So, what kind of music you listen to? - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 01:10 AM
1966-2013
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaTango1 View Post
I always thought Red Barchetta was about a Ferrari but after "Googleing" it I see it's about some futuristics flying car dealy
No, you were right to begin with.

Excerpt from the lyrics as written and sung rather than someones interpretation on Google or wiki:

My uncle preserved for me an old machine
For fifty odd years
To keep it as new has been his dearest dream

I strip away the old debris
That hides a shining car
A brilliant red Barchetta
From a better vanished time
I fire up the willing engine
Responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel
I commit my weekly crime

It was a gleaming alloy air car, then shortly later a second, persuing the 50 year old Barchetta with the tires that spit gravel which later also shrieked as he spun around to run the deadly race back to his white haired uncle's place.

Darren
'84 manufacture ~ '85 MY Spider Graduate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

as hosted by

&

Last edited by Tifosi; 03-10-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 04:24 AM

Ac/dc ,Scorpions, Black sabbath, CCR, Alice in chains , Nirvana, def leppard, Roxette, Stp
post #33 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 05:32 AM

I think if DOES135 puts out an album it'll be a best seller 'round here!!

Great lyrics..........you rock!!!

86 Spider
Sperry Stage 3 Heads
Shankle 7L cams
Some springs, shocks and poly urethane sprinkled about!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 06:42 AM

Roxy Music

Loud pipes save lives.

1973 GTV - bought 3/06, intend to keep forever
1969 GTV, #AR1530021 - sold 10/72, guess didn't intend to keep forever
Current project: '69 Corvette bought in '73, DD '73 - '80, in storage 1989-2002, now apart
post #35 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 11:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to ddouglas77
I listen to the Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane and other classic rock with meaning or bending of senses...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1990 Alfa Camaro Spider Super Sport Special American/Italian Edition. Pizza Burner with Pizzaz!
1974 Chevrolet Camaro

Last edited by ddouglas77; 03-11-2008 at 09:49 AM.
post #36 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:06 AM

Garage
im not to picky..50's 60's some 80's 90's..rock, rap metal, "odd" stuff like primus, and such...NO classical and NO country

as of late ive gotten bit by tecno in general...its easy to drive to and great for in the shop working on projects...no lyrics to get in the way...but you have to stay away from the repetitive crap...for working in the shop i find it quite motivating...but ive got gigs and gigs of mp3's on the shop PC which feeds thru a old car deck built into the PC case feeding out to old 6x9's in the corners of the shop.........everything from classic hotrod stuff( beach boys, 409, lil duece coupe etc) ZZ-top run DMC, primus, NIN , eminem, aerosmith, , sammy haggar, metalica, green jello, eminem, and piles and piles of techno...just to name a few......theres enuf mp3's on the shop pc to run continuously for about 2 week 24/7 without repeating the same song( but i add and remove constantly)

if i do get bored i can switch the deck over to am/fm and tune in any station( since its still a 90's car stereo unit powered off the pc power supply with the sound card feeding into the "line in" on the deck) ...compact was the idea

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #37 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 PM

Supertramp, ZZ Top, a lotta old rock...probably because I'm another Geezer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'83 GTV6 gone
'85 Veloce gone
'74 GTV sold
'89 Grad sold
post #38 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowmileage View Post
Roxy Music
I've got everything from them plus all of Brian Ferry's solo stuff...

current and or past: 1987 Milano (Ariel) 1984 GTV6 (Sabrina) 1992 164L (Jill) 1992 164S (Kelly) 1989 Spider Veloce (Julie) 1991 164L (Chris) 1991 Spider (Melissa)
post #39 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Senior TEXAS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi1 View Post
but driving home tonight, nice 66 degs. top down hy 80 going home to sacramento...i was listing to sergio mendes & brasil 66, and the best of herb albert and the t.j brass....so cool tonight..
Wow, That was the 1st album I ever bought, I was 16- Loved it and wore it out !!! Talk about time travel...

Lets see I believe I have done this before on this board but here goes the top 3 albums:

1. American Beauty- Grateful Dead
2. The Wheel- Jerry Garcia
3. Tommy- The Who

And the #1 Album to have on a Deserted Island with my Alfa and an attractive, buxom, sensual, energetic, delicious young woman who can dance the dance.....Sade'. (I know, I know, but dont judge me..my wife will do that..)

Get out there and DRIVE !

Bill ("Plays well with others")
1978 Spider Veloce
post #40 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:14 AM

So What King of Music Do You Listen To?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Wow, That was the 1st album I ever bought, I was 16- Loved it and wore it out !!! Talk about time travel...

Lets see I believe I have done this before on this board but here goes the top 3 albums:

1. American Beauty- Grateful Dead
2. The Wheel- Jerry Garcia
3. Tommy- The Who

And the #1 Album to have on a Deserted Island with my Alfa and an attractive, buxom, sensual, energetic, delicious young woman who can dance the dance.....Sade'. (I know, I know, but dont judge me..my wife will do that..)
I also like Tommy and remember seeing the movie with Tina Turner in Cinerama or whatever that is called where you feel like you're riding the wild river on the raft etc. (I know different movie, How the West Was Won, but it gave a good example of what I was trying to describe.)

I wonder if Verizon has seen the movie or listened to the album...."Tommy, can you hear me?"

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #41 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 AM

Mostly Italian for me. Vasco Rossi, RAF, Ligabue, Giorgia, Fabrizio de Andre', etc. etc. Then 70's-80's-90's. Don't appreciate much most new music.

Concours quality alfa romeo factory decals & resto items. Interior light lenses for Giulia series with / without clear window, email:
- MtCarmelSpares.com
post #42 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
'She's the queen of my doublewide trailer'

Sammy Kershaw - saw him twice at North Fork Theater.

Loud pipes save lives.

1973 GTV - bought 3/06, intend to keep forever
1969 GTV, #AR1530021 - sold 10/72, guess didn't intend to keep forever
Current project: '69 Corvette bought in '73, DD '73 - '80, in storage 1989-2002, now apart
post #43 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 07:43 PM

Paul McCartney fully muted on the TV while Tom Waits swordfishtrombones plays on the old fashioned stereo, followed by John Hartford and then my real fav, the Trail Band. Life is good.

Todays toy count: 2012 Challenger, 97 SVT Cobra conv, 74 BMW r60/6, 52 Chevy Styleline Deluxe, (last of 12 previous Alfa's now gone).

Last edited by RC Hiatt; 03-13-2008 at 08:17 PM.
post #44 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 09:27 PM

i listen to the drum circle

1992 Acura NSX
2003 Mini S
post #45 of 492 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 06:34 AM
Senior TEXAS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Braden View Post
I also like Tommy and remember seeing the movie with Tina Turner in Cinerama or whatever that is called where you feel like you're riding the wild river on the raft etc. (I know different movie, How the West Was Won, but it gave a good example of what I was trying to describe.)
I also saw How the West Was Won on Cinerama in a really classy theatre in Houston when I was 12 or 13. Fantastic visuals. I think your right about Tina and her scene in Tommy, one of the best performances by a musical legend in a movie... Just wicked!

Get out there and DRIVE !

Bill ("Plays well with others")
1978 Spider Veloce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode