post #17 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinhead
IWC UTC which is now discontinued.
ooooooooo purty
post #18 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 08:22 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GV27
My daily-driver is a titanium Breitling Aerospace like this one (as taken around the world by Steve Fossett - 'cept his had a big homing beacon module sticking out the side :

Sorry for the crappy web picture - as a daily-wear watch it is subject to numerous hazards and is currently sans bezel and not presentable. How much d'ya figure they'll nick me for a titanium ring? Ouch........I could probably have my Alfa's head redone for a similar price.

My backup is this TAG-Heuer F1 Chronograph:

And my "dress" watch is the 1960 Omega Chronograph pictured below. My grandfather bought it for my dad as a college graduation gift and he in turn gave it to me for my graduation:

Chris

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce

Last edited by GV27; 03-13-2005 at 08:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 08:25 AM

So, no one has been tempted into buying one of those Alfa Romeo watches on eBay? Not admitting it?

Bill / 1977 Alfa Romeo 4C2000 / 2012 BMW S1000RR / 1975 BMW R90/6
post #20 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 08:47 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GV27
PSB - GORGEOUS timepieces. Can't decide if I like the Angelus or the Longines stopwatch better.

Chris

1990 Spider Veloce
post #21 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 12:35 PM

Oooh, watches

Mine started life as a Seiko SKX007. I had a custom dial, hands, domed crystal and blasted aluminum chapter ring put in. The case and bracelet were blasted to a nice matte finish as well. The work was done by Bill Yao at www.mkiiwatches.com, long wait, but worth every bit of it.

Seikos seem to be a the "gateway" automatic...I keep changing my mind on what I would dream of getting next. Went from a cool Sinn EZM1 to an Omega SMP....recently started drooling over some nice IWC's....nothing I can afford

I also really like the Jacques Etoile Atlantis that my buddy sells at his store now...very classy and clean...and a nice mix of a lot of the other watches I like.
Attached Images

Current:
74 GTV
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
88 Milano Verde
78 Alfetta Sedan
87 Milano Verde
70 GT Jr. 1300

post #22 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 12:47 PM

Italian car - Italian watch:

Panerai 111
Attached Images

Nick
1967 Duetto 1600
post #23 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 01:20 PM

mmmm, very nice Just don't fall in the water unless you've got your diving gear on...those things are huge!

Ted

Current:
74 GTV

Former
:
88 Milano Verde
78 Alfetta Sedan
87 Milano Verde
70 GT Jr. 1300

post #24 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 05:15 PM

Garage
...any one of these....

You had to bring wrist watches into our rational discussion of all things Alfa Romeo. I am a watchaholic too, like the rest of you. Never had any custom modifications done to any of mine though. Of the watches in my photos, a few were yard sale finds. My best yard sale find is the 60's Swiss Zodiac Seawolf Automatic. I got it along with 3 other watches for one dollar!! It cost me $90 to get it overhauled. (3 Cheers for the wonderful people at the Watch Hospital on Bromfield St. Boston MA) Of the other 3 from that sale, one was a Keinzle, West German (yes kids, there were two Germanys at one time) wind up watch. Runs great but you can hear it ticking from across the room. Another one was the Gruen Precision which was in 4 pieces, the crystal, case, movement and back. I found all 4 pieces in the bottom of a box that the watches were in. Assembled the watch and it worked!!! Another one in my picture is a Swiss Lucien Piccard Automatic. It's the rectulangar steel one. I call it "That Seventies Watch". My brother found it at a yard sale and paid a buck for that one. He figured for a buck he couldn't go wrong. All I had to do with that one was clean up the band and case with a little soap and water. Bought the Swiss Army Lancer in Hamilton Bermuda on a trip, and the Swatch Autoquartz on my honeymoon in Aruba! Most of the rest come from the $19.99 table at the Fossil Outlet store at the Wrentham Outlet Mall in Wrentham , MA. I also have an ingraved Longines that my grandfather got for a 25 years employment award, that he gave me years ago. That one is locked in a safe deposit box. I don't yet have a "watch that someone would cut your hand off for", as a friend of mine calls the Rolex/Breitling/Omega watches. When I win the lottery: Breitling Navitimer, White w/ black numbers And yes any month that doesn't end in a 31 can be a pain in the neck.
Attached Images

Marc
Southeastern, Massachusetts
alfabb member #1672 (I think...)

[B]Auto[/B]-biography:
- [COLOR=Red]'84 Spider [/COLOR] 2003-Present
- [COLOR=SlateGray]'97 Jetta [/COLOR] 1997-Present
- [COLOR=SeaGreen]'98 Accord [/COLOR] 1998-Present
- [COLOR=Red]'85 GTI (RIP) [/COLOR] 1991-1997
- [COLOR=Gray]'86 GTI (RIP)[/COLOR] 1988-1991
- [COLOR=Gray]'66 Chevy Caprice Classic (RIP)[/COLOR] 1986-1988

Last edited by 84_SPIDER; 03-13-2005 at 05:25 PM.
post #25 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Gold Subscriber

Ok Bill I'll admit it For $0.01 I bought one. It runs and keeps time but if it stop's running tonight thats ok it looks cool.
Attached Images

Steve M
'78 Spider
post #26 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 08:56 PM

Garage
I'd been tempted by some of the Alfa watches on eBay, but never enough to actually bid. Steve's is one of the better looking ones; most look very much like an Alfa logo was stamped onto a generic watch.

I don't suppose anybody wants to see my Betty Boop (with the eyes that shift back and forth) or Ampeg promo (with watchband in the same pattern as the blue-check tolex that covers their amps) watches . . . I also have a cheap Fossil and a pocket watch (Hamilton, I think) that my grandfather got when he graduated college and which in turn was given to me when I graduated. But I almost never wear a watch. (I've always liked the looks of a Movado Museum watch, though, the version without a bezel.)

[FONT="Century Gothic"][B]Bob Farace[/B]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce[/COLOR]
[I]Director, Connecticut branch, Scuderia Non Originale[/I][/FONT]
post #27 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 05:52 AM

I picked this up awhile back..

early '50's vintage.
Attached Images

Jack - '67 GT Junior
post #28 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 01:49 PM

I got me a Timex from the Wal-Mart.

Sometimes I think I should trash the Alfa's and buy a Buick.

Last edited by 84GTV6; 03-24-2006 at 07:29 AM.
post #29 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 10:21 PM

I bought this watch at Bellevue Alfa Romeo shortly after Alfa announced their pull out of the US market in 1995. I figured it was my last chance to buy an official Alfa Romeo watch in the US. It has been thru 5 or 6 batteries and 5 bands, but still keeps accurate time.

Ciao,
Attached Images

John
'73 GTV - Owned 24 years
post #30 of 289 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 05:05 AM

Since mine was "borowed" by someone and wanting to contribute my paintmarker gave me a new watch........

I't not very accurate so I added the 4 show only..........
Attached Images

Eliseo Carrillo
105.30....Scalino
101.23....Little Green Spider - now back home with Dr. Rex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode