Alfa in movies... - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GTVMAN
So, I really don't get it. Why would they use an Alfa from the 60s that hardly any knows about or has seen in the states (except for alfisti, most people I have talked to have never even heard of Alfa Romeo). I mean in the other commercials they use new Chevy Cavaliers. It is AWESOME but just don't get the marketing strategy? mabey they are trying to show that the XM radio fits in older cars to? the car looks so nice though that it looks like it is brand new in the commercial!

theyre trying to take your attention away from the car. most people would have no idea what car that is. unlike those **** jean ads they want you to focus on the product.

the only reason to use a mainstream car is for ad revenue from GM / Ford / Toyota, etc.

plus since its NOBODIES car its gels that you could put this in ANY car. more people in general will pay attention to the product than if they saw it in a crap-*** cavalier. everyone has their problem with all marquees....not too many know what an AR is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 02:36 PM

Strange, no carb sound at all, active damping with that sattelite radio gizmo?
post #33 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede
Strange, no carb sound at all, active damping with that sattelite radio gizmo?
if hes anything like me the stereo is on REAL loud to compensate for the authentic italian parts falling off of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 03:57 PM

In that chick flick that came out a few months ago called Under the Tuscan Sun there was a early 1980's spyder in it.

1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
1968 Fiat 500 RHD
1979 Vespa

Last edited by Azzurri GTV; 11-18-2003 at 11:17 PM.
post #35 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 08:54 PM

Under the Tuscan Sun

We saw that movie. That black spider was more like 83 to up though...
The owner was cheap Italian playboy.
post #36 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

I have a test-drive video I downloaded for the 156 GTA it is from england I think. The lady testdriver in the video says she was hesitant at first to go into the car and do crazy turns because of the 250hp on a FWD platform. She said most people think 230 is the max you can put on the front wheels because you are using them for steering as well. She said the car had a lot of understeer but made up for it somehow. Does anyone have a server I can upload this video to so everyone on the forum can download it? It is only 10MB!

Daniel Katz
'91 Lotus Elan M100 Turbo
post #37 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 04:14 AM

Garage
Has anyone seen Johhny Stechino with Roberto Benigni? It's a Sicilian mob spoof. Very funny movie. There's a scene towards the end where they are planning a hit in the back of a 164.

Gary C
'86 Spider Veloce, '97 Volvo 850R
post #38 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 07:44 AM

You can download some clips of films with Alfa Romeo Giulias of Polizia.

Cental site

Click "mappa del sito"-> "Il restauro:la mia pagina sul sito "Pollanet" "-> "Giulie poliziesche"
post #39 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 08:39 AM
alfa of-corse

delphia xm radio says you can veiw the ad at www.kazza.com
but you have to join the site to access it
post #40 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 11:57 AM
Admin
Administrator

I was watching some sort of music video count down the other day when the song "Im To Sexy" came up. You know the song from those two European bald guys "Im to sexy for my shirt, Im to sexy for my hair, ....). For most of the video they are cruzing around Miami in the rear of a red Duetto! I was rolling for a long time and thought of this thread.

"Im to sexy for my car"!

Simon Mestas
post #41 of 416 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 12:14 PM
alfa of-corse

ther was also a c&w video that had a rather large couple in a duetto, don't know the artist or how they got in or out of the car
post #42 of 416 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 10:59 PM

Actually in the Day of the Jackall, besides his 101 spider there is a scene at the hotel where he has the French Countess, when the police arrive to interview the hotel guests, if you look behind the cops you will see a Grey Giulia Sprint GT.

And in the Italian job besides the polizia Supers, there is at least on 2600 sprint caught in the traffic, a 101 spider and in the beginning when he drives his Aston up to the Royal Lancaster Hotel in Lancaster gate, if you look really carefully you will see a giallo ochre 1750 GTV in the background.

I have seen a UK private eye show from the late 60's once with someone like Roger Moore or similar and he was driving a white Giulia Sprint GT, anyone know what the show was. I am not sure if it was telly or a movie. It wasn't the saint that's for sure. Anyone want to take a guess.

In the UK and in Australia they are showing an advert with two girls going around a roundabout in a really nice white Giulia Super, the add is for maltezers, which from memory you cannot get in the USA.

La Dolce vita is one of my favourite films too, but I always think Marcello doesn't look right in a TR3A. He should be in a 101 spider or a Lancia Aurellia spider .

There was a cd available in the UK called music from Italian 70s cop show with a real cheesy 70's cop firing a pistol from behind a 1750 berlina.

thats it for me as far as ALFA in films go. I would love to see a 1750 GTV feature in a film. Anyone ever seen such a thing?

Anyone remember the Seinfeld AMEX commercial where he is driving a Green MGA. Surprised you could get him into anything other than a Porsche.

Phil
1961 MGA 1600 Roadster, British Racing Green
1966 Giulia Sprint GT ,Argento
1970 1750 GTV s2, Verde Olivo Metallica (AR213)
2005 Holden Rodeo LT Crew Cab, Fox Fire Red

{Oo==V==oO}

Previously owned
1983 Ford Laser KB, Beige
1985 Volvo 360 GLT Dark Mettalic Blue
1970 GT Junior stepnose Resprayed Red, Giallo Ochre
1923 Amilcar Sports, rusty
I may only own two ALFAs now, but the handle stays as I am always chasing another one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 416 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by smestas
I was watching some sort of music video count down the other day when the song "Im To Sexy" came up. You know the song from those two European bald guys "Im to sexy for my shirt, Im to sexy for my hair, ....). For most of the video they are cruzing around Miami in the rear of a red Duetto! I was rolling for a long time and thought of this thread.

"Im to sexy for my car"!

Right Said Fred.
post #44 of 416 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 10:05 AM

Garage
Not an Alfa, but I think I caught a Fiat 500 or 600 (I didn't get a good look) in a Target ad on TV the other day.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][B]Bob Farace[/B]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce[/COLOR]
[I]Director, Connecticut branch, Scuderia Non Originale[/I][/FONT]
post #45 of 416 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 10:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to magista
RE: The Alfa in The Godfather that gets blown up is a Freccia de Oro or a Ville de Estate (sp?). Eek.

Rent any number of Dario Argento films and play spot the Alfa. You'll even see them in some Jess Franco movies.

You see a Spider in Winter Sleepers (same director as Run Lola Run). I seem to recall a yellow Alfa in The Exorcist for about two seconds. Look very closely at the epic car chase in Ronin and you'll see a Milano or 164 get toasted in a tunnel in Paris (pretty sure it's a Milano). There is a Berlina in Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind. Of course for the ultimate in Super action watch Pollanet Squad (if you can find it) or just go here:

www.pollanetsquad.it

'08 Ducati Sport 1000 'El Duce'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode