Do you believe in "global warming?" - Page 179 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 318Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2671 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:19 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
I've unsubscribed and will do as ghnl suggested.

All the very best to all
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2672 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:30 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GV27
Yeah I don't subscribe. Just for fun I come here every few months, heap some ridicule on these fools and leave.

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce
post #2673 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Gold Subscriber

Pete
I've been posting on this thread virtually since it started in 2008. That CO2 "emissions" cause warming has never been proven.
What's more, on the Vostok Chart back for some 400,000 years the reversals to warming trends have preceded the increases in CO2 concentrations by some 600 to 1,000 years.
Heating forces CO2, not the other way around.
So it is another example of authoritarian government selecting a concept that enhances power and wealth to the state.
Previous examples include the dogma that the solar system revolved around the Earth. Or more precisely around the Vatican.
Prison and/or death to heretics.
The next great example was under the religion of Communism.
Lysenkoism.
Question it and it was the Gulag and/or death.
Maurice Strong, a Canadian, was early into the game and stated that environmentalism and later climate was the means to impose one-world-government.
Attendees at the PARIS confab a couple of years ago have stated much the same.
The latest buzz phrase is that Capitalism is causing global warming and the only way to end the warming is by ending freedom.
Very clear.
And very scary.

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2674 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyleepublic View Post
I get so fricken pissed when I read this crap. Global warming is the biggest pack of lies and bullsh*t ever promulgated to the public, beating even Bush's WMD.

CO2 IS NOT POLLUTION!!! CO2 IS WHAT PLANTS BREATHE TO TURN CARBON INTO FOOD. FOOD THAT WE EAT, ONLY SOME OF US DON'T GET ENOUGH TO EAT, LIKE SEVERAL THOUSAND EACH AND EVERY DAY WHO DIE OF STARVATION.

People are so stupid they will believe any nonsense if "authorities" say it. Cripes!
Randy had it right with the first post.

That was in April 2008.

Bob,
post #2675 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
Pete
I've been posting on this thread virtually since it started in 2008.
Just close your eyes and click your heals together and just keep repeating "there's no place like home, there's no place like home". Should do the trick!

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce
post #2676 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:27 PM
PSk

Subtle (and Randy),

Yes CO2 is food for trees, but everything is all about the correct amounts.

Because of our population growth and clearing for cities, etc. there is a tiny amount of trees now compared to 500 years ago, plus we produce more CO2 now than ever before.

So I can see how, with the amounts now very wrong, a good gas has become a bad thing for the earth, so we need to reduce the amount.

For example, salt isn't a bad thing, can help flavours pop, but if you use too much it can become a health issue ... again, everything needs to be the right amounts
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:

Last edited by PSk; 07-04-2019 at 01:12 AM.
post #2677 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:01 AM
Gold Subscriber

Pete
Please cite empirical proof that CO2 causes climate change.
Vostok says "No!".
Please cite the establishment's "models" that are even close to getting the last twenty years of temp history right.
The "models" are global warming in, global warming out.
0.04% CO2 is going to overwhelm water vapour at some 4% of the Earth's atmosphere?
And it is going to change the amount of heat received at the Earth's surface from the great ball of heat from the sky.
It has been the biggest promotion in history.

Bob,
post #2678 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:11 AM
Gold Subscriber

Coldest/Wettest January to June in US Record
http://www.realscience.com/2019/07/c...cord-in-the-us

Bob,
post #2679 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:18 AM

Garage
That's a classic. Demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of the science involved then demand "empirical proof" - when of course that full weight of empirical proof would completely overwhelm this server. Then if he did present some small subset of that overwhelming proof you'd call it fake.......then post another broken link to an ad for a "testosterone booster".

Now THAT is some funny stuff!

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce
post #2680 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:21 AM

Garage
71% of earth is covered with water..... Algae Basics - Benefits of Algae
Alfaboutvegas likes this.

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
post #2681 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frasca View Post
71% of earth is covered with water..... Algae Basics - Benefits of Algae
Stop the presses!

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce
post #2682 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:11 PM
PSk

Does CO2 cause climate change was the question that Subtle asked me. To answer this I purposed search climate change skeptic sights, because of course you would not believe me if the source was from "believers". What I have found in the following article by Judith Curry is that indeed CO2 is part of greenhouse gases that via radiative forcing maintains our planet's temperature range, without it we would apparently be like the moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://judithcurry.com/2013/09/20/co2-control-knob-fallacy/
From the perspective of comparative planetology, I think that Lacis makes a plausible argument, from which I infer that without CO2 in the atmosphere, the Earth’s climate would more closely resemble the climate of its moon rather than the current Earth’s climate. For reference, the surface temperature of the moon can swing between -150°C during the night and 120°C during the day. (pay attention, greenhouse effect deniers).
So one can deduce that changing the amount of greenhouse gas in our atmosphere would have an affect on this radiative forcing. And yes if we listened to people like Richard Branson and invented a device to remove CO2 from our atmosphere we would be in big trouble. Again as I said in my previous post, it's all about the correct balance. I'm sure Richard, with his competition (https://www.virginearth.com/the-prize/), does not actually want to remove all CO2, I hope ...

How did I get to Judith Curry?, I searched for female climate change skeptics because I remember reading a link in this thread where a female scientist said there is no denying that CO2 and other greenhouse gases control the climate temperature wise, but this female scientist argued that much larger volumes of CO2 is required to make the temperature affects that the climate change brigade like to push. I think that female scientist was Judith, but could be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://roadtoparis.info/top-list/judith-curry/
Judith Curry is fast becoming the go-to scientist favoured by the more sceptical ends of the climate debate, though she is more than capable of making a name for herself in her own right.
I have answered that CO2 helps set the earth's climate, and note Judith's comment re greenhouse effect. I think we can all agree, hopefully, about the greenhouse effect.

Found this too (see picture), but who knows it might be fake as from a climate news site. Supposedly a 1982 Exxon report. From: http://insideclimatenews.org/sites/d...e%20Effect.pdf
Pete
Attached Images

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:

Last edited by PSk; 07-04-2019 at 06:23 PM.
post #2683 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:18 PM

No, you have cited one scientist who THINKS it is conncted to climate change.....

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
post #2684 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:46 PM

Location: Transplanted from Holland to The Armpit of New Jersey
Garage
"I'm going to step out of this thread again."

PFFT

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
Oo--V--oO There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".
post #2685 of 2918 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
but who knows it might be fake as from a climate news site. Supposedly a 1982 Exxon report.
No, there's a good chance that's real. The oil and gas industry has known about this for decades. They're all publicly traded companies so they have to disclose every year the risks they see to their business. Global warming is near the top of the list for all of them every year. They're businesses in business to make money, so they can't afford to hold religious views or stick their heads in the sand. They have to deal with reality head-on.

I work for an oil and gas producer and it goes in all of our reports, we have engineers dedicated to reducing the greenhouse gas emissions from our operations (but obviously not from the product itself - not our problem!) and all of our scientists and engineers are all quite aware of it. I was amazed when I started to find that several track their carbon footprint closely and a few even drive electric cars. Don't get me wrong, this isn't some environmental operation - we drill deep in west Texas, frac the hell out of the wells and right now due to the poor pipeline situation flare off an enormous amount of gas. But these people are experts who deal in reality.

Heck, even the Trump administration says it's real - but say it's just too expensive to do anything about it.

But arguing with the fools on this thread is like trying to convince a Catholic that the Pope wears lady's underthings. Even if he came out on Easter Sunday to show them off they wouldn't believe it.

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce

Last edited by GV27; 07-04-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode