Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   New Zealand Forum (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/new-zealand-forum/)
-   -   GTV6 on TradeMe (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/new-zealand-forum/169310-gtv6-trademe.html)

Stravs 08-13-2010 03:14 PM

GTV6 on TradeMe

Hi guys,

Just seen a cheap GTV6 on trade me.
Not mine, but it seems cheap.
Dare I say it, almost cheap enough to be a parts car. :o

Alfa romeo GTV6 1984 for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand

azzaob 08-14-2010 08:13 PM

This must be the one I saw coming out of Katikati last year. Strangely enough I just drove through Katikati this morning on the way back from Tauranga. A pity, as it would have been nice to see in the flesh... no mention in the advert about mechanical condition but as you say at around 2.5k it is "priced to sell" even if not in the best condition.

rpcas 08-14-2010 11:48 PM

This is something that everyone expects to sell but for some reason it may not, maybe doubt over mechanical condition and also likely buyers may not want to part with the money or even have the money right now. (Thats my situation)

azzaob 08-15-2010 12:51 AM

Without looking at it I guess we won't know, unless the seller is here on the BB?

Hopefully someone who looks after it buys it and enjoys as the seller says he did. My partner is keen for me to get it but $$ and five cars in the driveway in various stages of repair mean it is a no go for me :( Maybe in a few years time? he he.

haden 08-15-2010 05:32 PM

FYI-this was for sale in the NZ AROC mag back in June 2007-owner was in qtown.

Heres the add from back then

1984 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Vehicle imported from Australia 2005 3 litre unleaded (fitted 2005), 73,857 km, 5 speed manual (clutch rebuild 2005), Brakes: Front - 9 inch disc, dual piston callipers, Back - 8 inch disc (rebuilt 2005), 12 volt starter, alternator, Spark plug extensions renewed 2005, full body kit; factory 15 inch alloy wheels; tinted windows; sunroof. Driveline couplings, shock absorbers, exhaust system, brake master cylinder - all new 2005. Spare parts: new front suspension bushes and joints provided with vehicle Reg expires: July 2007, WOF expires: November 2007, $8000.00 ono. This car is in great condition, particularly with regard to mechanics. Some blemishes in paint where rust has been removed during compliance inspection on import into NZ. Reluctant sale, however young female owner cannot afford time and upkeep that this car requires. Please phone: 021 942 304 (evenings only), or email: [email protected]

azzaob 08-15-2010 05:59 PM

Someone has snapped it up as it is gone from TradeMe. Suspect I know who...DH..

Rik 08-16-2010 12:39 AM

I know the seller and have seen the car. I had a poke around it a few months back. It was pretty tired but I don't think beyond saving. Hopefully it's gone to good use.

alfavirusnz 08-16-2010 02:01 AM

Dunno what you guys thought but I thought it looked awful in the all white paint job-needs alloys repainting, grille and bumpers done etc etc to make it look respectable but at $2500 looked cheap for a half reasonable GTV6.
Everyone seen the Berlina in Southland (TradeMe)? That looks not too bad.

humpster 08-16-2010 02:47 AM

Hello to all I am the new owner! Drove down at 7 this morning from Aucklandwith my friend in my silver GTV6, parted with the cash and drove back in convoy to Auckland. And yes it is going to a very loving home. Under close inspection it's actually a very good car and to be honest an absolute bargain. You are right about the white on white, that has to go and will soon, that's an easy fix. Car is very tight and was a blast to drive. Has a clevely fabricated double front sway bar with koni's. Also came with a very rare and well made fibreglass boot of all things. Body is as straight as a die. Gear change bl**dy amazing for non isostatic, but I think that the driveshaft hanger bearing in noisy. New exhaust at rear.
One thing though is that it is not a 3.0l it's a 2.5 without vacuum advance.

So there you have it. Ye haa! another Alfa to play with. I think I will like the white so much with black grill, bumper etc that I will probably sell my silver one, which I will expect to advertise on TMe in the next couple of months. I also have a 75TS which will also be up for grabs in the coming months (condition on buying the white GTV6, says wife :-(.

azzaob 08-16-2010 03:26 AM

Ha ha thought it would be you David.

Aggie57 08-17-2010 04:36 PM

Alfa Australia did do a couple of all white cars as promotions; maybe it's one of those. Long time ago but by memory they called them "Appaloosa" or some such thing.

Alister

humpster 08-17-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aggie57 (Post 912299)
Alfa Australia did do a couple of all white cars as promotions; maybe it's one of those. Long time ago but by memory they called them "Appaloosa" or some such thing.

Alister

Hey could be one of those alright? This car was imported in 2005 to NZ so it certainly is a Aussie thoroughbred. I'm not to excited about the white on white look, certainly not for the wheels. but in in some strange nostelgic way the colour does reflect the "outrageous 80"s". Just pulled off all the bumpers and plastic trimming to see what wass lurking behind those "rust covers", not a sigb of rust anywhere, gotta love that Aussie climate!

Stravs 08-17-2010 05:38 PM

Glad to see it being looked after rather than wrecked.

azzaob 08-17-2010 05:44 PM

Why was it listed as a 3L?
I thought the 3L engines had "6C" on them making them pretty clearly different from the 2.5s visually? or am I completely wrong?

humpster 08-17-2010 06:20 PM

The seller was told it was a 3.0l out of a 75, I think he just took the seller at his word. I looked at the rear of the drivers side head, and there it was "2.5" in raised numbers. It certainly had no more go that my silver GTV6, in fact it has a little less punch. Very tight and smooth though, engine has seen some work at same stage I'm sure. After the test drive I found my self scratching my head, thinking, if that's a 3.0l then there's something wrong with it and the new reconditioned 3.0l in my garage awaiting transplant is a waste of money :-(. Anyway it's going to be a 3.0L in the coming weeks....can't wait. Anybody need a 2.5?