Changing the subject within threads - Page 570 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #8536 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 06:52 PM

Garage
It's still poetic license, or I may be confused and incorrect.
As to shrews, I must defer. No experience. I'm still on my first wife. Well OK that didn't come out right. But you know what I mean.
You did cause me to wonder, though, if your ex will have to hire a different lawyer for her next divorce, or should she use the one she has now?

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
Director, Alabama Branch, Scuderia Non Originale
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Help for the Confused and Incorrect since 2009
Legion President of The Confused and Incorrect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8537 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

That's part of the fun. Her husband #1 was a market analysist. That lasted 11 years. I was #2, also in market analysis. We were married for 25 years, due to 2 children 7 years apart (her plan, not mine). She moved on when my son was 10, and had a long affair with the divorce lawyer, husband #3 to be. So... how will she take #3 for all he's worth before he figures it out? #1 and I have compared notes and both would really like to be invited to wedding #3. We BOTH feel she probably has #4 already lined up. Some of this is quite sad Larry, but there is also a lot of humor in it. I've no regrets as I was a GOOD provider and husband, and never strayed from my marriage vows. On the other hand, the same cannot be said for her...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gordon Raymond
Illinois SNO Alfa Chapter Director
Illinois SNO Ferrari Chapter Director
and sometimes, CONFUSED AND INCORRECT, but Larry helps me out.
Now:
Illinois Chapter Director AND Charter Member of THE CONFUSED AND INCORRECT
post #8538 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Will this change the subject?

Flat Jesus in Pisa:
Attached Images

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Maintenance Sticky:

Alfa Semi-Daily driver: USA model - BB2 1991 164S Black Beauty II ALFISTO [U]

[U] BB1 1991 164L w/S engine and A/T now excess to inventory [U]

Daily driver and parts hauler but not car hauler 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L H.O. V-8

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8539 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 09:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Raymond View Post
That's part of the fun...
I thought I detected an opportunity for levity. Glad I was not confused and incorrect on that account. I've had a few friends go through this. Most seem to have taken it in stride and count their blessings when it's over. Others ... not so much.

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #8540 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 04:59 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Red face

I only have 2 ex-wives, well OK, I also have an ex-'common-law' wife. But I am comfortable now in a terrific relationship and don't want to screw that up by going down the aisle again.

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #8541 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Gold Subscriber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaVeloce View Post
I thought I detected an opportunity for levity. Glad I was not confused and incorrect on that account. I've had a few friends go through this. Most seem to have taken it in stride and count their blessings when it's over. Others ... not so much.
I don't know any psychology but my marriage only lasted five years when the light finally came on.

Our idiosyncrasies collided: She could not stand being treated well and I could not stand being treated badly.

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.
post #8542 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
I only have 2 ex-wives, well OK, I also have an ex-'common-law' wife. But I am comfortable now in a terrific relationship and don't want to screw that up by going down the aisle again.
Alex

It is very comforting to have a good partner in the later years. I was about to write "mature". But guys with old cars find that attainment elusive.

Bob,
post #8543 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 07:41 AM

I think Alex and Bob have pretty well summed it up. Remember that life would not be nearly as much fun if it was not for the interesting things that happen to us along the way.

Gordon Raymond
Now:
post #8544 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 AM

Changing the Subject within Threads

Where is Kitty Kelley? The book she could write about Alfadom and its relationships...

Pat and my children were 5 years apart for 13 months, when Lee died and left a 10-year gap between the girls. Not so much planned, as far as spacing, more finances and the cost: $10k for the first, $5k for the second, and $5 for the youngest.

I seem to be attracted to Cancers; if you're not one, you need not apply; both husbands and succeeding relationships. I'm not looking...very happy!

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #8545 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 10:24 PM

Garage
Over on the 164 threads, goats and I were getting over the hockey and I suppose it might be a little distracting from the "what did you do today Alfa related"... except that I drove an Alfa to the game and we WON! yeah! And anyway I started running on about how great it is here in Huntsville Alabama and I thought yeah, I'm getting way off target here so I cut it and I am pasting it here in the most off topic off all off topic threads... the thread that is off its own topic. What was it, anyway? Here we go: from my adopted home town of Hartselle, AL, just across the Tennessee River from Huntsville, AL, where I work and play...

In spite of being away from my extended family in Texas, and all the friends made being a native and 50 year Texan, I absolutely love Huntsville, AL. I have been all over the world and this is by far and away, the most livable city I have ever been in. It has everything Dallas has but without all the people and traffic. The Alfisti I run with here are every bit as wonderful as the one's I know around Austin and I'm proud to call them all friend.

If we win our bid to bring the AROC 2016 convention to Nashville, one of our tour stops will be 90 miles to the south in Huntsville, the Space and Rocket Center, and the Davidson Center for Space Exploration. You'll walk in the footsteps of Dr. Von Braun and see all the hardware that took Americans to moon and returned them safely to the Earth...All the hardware from the small steps, the backward stumbles, and of course the giant leaps. When you get here, leave a banana for Miss Baker, America's first space hero, who is buried at the entrance to the Rocket Center. As an aerospace professional, and admitted space nerd, this place is hallowed ground to me.

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by AlfaVeloce; 03-28-2014 at 10:28 PM.
post #8546 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 10:48 PM

Is this a big enough change...Southern California is rocking and rolling in my area this evening. It started with a 3.6, followed by a 5.1, and then a 3.6 and a 3.4; the epicenter was the Brea/La Habra area, about 3 miles from me.

I felt it, was talking on the phone and was disconnected. About the same feeling as the Whittier Narrows quake. I had a few things fall, nothing broken. There are broken water mains, gas lines, and broken glass reports in Brea and Fullerton. They are reporting an overturned car with injuries due to the rock slide in Carbon Canyon as a result of the quake. Roads closed in the canyon and in northwest Fullerton where the water main is broken. I've been through so many of these, I didn't do any of the things you're supposed to...just sat and watched the things sway and move until the shaking stopped.

Last edited by Pat Braden; 03-28-2014 at 11:11 PM.
post #8547 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 11:05 PM

Garage
I got shook out of a perfectly good bed in Nara, Japan in 1995. It was an aftershock to the great Hanshin earthquake that like to have leveled Kobe. For a while Kobe was the only city in Japan that had vacant lots. I have some interesting pictures somewhere...wish I could find them.

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #8548 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaVeloce View Post
I got shook out of a perfectly good bed in Nara, Japan in 1995. It was an aftershock to the great Hanshin earthquake that like to have leveled Kobe. For a while Kobe was the only city in Japan that had vacant lots. I have some interesting pictures somewhere...wish I could find them.
A kind of funny story. During the Whittier Narrows quake, Pat and I lived in Fullerton and he had never experienced an earthquake before. We were standing in the door frames in the entrance hallway as the grandfather clock began to sway because it was not anchored to the wall. Pat was standing like he was going to try and catch it, if it came his way. He brought the clock home from Italy. I remember yelling at him, "Let the d*mn clock fall and get out of its way." Luckily, the clock swayed, but did not fall.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #8549 of 8652 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Gold Subscriber

Cool

When I was nine year old, Vancouver had a 7.3 ( I looked it up).

It was centered in Vancouver Island

I was riding my bike along the sidewalk and I noticed the telephone lines swaying around. The ground was as well.

Knew it was a quake.

So I turned onto the lawn and did a dramatic fall and roll off the bike.

In parts of the city there was some damage, but not serious.

Bob,

Last edited by Subtle; 03-29-2014 at 08:07 AM.
post #8550 of 8652 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 03:17 PM

LOOK! A Puppy!

My Green Cheeked Conure, Pickle, (a parrot) spotted this puppy watching him.
Attached Images

Gordon Raymond
Now:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode