Do you trust China? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 10:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprocket View Post
We are currently inspecting current production ball joints from Bosch that are made in Korea - running about 12% rejects for the last 6 months. Job security for us...

BTW, Tom, I did find the Dunlap stuff - PM me your address again and I'll try to get those out next week.
Great Thanks!!!

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 10:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbert View Post
so who makes the best ball joints for alfa these days?
The best are LEMFORDER, my second choice is FRAP (made in Italy... however, the FRAPS have on occasion failed.

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 03:28 PM

Thanks tom

i got some lemforder tie rods for my aircooled. i didnt know they did alfa ones too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 05:21 PM

Garage
For car parts? I try to buy OEM, if they happen to be made in China then okay fine
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 05:51 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
It is not where they are made that matters it is how cheaply they are made. Many companies are making Chinese companies make their components too cheaply ... probably American/Australia/NZ companies where the bosses are happy to make larger profits. This is one of the problems in this modern world, all for profits for the fat share holder.
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 07:42 PM

Mid 70's (mine are '77) Mercedes LEMFORDER tie-rod ends fit 105 Alfas. The only difference is that the MB tie-rods come with ny-lock nuts instead of cotter-pins.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 09:14 PM

Garage
Trust China?
Yes, to engage in massive industrial espionage against us at all possible levels, in addition to their requirement that any company doing business there divulge their (former) trade secrets!
Yes, to produce high quality goods just long enough to land the big order, then lower quality to an absurdly low level!
Yes, to provide cheap products that fail so quickly that any savings over quality goods is an illusion as by the time you buy for the third time the quality part would be less expensive.
Yes, to actively seek to destabilize our republic in myriad ways, to continue trying to grab control of the South China Sea's, to eventually invade Taiwan, to continue levels of "Imperialism" in many parts of the world that the "Robber Barons" of old could only have dreamed of.
Yes, to continue poisoning out pets, children, and elderly as they substitute or add chemicals to fake higher quality, fat content in milk products, etc. to maximize quick profit.

I TRY to avoid buying anything made in China, very hard to do with new products now, so many of my tools are antiques!

Twin-Cam Hemi, Webers, Headers, Overdrive, Disc brakes, and no emissions equipment to spoil it all. These are gonna be FUN rides!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode