Italian Bicycles - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 12:30 PM

dave tesch frames

David Tesch was a member of our Wisconsin Alfa Romeo Owners Club and a master frame builder. He came out of the Masi shop in So Cal., then worked for Trek and finally had his own brand. He passed away at an early age on Dec. 14, 2003.

Check out this tribute to "The Manic Master":

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA/Tesch_David.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 02:12 PM

i have ridden' 'treks' and cannondales.. the trek carbon bike feel like dead wood, and the cannondales.. like they don't feel, anything, like logs... italian bikes are far the best.. but only campagnolo on italian bikes.. no shimaNO..

anyone can buy a Porsche, only Drivers drive a Alfa Romeo
post #48 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 11:21 PM

Heres my '83 Bianchi Nuovo which still sports its original group set, although the wheel set is newer and has sealed hubs (cleaning the BB is enough of a chore). I want to go carbon someday as a race bike but my current bike makes a great trainer. It has my night/rain gear on it but you get the idea.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 11:48 PM

Here is a Pegoretti that belongs to my best friend and racing partner. For those who do not know, Dario Pegoretti custom builds his frames for the individual... they take a while to get but are well worth it.
Attached Images

post #50 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 08:23 AM

carbon wheels on the pegoretti?

post #51 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 07:10 PM

Yes, as are the forks. Ken LOVES this bike, he has ridden and raced bikes for a long time and has even run a few bike shops over the years... He says this bike is a really nice ride. They took all his measurements and sent in the order, he waited almost a year to get it, but some of the delay was due to Dario being really ill. This bike sits right next to his Ibis Mojo SL, another favorite of his.

post #52 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=Lotus67;759291]Heres my '83 Bianchi Nuovo which still sports its original group set, although the wheel set is newer and has sealed hubs (cleaning the BB is enough of a chore). I want to go carbon someday as a race bike but my current bike makes a great trainer. It has my night/rain gear on it but you get the idea.

Cool! Looks very similar to my '84 Bianchi Brava. I just love the feel- it "sings" through the handlebars

I'm the only one in my neighborhood using clip-and-strap pedals- is everyone else clipless?

1966 Giulia Super (current)
1966 Giulia Super (R.I.P.)
1967 GTV (R.I.P.)
1955 1900CSS (R.I.P.)
post #53 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi1 View Post
i have ridden' 'treks' and cannondales.. the trek carbon bike feel like dead wood, and the cannondales.. like they don't feel, anything, like logs... italian bikes are far the best.. but only campagnolo on italian bikes.. no shimaNO..
+1! Italian bikes (especially lugged steel ones ) list have a certain special feel, IMO.

1967 GTV (R.I.P.)
1955 1900CSS (R.I.P.)
post #54 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 07:41 PM

I only just noticed this thread and will have to take a snap of my old bike to post, for all of your amusement.

I have a custom built, vintage road bike, but alas not really Italian, even though it does have some Italian components, Campagnolo hubs, Fiamm handlebars, Italia headset, and Campy pedals but alas I think that is about it. At least I do have a set of Alfa nicks and jersey (in red of course). The frame is a EW Evans (London) Reynolds 531 tubing, Weinmann brakes, Shimano gears, I can't recall the rest of the components as I havnt ridden the bike for a while.

It originates from the 60s or 70's ?? I bought it off my brother in law in the mid '80s. It has carried me around the South Island of NZ, as well as all over Tassie, including plenty of commuting to work etc. While I would love a new Italian Bike, I am still very fond of the old beast, due in part to a lot of sentimental reasons given where it has taken me and with whom.

"Sporting blood has run through the veins of every Alfa Romeo produced over the last **100** !!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
years"
post #55 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 09:19 AM

..yes, all 3 of my bikes are clipless. time rsx ti, pedals

post #56 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 01:17 PM

I just saw this post myself and I am proud to say I have two Italian bikes. My road bike is a 1984 Ciocc with full Super Record, custom painted in a metallic purple. My mountain bike is a Bianchi Martini Racing team issue hardtail with curved chain stays. It's funny that I never thought of getting a photo of my bikes along with my 1750. Purple, celeste, and giallo ocra! Bella!!

Howie
1970 1750 GTV
post #57 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 09:25 AM

Italian bikes go with Italian cars.
A 60,s Torpado frame converted to single speed.
Attached Images

87 Milano Platinum
76 Alfetta GT race car
70 Fulvia 1.3 Rally S
68 Fiat 850
post #58 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 01:24 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I ride an '02 Colnago Dream B-Stay with full Ultegra. Yeah, I know, it should have Campy but I pulled the Ultegra off my Litespeed when I got the Colnago. One of my teams sponsors at the time was Trialtir (Colnago's US distributor at the time) and it was a team deal that I couldn't pass up. I was on a tight budget so the Litespeed was stripped.
The Colnago's ride is head and shoulders above the Litespeed's. It can turn very quickly without feeling twitchy and tracks straight as an arrow at any speed. I know of at least four Litespeeds that shimmy at high speeds (including my old one) but I've never felt the slightest waver from the Colnago.
The only problem with the Colnago now is that it seems to be running on only two cylinders (haven't raced in a while).

Brad
'69 Series 1 GTV (105.51)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'78 Alfetta GT (Sprint Veloce)
post #59 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 05:27 PM

Masi on the way...

I shouldn't have done so, but I bid on and won an Italian-built 1980(+/-) Masi Speciale. I've bee looking for a Masi Gran Criterium for 25 years, but this is as close as I'll get, I imagine.

Plan is to sell two of my three bikes to fund the build of the Masi, using to-be Ebay-sourced Nuovo Record gruppo, Cinelli bar and stem, Fiamme tubular rims, proper clip and strap pedals, and so forth.

If you've ever seen the movie "Breaking Away" (and if you haven't, go rent it!), this bike will be a replica of the main protagonist's Masi.

1967 GTV (R.I.P.)
1955 1900CSS (R.I.P.)
post #60 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
The Masi head tube badge started carrying a biscione in the early '70s. It's interesting how by the mid 80's the biscione morphed into a crest very similar to the Alfa Romeo badge.

Brad
'69 Series 1 GTV (105.51)

'78 Alfetta GT (Sprint Veloce)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode