the future!
post #26 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 03:17 PM

Global warming, global schmarming

I'm so glad to see other people who aren't vehemently opposed to the idea that the sky isn't falling!!!!

The British court ruled that "An Inconvenient Truth" can't be shown in the classroom without addressing the inconsistencies and exaggeration in the film (see ABC News: Nobel for Al Gore, Did You Know About Factual Mistakes in His Movie? ).

While pollution isn't a new topic (anybody remember the ozone hole in the '70s?), the Prius-huggers haven't ever checked into the nickel mine up in Canada, have they? Or tracked exactly where their batteries were manufactured... or how much <gasp!> GASOLINE was used to transport the nickel from country to country until the car was built... No. They don't do that. They just pay extra at the dealer so they can "feel good".

More places globally had severe winters than not THIS year. So are we all going to freeze to death? It is ridiculous to speculate (unless, of course, you're going for government grants and can't get money unless you make it sound like a pending disaster!)....

I say, we use up the fossil fuels and let future generations figure it out.

Judy Illeman Gaukel
1965 Giulia Sprint GT, 1985 Graduate, 1995 164Q (caretaker)
post #27 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 04:04 PM

I will consider global warming when:

1) I see Al Gore sell his Carthage home with the zinc mine in his back yard polluting the Caney Fork River. He has collected $$$ from the Pasminco Mine for years.
2) He takes public transportation instead of a limo or drives a Prius. He flies Southwest instead of a Gulfstream.
3) Ted Turner (On PBS stated all of us will be cannibals in 30 years because of global warming) takes public transportaion and flies Southwest.
4) When concert go-ers at Global Warming/Earth Day concerts take their own trash home.
5) When all of the Hollywood elitist tree hugging lefties do as they preach.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN... A farce of astronomical proportions.

You will all be happy to know a UN study (that PETA is pushing) states that the MEAT INDUSTRY creates more "greenhouse gases" than all the cars, trucks, ships and planes in the world combined! It must be true, the UN report said so. Well Ted, your favorite charity is saying to sell your beloved ranch with your gross polluters on four legs. Time to sell? Not going to happen. Typical lefty liberal, do as I say, not as I do...... What a joke..

Judy, welcome to the smack down!

Last edited by jimcra; 04-21-2008 at 04:11 PM.
post #28 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 04:08 PM

If only we could ask this person how he feels about global warming.....;^)
Attached Images

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
post #29 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 04:18 PM

... I always feel a bit warm around Randy's cars ...

Apart from wether global warming is real or not, equaly important, and even more controversial, are its anticipated impacts: All good? All bad? Gainers and Loosers?Regional differences? That, I believe, is where the real debating fun is and still the most uncertainty ...

60 Citroen ID - 62 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile - 64 Giulia TI - 69 Porsche 911S Targa (Soft Window) - 72 Junior Z 1600
post #30 of 2744 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
No Randy. Like I said, I am tired of this topic, and especially tired of yet another thread displaying all the fallacious anti-climate change arguments. Have fun with your thread!

Oh...and just so you know, that last post only proved to me that you don't understand science.

I'm out of here!
Oh, since I don't have a PHD and don't have a controlled experiment proving my point, I am not qualified to think?

By those standards nothing is "proven." The simulations and models are just that, approximations that may or may not be accurate, and depend on hundreds of assumptions that may or may not be true.

Look, Alex, forget all that, I wuold still appreciate very much your feelings about turning carbon into an inert salt and burying it in the ground. If you support such action, please explain how it is OK. I'm just saying, instead shouldn't we be figuring out a way to turn it into cheap food so people don't starve? Science be damned, that is what galls me the most. People going all on a crusade, and stealing my money, about something that may or may not be real, when there are thinking, feeling, human beings starving RIGHT NOW TODAY. Doesn't that deserve more energy??

They wouldn't have to steal my money to help with that - I would volunteer. But there is no place to volunteer. I've looked. Just the typical fund-raising charity scams.

Randy Lee

"HAVE another cookie!!" - Don Corrado Prizzi

Randy's Italian Lot:
1978 Sport Sedan - "Cecilia", a rustfree Alfetta
1990 Mondial T Cabrio - Engine major service, climate control overhaul, and interior tune up still to go - Short is on it!!
1958 Giullietta Sprint. "G.Sprint" No holds barred. 3.0 Liter 12 Valve V6 and Verde transaxle just to get warmed up!
1976 Alfetta GT. Twin 45 Dellortos. Alfetta maintainence drug while Cecilla gets restored.
1978 Alfetta GT. Ex Keith Martin, and getting a nice set of Euro Bumpers along with the rest of the good parts off the '76.
ON HOLD 196x Lancia Flaminia Sedan - name and the rest TBD.

Ex:
79 Spt Sdn. "Griswold" and never-driven '74 Spider sold to Harry Riley
74 Spider "Isabel" traded for "Cecilia" Thanks Ric!
(Look at Isabel now:
!!)
1979 Sport Sedan Alfamatic. Traded to Wilbur for a very sweet bicycle - thanks!
All the parts cars chopped up or sent to Larry...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode