Do you believe in "global warming?" - Page 191 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 311Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2851 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 02:16 PM

smoking was told to be good for you by big buss. leaded gas was ok to use,, said big buss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2852 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 02:20 PM

you know the nice thing here.. all these post will last a few hundred years.. most likely.. so if the side that said climate change is not real and not caused by us... it will be in the nets perm. record.. love to see what you children and grand kids will say to you.
post #2853 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi2 View Post
you know the nice thing here.. all these post will last a few hundred years.. most likely.. so if the side that said climate change is not real and not caused by us... it will be in the nets perm. record.. love to see what you children and grand kids will say to you.
VERY, VERY TRUE!...up through "...will last a few hundred years".

Andy Steben '71 1750 GTV (daily driver & track day car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2854 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 03:20 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
This is profound.
Can you cite some peer review?
Also, at what concentration of CO2, do you have to re-jet the Webers?
I'm still worried about CO2 and Weber jetting.
There must be someone on the BB with the skills to figure it out.
I'm not concerned about recent cars with FI, which government-pleasing corporations would be on to.
Just Webers.

This was Post #2756, July 26.

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.
post #2855 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 03:21 PM

In a couple hundred years, we will most likely still be waiting for ANY of the computer models to be correct........"just 20 more years and it will happen"....
maseratiguy likes this.

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
post #2856 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:

post #2857 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 04:35 PM

Maybe this will work...

...if not, you know what I'm getting at.
Tom Frasca likes this.

post #2858 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 06:56 PM

Garage
@ALFAB4U ...Exactly

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
post #2859 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:01 AM

I wish someone who understands "the science" had stopped the Obamas before they made this horrible mistake! Clearly, despite his frequent assertions that "the science is settled," our former president must not understand that settled science. Or maybe he intends to build a gate system like that of Venice for Martha's Vineyard. Al Gore can help with the engineering. Sure he's not a civil engineer, but he invented the internet, after all, without being a EE or computer scientist. Don't underestimate His Largeness! (Talk about carbon footprints; can one get that large without a healthy dose of Double Quarter Pounders?)

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2...iel-greenfield

Jim: '17 Giulia Q4 Ti Sport/Performance; '92 Spider Veloce; '12 Honda Odyssey family hauler; '18 Mustang GT (because Alfa doesn't sell manuals anymore)
post #2860 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAB4U View Post
Quote:

https://youtu.be/B2L1-TgfKb4

I'll go on record for my kids and grandkids saying that if climate change is really being driven by human activity, and it really is a threat, then the only way to address it is by converting every coal plant to nuclear. If we don't go nuclear, and things go to sh*t, it's not my fault, it's all the anti-nuke people (talk about anti-science). Germany's pumped over half a trillion dollars into alternative energy that doesn't include nuclear (in fact they've been moving away from nuclear) and as a result they've not reduced their carbon footprint at all since that effort began. Because often the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow and they have to fire up those nasty coal plants as a result. You'd almost think progressives don't reason things through!

Jim: '17 Giulia Q4 Ti Sport/Performance; '92 Spider Veloce; '12 Honda Odyssey family hauler; '18 Mustang GT (because Alfa doesn't sell manuals anymore)

Last edited by Rutlefan; 08-27-2019 at 11:16 AM.
post #2861 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:31 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutlefan View Post
I wish someone who understands "the science" had stopped the Obamas before they made this horrible mistake! Clearly, despite his frequent assertions that "the science is settled," our former president must not understand that settled science. Or maybe he intends to build a gate system like that of Venice for Martha's Vineyard. Al Gore can help with the engineering. Sure he's not a civil engineer, but he invented the internet, after all, without being a EE or computer scientist. Don't underestimate His Largeness! (Talk about carbon footprints; can one get that large without a healthy dose of Double Quarter Pounders?)

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2...iel-greenfield
The overwhelming majority of the science community asserts its settled science so those of us who aren't as learned as you with your advanced degrees in science from the world's leading universities, like Obama and me, are going with their findings.

And since you're repeating that decades old, asinine, often repeated so some people actually think its true, false statement that Al Gore claimed to invent the internet, let's go there. He never claimed that. It's simply not true. He did, however, champion the government funding for it's development decades ago as a US Senator and you should give him credit for it as it now allows you to be wildly misinformed about anything and everything you want and, occasionally, learn something worthwhile like repairing and maintaining your Alfas.

Remind me again of your credentials in the field of climate science? Do you go to an MD or diagnose and treat yourself?

1986 Spider Grad (one owner) converted to 1973 2L w/dual Webers in 2018, 2007 Honda Spirit VT1100C, 1980 Honda CX500 Custom, 2017 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRt, 1971 VW Beetle Convertible (complete restoration in progress for the wife)
post #2862 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearoldspider View Post
The overwhelming majority of the science community asserts its settled science so those of us who aren't as learned as you with your advanced degrees in science from the world's leading universities, like Obama and me, are going with their findings.

And since you're repeating that decades old, asinine, often repeated so some people actually think its true, false statement that Al Gore claimed to invent the internet, let's go there. He never claimed that. It's simply not true. He did, however, champion the government funding for it's development decades ago as a US Senator and you should give him credit for it as it now allows you to be wildly misinformed about anything and everything you want and, occasionally, learn something worthwhile like repairing and maintaining your Alfas.

Remind me again of your credentials in the field of climate science? Do you go to an MD or diagnose and treat yourself?
What part of the science, exactly, is settled? This article breaks down different aspects of the question. It also lists many distinguished scientists who are skeptical about alarmist claims; my credentials are really irrelevant in light of theirs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...global_warming

And re Al Gore, do you have any sense of humor at all? Not much, plainly.

post #2863 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:45 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
I'll go on record for my kids and grandkids saying that if climate change is really being driven by human activity, and it really is a threat, then the only way to address it is by converting every coal plant to nuclear. If we don't go nuclear, and things go to sh*t, it's not my fault, it's all the anti-nuke people (talk about anti-science). Germany's pumped over half a trillion dollars into alternative energy that doesn't include nuclear (in fact they've been moving away from nuclear) and as a result they've not reduced their carbon footprint at all since that effort began. Because often the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow and they have to fire up those nasty coal plants as a result. You'd almost think progressives don't reason things through!
Are you being paid to repeat stupid s#%t you hear on FoxNews? The electricity goes out at night and/or on a calm day? Do the electrical systems in your car go out when the engine isn't running too? (those where rhetorical questions BTW. The answer is NO. That's why there are batteries. To store energy. I know that and so do my 10 and 12 year old children.) What's wrong with you? (that wasn't a rhetorical question BTW.)

1986 Spider Grad (one owner) converted to 1973 2L w/dual Webers in 2018, 2007 Honda Spirit VT1100C, 1980 Honda CX500 Custom, 2017 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRt, 1971 VW Beetle Convertible (complete restoration in progress for the wife)
post #2864 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearoldspider View Post
Are you being paid to repeat stupid s#%t you hear on FoxNews? The electricity goes out at night and/or on a calm day? Do the electrical systems in your car go out when the engine isn't running too? (those where rhetorical questions BTW. The answer is NO. That's why there are batteries. To store energy. I know that and so do my 10 and 12 year old children.) What's wrong with you? (that wasn't a rhetorical question BTW.)
Do you have any idea the storage capacity required to run the national power grid? Do some research. No offense intended but you're in way over your head.

p.s., a simple search will find articles like these. Forbes isn't Fox News is it? I don't know, I don't really pay attention to either.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesco.../#21361a968e15

Pretty sure Bloomberg isn't Fox News:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...any-emissions/

CNN is definitely not Fox News:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/opini...nos/index.html

p.p.s., I'm sure you'll neither read this articles nor seriously consider what Germany's experience implies for global efforts to move away from fossil fuels without nuclear power. To do so would disrupt the weird little fantasy world you inhabit in which solar panels, wind mills and batteries can carry the electrical load for the U.S., a U.S. with hundreds of millions of electric vehicles no less.

Last edited by Rutlefan; 08-27-2019 at 12:13 PM.
post #2865 of 2895 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 12:09 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
What part of the science, exactly, is settled? This article breaks down different aspects of the question. It also lists many distinguished scientists who are skeptical about alarmist claims; my credentials are really irrelevant in light of theirs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...global_warming

And re Al Gore, do you have any sense of humor at all? Not much, plainly.
The settled science is our carbon-based output is more that the earth can naturally dispose of and it's creating a dome of carbon dioxide that's trapping heat in the atmosphere resulting in raising sea water temps causing unnatural, volatile, weather events and also resulting in raising sea levels, due to a melting of the polar icecaps causing coastal flooding. Assuming the scientists you’ve hitched your wagon to are actually “distinguished” (i.e. not funded by the carbon-based industry lobbies), they are in an extremely thin minority. I’m leaning towards the overwhelming majority just as I would if I sought after 100 medical opinions and 97 of them agreed on the diagnosis.

Re your Gore “joke”, it wasn’t funny then, unless you were a hyper-partisan conservative, Rush Limbaugh, Republican mouth-breather, and now it’s just pathetic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode