world phone from verizon? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
world phone from verizon?

almost time to upgrade and needed a world phone from verizon.

the options are limited but any recommendations?

i am sure that i am just limited to the android platform which is fine.

thanks

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Can't you just replace the sim card?

I got a Galaxy S III a few weeks ago. It's my first phone and I really love it.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

not all the verizon smart phones have SIM cards.

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 07:07 PM

I have Verizon service had a BB world phone, no issues wherever I have gone
now have an i-phone 4S - same plan, so far has worked in BE, NL, DE & GB
just notify Verizon before you leave the country and update roaming

1981 Red Spider Veloce
Weber / RML / Header / Stinger Pipe / Stainless Bumper / Panasport 15x6
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 AM

Why don’t you go for a Windows 8 mobile because it has something new and you will get a new experience?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentinoRossi View Post
Why don’t you go for a Windows 8 mobile because it has something new and you will get a new experience?
windows 8 does not make a world phone with a SIM card for verizon at the moment.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 07:35 PM

Garage
I can tell what you don't want. Motorola droid bionic. When I got mine, world wide was not a requirement. So a couple of months after I got it...surprise! I got the transferred and in the new job I have to go to Germany 2 or 3 times a year, where the Bionic is near useless. I can Skype on it when I can get wi-fi. I'm about 18 months from eligible to trade phones.

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
Director, Alabama Branch, Scuderia Non Originale
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Help for the Confused and Incorrect since 2009
Legion President of The Confused and Incorrect
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaVeloce View Post
I can tell what you don't want. Motorola droid bionic. When I got mine, world wide was not a requirement. So a couple of months after I got it...surprise! I got the transferred and in the new job I have to go to Germany 2 or 3 times a year, where the Bionic is near useless. I can Skype on it when I can get wi-fi. I'm about 18 months from eligible to trade phones.
i would need something with a SIM card so that i could have a local number when i am in that country.

until i see something i really like, i will stick with the HTC incredible 2 that i currently have.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

just purchased the razr maxx hd.

phone is known for the battery life and so far it has been great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode