Welcome... - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 11:52 AM

I watched the first 5 mins and it looked promising then when I looked it up at work I got a nasty surprise

Lets hope the abs can do better this weekend

1991 33 1.5 ie - dead :-(
1989 75 TS - Alive :-) - Down to 1 flashing light on the ARC !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Who...you forget where I'm from

Alfa75 3.0 (A work in progress!!)
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 01:31 AM

I didn't want to bring it up since your boys are about to be knocked out from another international competition without making the semis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 11:05 PM

Crap.......was I wrong

post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 12:36 PM

Any chance of a South African joining your corner of alfabb.Promise I won't mention the Rugby,**** it was good wipping the English!
Attached Images

post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 06:28 PM

Wait to the Super 14-SA sides in for a whipping, especially against the Crusaders. On the basis we`ll end up feeling sorry for you you can come onto our playground.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfavirusnz View Post
Wait to the Super 14-SA sides in for a whipping, especially against the Crusaders. On the basis we`ll end up feeling sorry for you you can come onto our playground.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6
You sound like an Australian now! Whenever we lose we still hold our heads up high,never looking for excuses or sour-grapes.We have a lot of political intervention in our Super 14 teams,never hear us complaining about that.
ps.Winning the Super 14 is nothing compared to winning the World Cup.
The Bulls should do well this season.
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 01:16 PM

What`s this "sounding like an Aussie"-that`s tantamount to saying my Alfa looks like a Toyota. Good to have you aboard. I`m intrigued though-a South African living in Portugal? Do you see many old Alfas there, or any old cars for that matter? Was that your Spider in that workshop?

Regards
Richard J

post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfavirusnz View Post
What`s this "sounding like an Aussie"-that`s tantamount to saying my Alfa looks like a Toyota. Good to have you aboard. I`m intrigued though-a South African living in Portugal? Do you see many old Alfas there, or any old cars for that matter? Was that your Spider in that workshop?

Regards
Richard J

Sorry man,just teazing.I know the Kiwis don't like to be compared to the Australians,don't blame you!Have been living here since last year,had to leave SA(politics unbearable).Yes that is my Spider,had some major frontal repairs recently done after an accident.
You won't believe the amount of classic Alfas here in Portugal.Mine is the only 2000 Right-Hand drive here.'60 juniors are plenty.Most of the Alfas are in excellent condition,because the MOT is very strict.The authorities frown on a slight oil leak,common on classic Alfas.
Modifications are a no-no,even the tyres has to be factory spec.
I brought my Spider with from South Africa and running aftermarket Momo-Vegas with 185/60 tyres.I still have to get a letter from Alfa SA that confirms 185/60's are standard!...........Could be a problem.

Wish me luck!

I see you have quite a collection of classics,lucky man!
What's the weather like there?Is it Alfa friendly?
Are Alfas common there?
Where do you get your parts from?
I heard the drives there are very scenic.

Best Regards
Garry
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 03:10 PM

Where I live roads are great for Alfa driving- with a great variety of theme from long flat straights on the Plains to Mountain Passes in the Southern Alps (about an hour away). Because of our small population no motorways and all 2 lane roads, relatively unpopulated BUT speeding here is policed strictly-you get treated better, I feel if you were a child molester-so you do have to watch it, however in the South Island in reality there aren`t too many traffic patrol units.
Weather is described as temperate-up to about 35 deg C in summer often but more frequently low to mid 20`s C. We are dry with 25 inch rainfall so doesn`t rain that often and mainly in winter. Winters aren`t that cold in that although have frosts often in mid winter temps around 10-15 deg C and sunny so cheery and more importantly can use my Alfas in winter-in frosts they put grit, not salt on roads and ice disappears 10amish anyway from most areas.
Very car orientated in Christchurch with a good range of skilled people to call on-the car capital of NZ.
Yes I have quite a collection (I have 3 modern day to day cars too- 2 Mercedes & BMW) but all my Alfas despite being tidy from 5 metres require work of some type to bring them up to a std I want -I am away frequently with work, and having a mortal`s budget so lack of time and money delay the restoration process but at least they get better,not worse under my ownership.
Have you considered NZ to live?

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6.
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 08:29 AM

A member of my wife's family is from NZ,although they have been living in the Algarve for 20 years.Great people,I think the people from NZ and South Africa have a lot in common,both are friendly and outgoing.Met a couple of Kiwis in the Algarve on holiday and had great barbecues and drinking sessions at our holiday home.Living so far away from South Africa we made a mistake thinking that all English speaking people are like us,bad mistake!My wife and I tend to steer away from the Australians and English, over here we have a lot of ex-pat's.
Some of my South African friends have moved to Australia and some too NZ.The ones from Australia have nothing good to say,unlike NZ.They claim it is like being at "home".
I think you lot must be tired of the large amount of South-Africans immigrating to your country!
I have only recently repaired my Spider.Smashed it into a tree after watching a Super 12 game,a couple of years ago.Lost interest and it stayed in my garage untill I shipped it with me to Portugal.I should have repaired it in SA,the cost in Portugal was 3 times the price!
Best Regards
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 09:13 PM

Yes I we do get on with South Africans-don`t mind them coming over-so long as they`re not the racist ones which fortunately 95% aren`t. Met quite a few through rugby and funnily enough when I played for University Seniors in Wellington (we played in same strip as SA) my locking partner was a SA to ad authenticity perhaps. I thought labour rates in Portugal would be pretty cheap-bad assumption. We still need a few more people over here-just a few and if you like Rugby, Alfas and drinking we need you.

Richard J

post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 01:14 PM

Where is my coat!
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 07:04 PM

New to the BB

Hi all, I eventually found my way here through a host of other sites and the main AlfaBB. Just to confuse matters, I'm an Italian, from the UK now living in South Canterbury
After a lifetime of wanting to own an Alfa Romeo, I recently acquired a '72 2000GTV.
Although it is a runner, it will need restoring at some point but first I have to complete at least one of my other projects: '69 Fiat 124ac & '75 124cc.

I recall seeing a beautifully restored silver GTV at Levels raceway, Timaru earlier this year, the owner was from further south, Gore or Invergargill I think. I would be interested in contacting him if anyone knows who I mean.
Also, any further info on where a new NZ Alfa owner should start would be appreciated.

A couple of things I need straight away are door check straps/limiters and I have 3 headlamp surrounds, one small and 2 differrent large ones. Anyone have any of these spare by any chance?

"The purchase of an Alfa Romeo is a very important happening for a man...it is the fulfillment of a desire."
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernolese View Post
Hi all, I eventually found my way here through a host of other sites and the main AlfaBB. Just to confuse matters, I'm an Italian, from the UK now living in South Canterbury
After a lifetime of wanting to own an Alfa Romeo, I recently acquired a '72 2000GTV.
Although it is a runner, it will need restoring at some point but first I have to complete at least one of my other projects: '69 Fiat 124ac & '75 124cc.

I recall seeing a beautifully restored silver GTV at Levels raceway, Timaru earlier this year, the owner was from further south, Gore or Invergargill I think. I would be interested in contacting him if anyone knows who I mean.
Also, any further info on where a new NZ Alfa owner should start would be appreciated.

A couple of things I need straight away are door check straps/limiters and I have 3 headlamp surrounds, one small and 2 differrent large ones. Anyone have any of these spare by any chance?
Hey Mate

Welcome to the BB and New Zealand

The two best places to find spare parts for alfas in NZ are www.trademe.co.nz and AROC

Hope this helps

Cheers
Nick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode