GTV6 on TradeMe - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Rik

Garage
I thought it might have been yours actually. How many GTV6's are there in Ashburton?

1975 Alfetta GT (White)
2003 147 GTA (Black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 PM

Garage
Just two i think?

There used to be a nice black one aswell 10 years ago but it has gone south somewhere.

1987 GTV6
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:13 PM

that GTV6 is Mike Hill`s car and is a good example, perhaps better dare I say than the previous GTV6 on TradeMe (but I didn`t like those stripes). doesn`t have any suspension mods though but rust free and unmolested by any f/whit previous owners.
Mike is a pretty particular guy and the car gets plenty of open road hot running when he commutes to the school he is Deputy Principal of about 30km`s south of AshVegas. It would be a good one for any serious lookers.

Richard J
'65 Giulia Ti, '69 GT Junior, 72 Spider, '74 2000 GTV, ,`00 156
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 04:44 PM

Did the Ashburton GTV6 sell?
Tom
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 01:45 AM

Garage
It says it was withdrawan by seller.

1987 GTV6
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Rik

Garage
I spoke to Mike on Thursday and he says it has sold. He thinks it's coming up to Auckland, so we're getting one back after losing the previous one to the south!!
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

The GTV6 from ChCh area did make it up to Auckland. The new owner brought it over a week back and its a nice car. He seemed wrapped with it

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 TS manual 1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 manual
80salfa.wordpress.com
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 05:04 AM

Maybe its a bit off topic but any chance that you can post any photos of your GTV in the NZ picture thread Rik ?

1991 33 1.5 ie - dead :-(
1989 75 TS - Alive :-) - Down to 1 flashing light on the ARC !
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 05:34 PM

Hi all, yes it's in Auckland alright. I am the new owner and love it. I bought the car within hours of it being listed, the seller getting a deposit within 24hrs. Flew down to CHCH with a friend paid the seller the balance jumped in the car (only the second GTV6 I have ever driven) and drove straight back home to Auckland stopping overnight in Wellington
I's a funny thing that another GTV6 should appear soon after the racing striped one in Auckland (of which I was the second-to-last bidder). That car was the other GTV6 that I drove. A very nice car too, it had a lot of money spent on the suspension front and rear and at $8300 I thought it was a real bargin but I just could not stretch for the extra cash as i had also just bought a red 75TS from Hamilton as a quick fix to get transport since my 33 1.7 slipped a belt and bent some valves:-(
What I always wanted was a GTV6 but none where on the market so I settled on the 75 only to see 2 x GTV6's advertised just after I bought it. And yes the GTV6 is all that I wished for, such a spunky, but butch but pretty GT all rolled into one. The 75 though is a much better car and fells very modern and well sorted in comparison, it is such an overlooked car, the styling dosent suit everbody.
Anyway back onto the topic. The GTV6 came with a spare motor as well, hmmm just as well cos the motor that is in the car is a little smokey, smooth quiet and punchy but smokey . Also the suspension (rubbers and bushes ) all need to be replaced as they are flogged and makes for a sloppy drive when pushed. Gearbox is perfect though absolutely no issues unlike the striped one which was snicky in second
But the drive back was one to remember, it was a fantastic journey only made better by the fact I was behind the wheel of my new GTV6.

Just a quick question, would you guys replace the rubber suspension bushes with rubber or nolathane, keeping in mind I don't want a crash bang ride quality.

Cheers and Merry Xmas.......already got my present!!!!!!!

Alfa GTV6 3.0L LSD TS BOX
Alfa 156 2.0TS
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 06:58 PM

It`s the drives like that you remember for the rest of your life. Glad you enjoy and appreciate the car.
As far as suspension goes it will be more cost effective, I believe, to put in the aftermarket products on but for a road car it depends whether you wish to increase the harshness a little for a very modest gain. Well worthwhile lowering just a little though and replacing the shock absorbers, which if the bushes are worn, the shocks will be too.

Richard J
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 07:12 PM

Yes I'm inclined to agree with you re aftermarket parts. The shocks have been replaced by the looks as they are yellow (Koni?)which I doubt are factory. I think lowering her just a little is on the cards as well, no more than an inch should be just ideal.
The ride is actually very smooth and quiet, no wobbles, shimmys or rattles, quite a bit of body roll though which gives the impression that the GTV6 is struggling to hang on on corners, I know I am! I know that suspension travel is a good thing and that's what enables cars to stay on the road and negotiate tight corners, but it would be nice if the car cornered flatter.

Alfa GTV6 3.0L LSD TS BOX
Alfa 156 2.0TS
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 01:35 AM

You have to trust the car. rather than corner absolutely flat like a modern car who rely on high grip low profile tyres and very stiff anti roll bars these cars are designed to slide and will settle but not roll over or let go suddenly-they just don`t have the grip of a modern. What they are is a very well sorted vintage chassis. Takes a bit of getting used to but the chassis is very very safe and predictable with absolutely no vices. On real life roads though still a very effective tool but different to moderns.
Just for interest look up pictures of old road going Ferraris up to the mid engined Berlinetta Boxer and you will see that they roll in corners far more than anything current to put things into perspective.

Richard J

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode