Italian Bicycles - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 06:46 PM

joey, shoot away, silly questions are my life. i love the interface of mechanical things bikes, cars, you name it. zigzag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 07:03 PM

joey to answer your other questions, some of the very light stuff is what i call "event use" componets. they perform very well but actually wear out faster (before anyone takes issue with this statment, i said, faster not fast) the ball bearings in a new record hub are headset size. there are a few more of them to get light weight around the hollow alloy axel. they are in my opinion, to small to ride evert day big miles unless you stay on top of the adjustment and lube, or have a fat wallet. i use shimano on my commuter bike because it is cheap and i do not care about it. zigzag
post #33 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 03:58 AM

cool italian crusier bike

i thought this bike needed to be seen on this site. this is the bike of one of the mechanics here at our shop. he started with a bianchi milano frame and built a custom campy group, 300mm super record seat pin,bullit shifters,campy OR pedals with spd adaptors. check out the chrome rack and fenders with the gucci panniers! zigzag
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 05:47 AM

ok. a little late to the party, but my bike is finished!!

sorry about the thread bump..

but.. after 6 months reading up and grabbing bits and pieces from ebay, mail order and the LBS, it's finally finished...

its campy of course:

Learsport frame (aussie designed, taiwanese built, columbus zonal tubing w/ carbon/alloy fork and carbon seat stay)
Chorus 10sp Shifters
Chorus BB
Chorus Cassette (23-11)
Record Alloy Cranks
Daytona Pedals
Connex Wipperman chain (derived from mercedes v6 cam chain!)
Centaur Derailluers
Centaur Brakes
06 Ventos w/ michellin speedium (yes, a total bugger to get on)

i've been riding it for a couple of weeks now... **** awesome fun ! gunna kill myself on this thing.... I finally topped out on the 53-11t gear today going downhill... DAAAAAMN that was DEAFENING !!!!

Last edited by joey; 12-14-2005 at 05:50 AM.
post #35 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 06:21 AM

I'm jealous of your Sthrn-hemi Summer!

Look what we have to resort to these days:

'85 GTV6

Last edited by DaveH; 07-05-2009 at 07:00 PM.
post #36 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:50 AM

Slackjaw was the bb'er who said he'd be bringing something Italian but not an Alfa to the Santa Cruz Mountains Tour a few months ago. I think he was the one on the Masi. We met at the top of a pretty substantial ridge and the Masi was keeping up with the rest of the traffic until we got to the bottom of the hill. Cool machine.

Ken

Curmudgeon
"A pessimist ain't nothing but an optimist with a lot of life experience."
1984 GTV6 in AR 530 "Rosso".
1974 Spider in 1997-2003 Ferrari "Rosso Corsa" (hey, it's what it was wearing when I bought it).
post #37 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 10:16 PM

late post here....as in my handle, i ride a Bianch ev2, full campagnolo record, an orbea starshipcarbon( yes i know it is a spanish bike,but she is wonderfull, and it is the orange/yellow,team model) full campagnolo record,expt. the crank. it is chorus( i like the looks), and a colnago dream plus, full campagnolo record agian(sorry guys, not boosting here, my ex-italian girlfreind cheated on me and left, i bought the orbea, soon after that, and showed her, her responce was" nice bike. why did you by it?" i told here that it was her birthday present,but sence you decide to leave me, i bought the bike, then i told her i payed $5700 for it, she looked shocked)..all my pedals are time rsx pedals, i like the fit, and low profile.3 sets of campagolo neutron wheels,1 set of nucloan wheels,and 2 set of proton wheels...i love campgnolonever lets me down.......and yes only italian parts on a italian bikesand diadora shoes................... i have ridden some american bikes( trek,canondale,etc.) they just don't talk back( eps.the full carbon bikes) to me durring a climb, or decent, my freinds that heve non italian bikes ,like to ride mine when they have a chance....some traded in there bikes and bought 'italian'

Last edited by bianchi1; 06-14-2009 at 02:16 PM.
post #38 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 05:42 PM

So has anyone seen or even had a spin on one of the three new Alfa branded bikes? I can't even find a picture of the carbon racer that was to be displayed at the Paris Auto Show.

My main ride is a LeMond Big Sky SL, but I got a Mongoose too. There's also a second-hand (more like fifth-hand) 10 speed in the garage along with a cheap hybrid last seen at the hotel in MSP where I spent a lot of time with work. My Alfa collection is catching up with the bike "collection."

Will
post #39 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 01:11 PM

i am writing this from my hospital bed i was in a fairly bad wreck on my all campy francesco moser i was in a coma five months [ cannot ride or play my bass any longer go to the outspokin websyte for more info i lost a hunk o skull wear ya helmet alwaysi have two onesixtyfour cars i think i will hhave to sell or part out zigzag.

Last edited by zigzag; 12-21-2006 at 01:18 PM.
post #40 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 03:08 PM

holy crap man, that's terrible ! i hope you get better, that's the worst news i've heard in a while, all the best mate !
post #41 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 04:09 PM

Wow Zigzag hope you continue to improve. Found the outspokin website with your story. Sounds like an awful experience. Get better quick.
post #42 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 06:52 PM

Here's a nice vintage Italian Job.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ht=italian+job

It is a fierce, piercing shade of yellow, aglow with passion and defiance,
vibrating with the energy of a thousand suns, of thunder at dawn.

Pete
Have - 93 Spider Veloce (2006)
Had - 86 GTV-6 (1987-2006)
post #43 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 06:55 PM

Alfa Bikes

Not sure if you have seen this but Bob is the US distributor for Alfa bicycles:

http://www.bobcoralfabikes.com/

No vested interest.

Chuck
59 Sprint
2004 Litespeed
post #44 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

anyone familiar with this frame?

http://www.gilcodesign.com/doc/GILCOoggi.htm
post #45 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Darth Moderator
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Italian Bikes

I ride a Cinelli Proxima, she's 4 years old now & still runs like the wind. Currently running a mixture of Campag, Dura Ace & Suntour Superbe Pro. This is my Fiance with our bikes on a Cycling Holiday in Cape Town, South Africa.

Seeing as this thread is about Italian bikes, tucked in the garage with the Giulietta's is my '97 Laverda Diamante 668 parallel twin.

The Laverda is here, in amongst some other toys, 'scuse the workshop, Dad is relocating & I'm building garages to accomodate his half of the toys.
(http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/show...t=33582&page=2)

Where does one look on ebay for Alfa shirts ? I'm a medium if anyone has outgrown theirs, hint, hint.

Seriously, I'm currently busy with a design for a full Alfa Kit, it will consist of Bib shorts, a full zip shirt & arm warmers, I want a set for myself & I have a contact who makes cycling clothing, so if anyone here is keen, let me know & I'll include you onto a list. I plan on making between 20 & 50 sets, the price is dependant on the numbers so the more, the merrier.

I've run it past Simon & have the BB's permission to use their logo on the Kit. The idea is to give the BB some free advertising, I'm not a dealer, I'm an enthusiast.

Ciao
Greig
Sunny South Africa
Perfect cycling & driving Country
www.cinelli.it
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode