LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up 2 Berlinas Alfas on TM !

Anyone got 30K for either of these guys

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-170394075.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-170392948.htm

That Sedan looks so nice , haven't seen pictures of the 4 door version before

1991 33 1.5 ie - dead :-(
1989 75 TS - Alive :-) - Down to 1 flashing light on the ARC !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 PM

The Sprint is lovely isn't it!! Just wish I had the $$$$ that straight six would be gorgeous, there was another 2600 Sprint on TMe a few months ago I think down in ChCh, a dark brown colour, for around 40k IIRC

Anyway lovely cars....up to the point something unique to that model broke

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 TS manual 1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 manual
80salfa.wordpress.com
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:20 AM

The brown 2600 Sprint is still for sale in ChCh with a classic car dealer who goes over to Australia for the winter. This is where that Sprint came from, low km`s and has a lovely patina to it and in the steel the Borrani wires suit it. I`m still chewing it over but they are a grande tourer for a gentleman rather than a sports car- an alternative to a Lancia Flaminia, or Mercedes 280 SL or even a Maserati.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Giulietta < `84 GTV6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 08:44 PM

I was a little intrigued by the posting re the 2600 Berlina noting that he thought it there may only be 3-4 RHD cars left in the world. Who knows for sure but I do recall seeing a posting on the AROCA South Australian web site where there was this guy restoring both a 2600 sedan and coupe.

In addition re the brown 2600 on Borannis, I am wondering given the Aussie connection if this car came over to NZ from Australia. There was such a 2600 sprint with those specs in Melbourne a year to ago for sale on e-bay and in Unique Cars mag. If it is the one, I have a magazine article on it from some years ago. The owner at that time had 3 sprints.

I have a mate with two 2600s Sprints one for resto and one which I believe is ok. Wouldn't mind liberating the resto one from him but alas no $$$ and too many projects to finish already. Dave
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 09:50 PM

The brown 2600 did come from Aus. When the 2600 Berlina I thought very seriously about it, there probably are only 3-4 RHD cars, the styling is a bit unusual, interior looks nice, its probably a nice cruising car and you could never properly restore any nice old car for that amount.
Then I thought about the red Guilia Berlina thats been for sale for a long time, nicer looking ( depending on taste ) nice interior, much much more practical, better to drive, my understanding is not many 2600's were sold because they were expensive but also not great cars even if the engines were bullet-proof.
An Alfa Guilia Berlina is an unusual car, as an Alfisti I understand the lure of the much more unusual ( also the grey leather interior which looks lovely ) but the average person couldn't tell the difference .
Regardless of price the 2000 Berlina would have to be the more appealling.
Of course I have too many cars and am resisting the urge to go and have a look at it but who knows?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 10:49 PM

I had wondered Hans-Peter, since I didn't think that there could be many like it. If I recall from the article I have it was a really nice original car. I don't have any experience with 2600s so I probably can't comment. Mind you, given that it was always meant as a fast cross continent Gt rather than a sports car if you had a good one, which had been well maintained it would make a nice and affordable alternative to the classic Ferraris and Maseratis of the period. Albeit at a lower entry price.

re the 2600 sedan, hmn yes, nice, different but ultimately not for my tastes. Possibly in the same context to the Fiat 2300 sedan. I have a Giulia Super which I have been restoring for a number of years, with a full conolly leather interior. Rebuilt gearbox, major rust removal etc etc. Still so much more work to do.

I also have a 1750 GTV series 1. Both of these 105s are easier to live with on all accounts. I only replaced the GTV late last year with a 156 JTS Sportwagon as my daily driver, the GTV having been my only driver for the past 11 years, and that had replaced the 2L Berlina which had been my previous daily driver for a number of years. Mind you, I really would like to find a nice, unrusty (well I am hoping) 1750 Berlina to add to the stable, as I have always had a soft spot for these. Cheers
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 11:28 PM

Super1600 ,that brown 2600 coupe on Borranis is from Australia and is currently for sale in Christchurch via a local classic car dealer/art dealer. I am considering the car after looking at it, but at the moment Paul Salt the dealer is away wintering over in Queensland. I would appreciate reference to any articles etc that I can look up.
Out of interest what was the price over in Australia? It is extremely tidy and has a nice patina to it , not restored to better than new (over the top) and the Borranis look good in the steel-take the badges off and you`d swear it was a Maserati-in fact I had a friend ask whether I`d seen "that `60`s Maserati for sale in Tuam Street".
I`ve not yet driven it and of course already have too many cars but both of my Mercedes are to go(anyone want an E280 or a C200-both super tidy), and one of the 116 GTV`s so maybe I`ll own a 2600.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV , `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Giulietta, `84 GTV6.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 11:52 PM

Hi Richard

As I mentioned in my last e-mail I had wondered. I might even see if I can make the time to check the car out (for interest sake, I can't afford it) when I come over to Christchurch next Friday. We are comming over for a week of skiing in Queenstown but do have a little time in CC.

I will check the reference article I have but I think it was a feature article in an Australian Magazine called Australian Classic Cars or something similar. I can't quite remember when the article was published but I would have thought the early to mid '90's. If I can find the magazine I would be happy to photocopy and post it to you for your information. My private e-mail address is [email protected] if you wish to send me your details.

It sure sounds as if it is still in nice condition. That is good to hear. I think but don't quote me but when I last saw it for sale on E-Bay it was around $25-30K AUD.

I know what you mean re the reference to it looking like a '60s Maserati. Too true, especially with the lovely bonnet scoop and on Borannis.

Don't let owning too many cars stop you, afterall my brother at last count has over 65 classic cars (German, English and of course Italian) including 5 Fiat 130s !! and he still doesn't think that is too many. I only have 4 ('69 1750 GTV, '69/70 Giulia Super, '03 156 JTS Sportwagon and a '69 AC Fiat 124 sport)!!

Regrettably no 116 Alfettas at the moment but have owned previously both a Gt and a 1.8 sedan. Cheers David
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 12:28 AM

David I`ve posted you an email.
that 2600 is for sale at NZ$40,000. He is shut at moment and think he is away for a few more weeks. Also has a `70`s spider (supercharged) in stock that has tried to put me into.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Giulietta , `84 GTV6.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 03:33 AM

See the cars have dropped in price. Something very different.

I liked the Ferrari 400i he had for sale.

Got my 75 going again today, first time since April

Richard
2015 Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZAlfa75 View Post
See the cars have dropped in price. Something very different.

I liked the Ferrari 400i he had for sale.

Got my 75 going again today, first time since April

He's probably just dropped the start price with a similar reserve, maybe not? Still a lovely car whether its in the 20s or still 30k reserve. My 90 has just packed a sad too, won't start, think it might be the spark plugs fouling up with a lack of use, and I don't really have the motivation at the moment to get stuck into it at the moment

80salfa.wordpress.com
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealfamale View Post
Anyone got 30K for either of these guys

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-170394075.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-170392948.htm

That Sedan looks so nice , haven't seen pictures of the 4 door version before

Pretty substantial price drop on the 2600:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-237594480.htm

NZ22.5K asking.

80salfa.wordpress.com
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 04:22 PM

I just noticed that after getting back home from another business trip. I`ll be going around to have another look.

Richard J
'65 Giulia Ti, '69 GT Junior, 72 Spider, '74 2000 GTV, ,`00 156
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfavirusnz View Post
I just noticed that after getting back home from another business trip. I`ll be going around to have another look.
What a lovely car for that type of money, I hope you buy it Richard as it will be looked after and it will stay in NZ .............. albeit the wrong end of NZ

80salfa.wordpress.com
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 06:54 PM

Reality is I will have to get rid of perhaps a couple of cars just to appease the wife. We are looking also at buying more property so money might be a bit tight -still if there is a will there is usually a way.
My trouble is the idea of owning an exotic Alfa which is a rare car in NZ may be tempered by the reality of driving one. I believe I actually own some of the best cars Alfa made post war and the 2600 ,if you believe road tests, is a bit of a barge, nothing like the big Lancia Flaminia opposition (which were a superior car in every respect). Only thing is I can afford this and it is available now, in my home city, whereas a Lancia Flaminia-I like the Touring Coupe version, is an exotic unaffordable dream.
I`ll drive the thing to see if I like it. What appeals is its an Alfa, its a rare version, and it essentially belongs to another time, a gentlemans` touring car, rather like the Maseratis and big Lancias.

Richard J
'65 Giulia Ti, '69 GT Junior, 72 Spider, '74 2000 GTV, ,`00 156

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode