Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Proof There IS a God

I find this compelling. LINK
Attached Images

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 05-28-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: add link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Senior TEXAS member

The map inside of BBQ around the country is pretty hilarious too!! Only in Texas...

Get out there and DRIVE !

Bill ("Plays well with others")
1978 Spider Veloce
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Bill, I was trying to stay away from anything really controversial like other's BBQ, politics, political scandals, guns, Spica and sump guards. They say in Texas that football and BBQ are akin to religion. Like the Texas saying about politics, "In Texas there ain't nothin' in the middle of the road but stripes and dead armadillos". But we can usually agree on good BBQ. It's that sauce stuff that gums it up . . .

Now
)(
)(
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 05-28-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Senior TEXAS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Bill,... But we can usually agree on good BBQ. It's that sauce stuff that gums it up . . .
My point Exactamundo, 'specially that sauce stuff... What is that stuff anyway?
Best way to screw up good BBQ is to put that Sauce Stuff on it. Only way to get rid of that taste is to gargle with Lone Star!!!

Get out there and DRIVE !

Bill ("Plays well with others")
1978 Spider Veloce
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
My point Exactamundo, 'specially that sauce stuff... What is that stuff anyway?
Best way to screw up good BBQ is to put that Sauce Stuff on it. Only way to get rid of that taste is to gargle with Lone Star!!!
Do they still make Pearl under Miller now? What about Shiner Bock?

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

Alfa Semi-Daily driver: USA model - BB2 1991 164S Black Beauty II ALFISTO [U]

[U] BB1 1991 164L w/S engine and A/T now excess to inventory [U]

Daily driver and parts hauler but not car hauler 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L H.O. V-8

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Yup. Drive by the old Pearl Brewery in San Antonio on way to Coupus but it is said to be closed and brewed by Miller in Dallas now (Wiki). Its pretty much swill. Shiner is a weak bock and ok. They have a few different brews as well. Lone Star is a nice lager for hot days and with BBQ. It is also brewed by Miller in Dallas (Wiki2). More microbrews are popping up in Texas with many around Austin. Blanco Real Ale is my local fave. Some strong ales. Just killed a keg of their Full Moon Rye Pale Ale. They have a 6% ale (4-squared) also. But Bill is right, with good BBQ you want a mild lager and not a hopp bomb. B

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 05-29-2013 at 12:21 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 06:28 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Proof There IS a God
I find this compelling. LINK
__________________________________________________ ____

Ben Franklin found your argument compelling.

"Beer is the proof that God loves man and wants him to be happy."

"If you have a thought lasting more than 4 hours call your PBS station immediately." -- Clik or was it Clak...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 11:47 AM

Fred.

I believe Old Ben's quote was "Wine is proof that God loves us and wishes to see us happy." Just sayin'.

BTW, there are grape vines just across the parking lot outside my office door; so distracting.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I lived in San Antonio and developed an enjoyment of Tacocabana and their tacos. Also some hole in the wall near Fort Sam that had the best "stuff". Good friend was on the receiving end of my whining that here in Italy is no good Mexican food and how much I missed TacoCabanas tacos. Week later in the mail were 3 tacos. Her sense of humor was unique!

That plate of food looks amazingly awesome. ciao, chris

Maintaining my tenuous strain on reality.
89 164 2l Twin Spark, 2011 Tonka Dump

Recently added: an 89 75 (Milano) 1.6 litre w/44K on the klok.

Past loves:
79 Alfetta GTV w/Spica, my 1st Alfa

An 88 Graduate. Not really love but interesting nonetheless.

A 68 BMW 1602 - man do I regret letting that one go!

79 Scirroco, ex plowed into an illegally parked house with it...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 01:17 PM

I can confirm that Pearl beer is still available here in local grocery stores. The original Pearl brewery is now an area with shops and low density housing (with my favorite burger joint called "Timbo's" nearby). You can buy cans of Pearl beer at most of the restaurants that surround the brewery. They usually don't have it on the menu but if you ask, they'll bring you one. I don't think Pearl is any worse or better than most American adjunct lagers and yes, it's brewed in Fort Worth by Miller under the direction of Pabst which seem to hold the rights to all sorts of old school beers.

The original Lone Star brewery was converted to an art museum which is located just South of the Pearl Brewery on the river. The "new" Lone Star brewery on the south end of town is vacant and essentally destroyed by vandals (although it still has the red "Lone Star" on the chimney). We do have a lot of good mexican food here and I had Taco Cabana just last Saturday (my kids call it "Taco Banana")! As for my current favorite beer? Whatever I've got cold in my vending machine of course!
Attached Images

Steve
1986 GTV6 3.0 - No 2nd gear crunch.... yet
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 05:45 PM

Garage
Nothing finer than a Shiner. Shiner is best known for their Bock. But my favorite product from the Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, TX is their Shiner Bohemian Black Lager.

I ate BBQ ribs today at Tony DeMaria's in Waco. All you can eat, with a drink, $9 (or € 6,95 in honor of escaping from a trip to Germany today by the skin of my teeth). Their ribs are very, very good. There is better brisket around, but their ribs are really good.
Attached Images

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
Director, Alabama Branch, Scuderia Non Originale
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Help for the Confused and Incorrect since 2009
Legion President of The Confused and Incorrect

Last edited by AlfaVeloce; 05-29-2013 at 05:49 PM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I knew you would sniff this thread out sooner than later. See you Saturday at CNC. BBQ instead of La Fereria after? I'd like to hit #1 downtown?

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Shiner is pretty good but you'd be hard pressed to beat Henry Weinhards private reserve from the northwest. ciao, chris

Maintaining my tenuous strain on reality.
89 164 2l Twin Spark, 2011 Tonka Dump

Recently added: an 89 75 (Milano) 1.6 litre w/44K on the klok.

Past loves:
79 Alfetta GTV w/Spica, my 1st Alfa

An 88 Graduate. Not really love but interesting nonetheless.

A 68 BMW 1602 - man do I regret letting that one go!

79 Scirroco, ex plowed into an illegally parked house with it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode