So, what kind of music you listen to? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

So, what kind of music you listen to?

Well, figure I would throw a thread up, and see what the other enthusiast listen to. OR post what you are listening to now.
I listen to Metal/hard rock. Black Label Society, Ozzy, Audioslave, Rammstein, Metalica....
I am currently listening to Velvet Revolver, Slither. Slash is such a beast on the guitar.
So, what do you guys listen to?

When cornering, its not the tires screaming...Its the road.
1985 Maserati Biturbo- project bankruptcy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 09:32 PM

The Allman brothers, Little Feat w/ Lowell George, ZZ Top, Lyle Lovett, Delbert McClinton, Allison Krause, Leo Kottke, Jim Hall (jazz guitar), Pepe Romero's Giuliani Guitar Concertos, Boccherini Cello Concerto # 5 and #8, Faure's Requiem.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series

Last edited by 180OUT; 03-07-2008 at 09:36 PM.
post #3 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Flogging Molly (Float)
Rage Against The Machine
Mary Black
Heading to the Pub tonight for Saint Pats training
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 PM

At this vary moment, Johnny Cash "Nine Pound Hammer"

-----

And now, The Nylons "A Touch of Your Hand"

-----

And now, William Coulter "Heroes of Saint-Valery"

-----

It's 30 minutes later than my last update, here's what's playing: The Motels "Careful"

-----

And now 10 minutes later, Cheech & Chong "The Continuing Adventures of Pedro de Pacas and Man"

That's it for the updates before someone tells me to stop.

So basically, I have iTunes set to random play so it's going to range from classical to hardrock and everything in between.

Gifford
'72 Super --> SOLD, '67 GTV --> SOLD

Last edited by geh458; 03-07-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: new song.....update #4
post #5 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:49 PM
But Mad North-Northwest
Platinum Subscriber

"Gubi, make metal face! Girls think sexy!"

Tom

1963 Giulia Spider (1750 engine)
1974 GTV
1991 Spider
Former: 1987 Milano Gold
post #6 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:50 PM

..yes..'mary black' i have seen her in concert in s.f. 2-3 times...as for driving.. ' the cars' shakira, al stewart,a group called 'exchange' but i listin to 'latin' music alot.... oh yes.. sometimes ' the beatles'
post #7 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 03:55 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
The glorious sound of an Alfa 3.0L V6 as played through a custom performance exhaust system, the gutteral sound of a 2L Alfa twin-cam as it growls its way up the gears in a tunnel, just about anything on NPR, Leonard Cohen, Roxy Music, Steely Dan, The Decemberists, 10cc, The Brazilian Girls, all kinds of jazz and blues, old Motown stuff, Zappa, lounge music, Debussy, Vivaldi, Verdi, Bach...lots of other stuff. I'm pretty diverse in my tastes I guess.

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #8 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 04:56 AM

'60's Rock n Roll.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Larry the Cable Guy
post #9 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I've been listening to a lot of Celtic and New Age in the last few years. The Canadian artist, Loreena McKennitt is my favorite. Her latest album/concert DVD, "Nights from the Alhambra" is simply captivating start to finish. Everything from the sound quality, to the staging, to the camera work and editing of the concert DVD is the best I've ever seen. Warning, it's addictive. You'll never get tired of listening/watching it.

Another Canadian I've re-discovered is Stan Rogers. Tragically, he was killed in a plane crash back in the 80s. His music lives on, however. His rich baritone voice is quite unique and refreshing in a music world where tenors seem to rule.

John Stewart
74 Spider
91 164S

Last edited by Roadtrip; 03-08-2008 at 06:52 AM.
post #10 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 07:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrip View Post
...Loreena McKennitt is my favorite...I've re-discovered is Stan Rogers...
John,

Although I'm not a particular fan of a lot of Celtic music, I DO love both Loreena and of course, the late Stan Rogers. His brother, Garnet Rogers is also quite good, though not nearly the talent his brother was. Stan Rogers song "39 years from now" always brings a tear to my eye, and his "Barrett's Privateers" is a song I actually sang on stage a couple of times several years ago. It's very popular with the Canadian sailors for a couple of reasons.

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #11 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:51 AM

So, What Kind of Music Do You Listen To?

In a couple of words: eclectic and broad ranging....a result of my marriage to Pat most likely. I was raised on musicals: My Fair Lady, Sound of Music, and artists like Andy Williams, Keely Smith, Frank Sinatra, Tennessee Ernie Ford, etc. but was really a Motown and rock and roll listener if I had a choice.

Some how that changed over the years, while rock and roll and Motown are still my preferences, I enjoy opera, classical music, and artists that are softer, Andrea Bocelli, Sarah Brightman, Roger Whittaker, TJB, almost anything Andrew Lloyd Webber, etc. never learned to appreciate country music much. My favorite classical piece is Pachelbel's Canon. I have a CD of nothing but it in different arrangements performed with brass, harpsichord, the London orchestra, Canadian Brass, baroque instruments etc. and second to that "William Tell's Overture."

Pat was very much into jazz, while I appreciate it, not something that I go out of my way to listen to....one of the first things he played for me on his coronet was "Stardust." The problem, I was supposed to recognize it and was totally clueless.....one of the "generation gap" failings. I got the next one..."Happy Birthday."

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #12 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Alice in Chains, Loreena McKennit, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Tonic, my own band "Roadhead"

I love to listen to classical, Loreena and other celtic ballads when restoring violins [my fave non-Alfa hobby] and I listen to hard rock when wrenching on Alfa's. Loud...

The " Save the Rusty Alfa Society"
43 Alfas at the moment [ I think], I'll be able to tell better when the snow melts
post #13 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:48 PM

Garage
In general, everyone seems to have a large, diverse and eclectic mix of tastes.
But, (just to make things a little more difficult) If you were marooned on a desert island with just your Alfa and you could only bring one CD what would it be?

Remember, it’s just you and an Italian car.

Mario Lanza, Be MY Love

Ciao tutti

93 Spider (red)
87 Milano (not red)

Last edited by aldo; 03-08-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: I drank too much wine and I had to fix my spelling.
post #14 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 03:43 PM

My taste run the gamout. My favorite bands are the Clash and The English Beat, I love CCR, The Who, Elvis Costello, The Tempations, Nat King Cole, INXS, New Order, Alkaline Trio, Avail, Me First and The Gimme Gimmies...

I actually thought about the one cd question the other day and I disected it to one song. What song could I listen to on a five hour loop in my Alfa well it turned out to be "Save It For Later" by The English Beat

Now my questions is how many here know this song at all?

current and or past: 1987 Milano (Ariel) 1984 GTV6 (Sabrina) 1992 164L (Jill) 1992 164S (Kelly) 1989 Spider Veloce (Julie) 1991 164L (Chris) 1991 Spider (Melissa)
post #15 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 03:54 PM

So, What Kind of Music Do You Listen To? / One CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo View Post
In general, everyone seems to have a large, diverse and eclectic mix of tastes.
But, (just to make things a little more difficult) If you were marooned on a desert island with just your Alfa and you could only bring one CD what would it be?

Remember, itís just you and an Italian car.

Mario Lanza, Be MY Love
My choice has nothing to do with Italy or Alfas.....White Bird by It's a Beautiful Day.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode