post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
New car for the wife

Ended up getting her a 2018 VW Tiguan.

It is a very nice SUV.

Any other Alfa owners with a Tiguan?

Thanks
Attached Images

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 05:54 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
I looked at one of those for my girlfriend earlier this year. They are nice cars. With the exception of a FIAT and then an Alfetta as daily drivers for a few years, I've had VWs exclusively.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 05:54 AM
Platinum Subscriber

No, but we just bought a 2018 VW Golf GTI. The plan is that I would use my wife's 2000 Jetta for my daily wintertime driver but she is not comfortable with the gadgets of the new car and prefers her old Jetta. The S4 spider never comes out of the garage in snow or salted roads so, even though it's not an Alfa, I really like driving the GTI. The 2.0 turbocharged engine and paddle shift tranny provide some driving entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbalfa View Post
....Any other Alfa owners with a Tiguan?

Thanks
Attached Images

George Schweikle

1976 Spider (Dedicated Autocrosser, "SPICA, No Carbs")
1991 Spider Veloce (Retirement cruiser)
Scuderia Non Originale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 06:25 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by conedriver View Post
........but she is not comfortable with the gadgets of the new car and prefers her old Jetta.
I have the same issue with my new Allroad.

Brian __________________________________

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 07:27 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Nice, how do you like it?

-Sam

"You're not a proper petrol head until you've owned an Alfa."
Jeremy Clarkson
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmst View Post
Nice, how do you like it?
I really like it a lot.

Excellent quality which is probably what you would expect from the German's.

Even though it is subjective, I think that it is one of the nicest looking SUV"s out there.

I would have preferred a Stelvio, but we wanted a 3 row SUV.

We also looked at the VW Atlas, but the size for her was just too big.

Only gripe about the Tiguan is the engine is a little too small (180HP), but overall I am very happy with the purchase.

Thanks.

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium

Last edited by lgbalfa; 03-16-2019 at 07:17 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 09:38 PM

New car for the wife

I thought you were talking a trade.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 07:18 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Agree the Tiguan style is tasteful especially compared to some styling disasters on other brands. To quote Bob Lutz, "Some of the new cars look like angry kitchen appliances".

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbalfa View Post
...Even though it is subjective, I think that it is one of the nicest looking SUV"s out there....

George Schweikle

1976 Spider (Dedicated Autocrosser, "SPICA, No Carbs")
1991 Spider Veloce (Retirement cruiser)
Scuderia Non Originale
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:42 PM

It might be bad luck or just random occurrence, but I have couple of friends who get new VW's on a lease because in this part of the world the brand is solidified as being "the best bang for the buck". We might live in different times due to massive number of cars being leased and under warranty so people don't really care about reliability as long as the warranty is valid, but multiple first hand acquaintances had the engine replaced with 30 to 50000 km (20, 30k miles?) which is something unheard of with older cars.

I think it's all the same, and it really comes down to personal preference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode