RSRacing-Ron Simons/Group 2 GiroDisc/GoTech TECH Session in NY - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

RSRacing-Ron Simons/Group 2 GiroDisc/GoTech TECH Session in NY

Ron Simons, JJ and some other loose folks will be at Alfa Import Center for a Tech Session the Saturday the 20th of January.

Ron Simmons will talk about his Nüerburg Ring (The Green Hell) driving school "Alfa 75 Experience" where you get track time and tutoring in an Alfa 75 (Milano). He will show a video about the "Ring" and do a show and tell about his "Ring" developed coil-over suspension. He'll probably bring a GTV6 Coil-Over system to look at. We'll also see his 105 suspension on a 1750 GTV (Guess whom's )

JJ Will install a GoTech computer in a GTV6 and show off a real live 3.45L Glenwood engine. If all goes right the car will leave with a modern computer!

There will also be GiroDisc Brake Kits and other goodies.

Will get back with starting time and any updates.

Cheers, Nick

Alfa Romeo GTV 1750 '69 | Waiting for a 4C | SAABaru '06 | BMW 520i SW `14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Bump!

It's on!!! We'll start at 9:30 AM. See you all there.

Any questions email me (nick at nicks-gtv6 dot com) or Susan from Alfa Import Center at: (shefixit at earthlink dot net) [Remove spaces and insert the proper symbols, writing the adresses this way is to avoid junk-mail]
Attached Images

Last edited by nicke; 01-12-2007 at 10:29 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 08:00 AM

That looks great Nick! Thanks for your work on this!

Do we have a projector and a flat white wall to project on to - or a pop-up screen - my arse isn't quite THAT large....

Full-Race 6-Speed Getrag 3.7 Litre 24v Milano; 1993 155 TS 2.0; 1999 24 Valve 3.0 916 GTV; 1995 164Q; 1987 Milano Verde; 1966 GTV Stepnose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Yes we have a projector. And we'll figure out the projecting surface in time for the show.

Nick
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Just to clarify things.

WHAT:

We'll start 9:30 AM with Ron Simmons talking about his Nüeremburg Ring (The Green Hell) driving school "Alfa 75 Experience" where you get track time and tutoring in an Alfa 75 (Milano). He will show a video about the "Ring" and do a show and tell about his "Ring" developed coil-over suspension. He'll bring a GTV6 Coil-Over system to look at and if all goes well we'll have the 105 sytem installed on a car too.

NYAROC is serving coffe and such.

As Ron's talking JJ will start installing a GoTech (JJ probably heard this once or twice before) When Ron's presentation is done it's general Q&A and a chance to take a look at the latest toys! (As JJ continues to install the GoTech in David Rivkins GTV6...)

Ron's and JJ's tour is sponsored by Group2 and Girodisc, so we'll have Giro disc kits to look at.

RSRacing will have a 116 and a 105/115 coilover kit to look at.

There will be GoTech's and Wire harnesses to fondle.

There will be a real live 3.45 L 3 Cam Glenwood motor on display.

And for some East-Coast flavour Andy from Performatech will show his Watts-Link kit.

WHERE:

Alfa Import Center
981 Wyckoff Avenue
Ridgewood NY

718-381-6764

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=ny&zipcode=
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 09:45 AM

Nüeremburg is where all the jews got gassed

The Nürburgring is where Ron Simmons teaches people to try and tame the infamous circuit !

1989 Alfa 75 3.0V6 & 1971 Alfa Giulia GT1300 Junior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 04:54 PM

So, that last comment notwithstanding; the California sessions went great and we are looking forward to meeting all of you in the morning and in Houston next week!

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/show...t=33343&page=2

Full-Race 6-Speed Getrag 3.7 Litre 24v Milano; 1993 155 TS 2.0; 1999 24 Valve 3.0 916 GTV; 1995 164Q; 1987 Milano Verde; 1966 GTV Stepnose
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 06:33 PM

Gerat Show. Guys!

This was a great show! Thanks, to Ron and John and Andy for putting it on -- and also to our hosts at Alfa Performance Center, who were kind enough to open their shop and give us the day.

Rex in Albany
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 08:24 PM

I second Rex's thanks! This was not only a valuable and informative session, but a most pleasant way to spend the day, with some great folks... It's always a pleasure to partake with BB and AROC members.

My only problem now is that I'm here, at home, seriously figuring out how I will make to Nürburgring this year, get a GoTech for one of my V6s, and deciding what I need to add to the current Performatek order, and since I don't have time to do my own work...

Ron, John, Andy, Giuseppe & Susan - great session and a real pleasure!

Best regards to all,

Enrique
[SIZE="1"]Spider 74, 84 & 87
Milano 88 Verde
164 91S, 93L & 95Q[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[B][FONT="Verdana"][RIGHT]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/RIGHT][/FONT][/B]
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 09:04 PM

Thanks from Ron and I both - to all of you for coming and listening....

Alfa Import Center RULES! Thanks guys - nice people - honest - hard-working and VERY helpful! (Pleasant and good cooks too!)

If you guys were in Seattle it would be hard to pick between G2 where I have a long-standing relationship and AIC where you just want to come back to every day! (Giuseppe "gets" it - he just does!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode