sud on the news - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to alfasprinter
sud on the news

shame about the circumstanses but did anyone see eddie Bs sud on tv3 the other night? poor bloke, bloody quick car but you never know when this kind of things gonna happen. hope Eddie and Ant have a quick recovery

Cheers

Richard

1981 Alfasud sprint veloce 16v race car yellow
1988 Alfa 75 racecar project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 06:38 PM

No I didn't see this, what happened?

Christchurch, NZ.
Alfetta GT twinspark project, Alfasud Ti, 3x164s, 4x156s, 147, 166, plus parts cars.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Heres the news link

3 News > Video > Extended Video > Two injured after crash at Pukekohe Race Track

explains it beter than i could except for the holden driver talking about a blue chevette insted of a white spud

Cheer

Richard

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 02:19 AM

Looks like a bad crash

Hope everyone is alright
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 10:45 PM

Both Ant and Ed actually made it to the Icebreaker meeting at Pukekohe that weekend, but as spectators rather than competitors. A bit sore but they will be OK.

The car is not in a good state after the crash. The Fire Service cut the roof and roll cage up to get the guys out, as there was concern about back & neck injury. That the guys are OK is testimony to the value of a good well designed and built rollcage. The occupied area of the car was well protected. It could have been an awful lot worse !

TV1 did a real dis-service in showing the car and saying the driver and passenger were in a critical but stable condition in hospital. Boy were the phone calls flying around the country when the other club members heard that !!!

1989 Alfa 33 1.7 QV (x 2)
1 x 8v 1 x 16v
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

is eddie going to build a new car? or was nothing salvagable? i see you like had a new car for the weekend Dave, whats the story?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 02:15 AM

Hi Richard

I'm not sure what Ed's planning. The motor might be OK, but as for the rest of the car, it's not pretty ! Not at all !

I am putting a 16v in my S2 33, and am going to have a run in Veloce class. I decided to run the roadgoing 33 in Ti class for something to do while I'm fiddling about with the modifications.

The Icebreaker meeting weekend was a disaster racing-wise. I was all set to have a good run. The car had a re-co gearbox and was running well. I have run it to & from work, and even up to Whangarei - no problems it seems as quick in a straight line as the race car.

I got out on track, and after the first lap it started starving of fuel, and wouldn't rev. I did the grand total of five timed laps all weekend. It ran fine when I drove it home. It was just at full throttle, it was picking up rust from inside the fuel tank and it couldn't pump enough.

When I took the tank out, it sounded like a bucket of sand in there. It was HORRIBLE !! 8-10mm of rust flakes & gunge in the bottom. The car must have sat somewhere for months with an empty tank, ad as the old Neil Young song says.. "Rust never sleeps"

So a new tank, new fuel filters and a clean-out of the lines, and I am expecting it to go just fine for the next series event the HRSCC meeting in Taupo in early December. (I took the tank from the race car and used that, as I am going to need to use the later fuel tank arrangements with the 16v injection system.)

I am so looking forward to getting the race car out with a few more horsepower to play with !

Hows progress on your Sprint going?

Cheers
David F

1 x 8v 1 x 16v
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

are you going to run standard 16v injection? is trofeo coming to manfeild this season?

Progress on sprint is incredibley slow, im trying to find a panel beater to finish off all the body work for a reasonable price, and building coilovers then i can put the car together and build the motor and go racing haha, i have a race on with my boss to see who will finish their race car first, neither of us are going very quick!! do you have a set of current trofeo rules?

cheers
Richard

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 12:00 AM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for both guys .

But that Sud is gone .
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 03:41 AM

Hi again Richard,

The rules are up on the Trofeo Series website http://www.trofeo.org.nz/TrofeoSeriesClassRules0809.pdf

If I can assist with anything on the interpretation side, happy to.

As far as the series coming to Manfield, we'd like to run down there more but had trouble finding a suitable meeting. We had heard that the Historic Racing Club were going to run there later in the year, and would have gone with them, but it never came off.

The Whittakers meeting is not a suitable one to try and run a points competition at, so we will be only be at Manfield once this season, at the AROC May Madness meeting.

We hope to have some runs in at the new Hampton Downs circuit next year. They are starting to remove the preloading off the track in preparation for sealing. (i.e They put several meters of fill on it to compact the earth beneath and prevent further settlement. This gets taken off before sealing)

Also I saw Ed at committee meeting tonight - all good, but still a bit tender in the mid-section.

Cheers
David F

1 x 8v 1 x 16v
!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 05:48 PM

kz60 ..... build a good roll cage

barrel rolling down the fastest straight in nz after getting turffed up the armco by an out of control corvette on a practice day at puke ..

alfa romeo trofeo series new zealand, video site .
http://alfa-racing.blip.tv/

Last edited by veloce sprint; 01-08-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode