Ambitious asking price - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
azzaob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 321
That guy with the red Alfetta GTV for 700odd in the Waikato is back in the country soon Nick, looks to be a better buy really - if the rust is as minimal as it looks in the pics.

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 TS manual 1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 manual
80salfa.wordpress.com
azzaob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered User
 
haden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 136
Rust

its really bad...really-I had a mad moment and thought it + the blue one that was on TM thru. the car dealer 6 months back would together make a happy pair-anyway got a string of pics in .pdf format from him and its not great-its original/non messed with but very rusty.
Cheers
haden is offline  
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered User
 
alfettaGTAm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzaob View Post
That guy with the red Alfetta GTV for 700odd in the Waikato is back in the country soon Nick, looks to be a better buy really - if the rust is as minimal as it looks in the pics.
One thing I've learned about Alfas, rust is never as minimal as it looks in the pics. In fact rust is never as minimal as it looks from right beside the car!

I spent $4k getting the rust out of mine and I didn't think it was too bad when I bought it.

Christchurch, NZ.
Alfetta GT twinspark project, Alfasud Ti, 3x164s, 4x156s, 147, 166, plus parts cars.
alfettaGTAm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Registered User
 
thealfamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Auckland,Nz
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzaob View Post
That guy with the red Alfetta GTV for 700odd in the Waikato is back in the country soon Nick, looks to be a better buy really - if the rust is as minimal as it looks in the pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haden View Post
its really bad...really-I had a mad moment and thought it + the blue one that was on TM thru. the car dealer 6 months back would together make a happy pair-anyway got a string of pics in .pdf format from him and its not great-its original/non messed with but very rusty.
Cheers
Yup I have seen the car in person and the rust is everywhere , its been sitting out side in the waikato rain for sometime now I would think though not its not bad as the blue alfetta sedan going for a $100 on arocnz

If the red 2000 from wellington can be purchased with out the l.h.d baggage that would be the best option imo

1991 33 1.5 ie - dead :-(
1989 75 TS - Alive :-) - Down to 1 flashing light on the ARC !
thealfamale is offline  
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
azzaob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealfamale View Post
Yup I have seen the car in person and the rust is everywhere , its been sitting out side in the waikato rain for sometime now
Where else was it [the rust]apart from around the windows/rear windscreen on the red GTV in Ngaruawahia [sp?] Nick?

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 TS manual 1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 manual
80salfa.wordpress.com
azzaob is offline  
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered User
 
thealfamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Auckland,Nz
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzaob View Post
Where else was it [the rust]apart from around the windows/rear windscreen on the red GTV in Ngaruawahia [sp?] Nick?
Round the front windscreen , doors , alongside the roof chrome lining even the GTV vents , didn't have any leaks in the cabin though

I have a PDF which shows a bit more detail but the still doesn't reveal the true extent

Plus according to carfax its been around the clock a few times !

The one in welly looks like a geniune 120k

1991 33 1.5 ie - dead :-(
1989 75 TS - Alive :-) - Down to 1 flashing light on the ARC !
thealfamale is offline  
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
azzaob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealfamale View Post
Round the front windscreen , doors , alongside the roof chrome lining even the GTV vents , didn't have any leaks in the cabin though

I have a PDF which shows a bit more detail but the still doesn't reveal the true extent

Plus according to carfax its been around the clock a few times !

The one in welly looks like a geniune 120k
Hi Nick
Thanks for that, i have the PDF too I think, which yes makes it look not too shabby - just love it in that colour, I am still tempted really even if it means windscreen out etc...

Where abouts around the doors??? Where the sills okay?

Aaron

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 TS manual 1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 manual
80salfa.wordpress.com
azzaob is offline  
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered User
 
thealfamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Auckland,Nz
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzaob View Post
Hi Nick
Thanks for that, i have the PDF too I think, which yes makes it look not too shabby - just love it in that colour, I am still tempted really even if it means windscreen out etc...

Where abouts around the doors??? Where the sills okay?

Aaron
I saw the car about 5-6 months ago but from memory the sills were okay , there was rust coming through alone the bottom of the doors

I was pretty disappointed because it looked like it would take a lot of effort to get rid of all the car cancer and the pictures didn't really show that - though the guy was very honest about the rust

1991 33 1.5 ie - dead :-(
1989 75 TS - Alive :-) - Down to 1 flashing light on the ARC !
thealfamale is offline  
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
azzaob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 321
Were you able to drive it?

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 TS manual 1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 manual
80salfa.wordpress.com
azzaob is offline  
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Registered User
 
thealfamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Auckland,Nz
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzaob View Post
Were you able to drive it?
I wasn't able to get a spare battery and from memory the clutch cylinder was poked anyway

1991 33 1.5 ie - dead :-(
1989 75 TS - Alive :-) - Down to 1 flashing light on the ARC !
thealfamale is offline  
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
azzaob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 321
It is sounding like a basket-case really a pity to see a basically presentable car left to rot to a parts car

Thanks anyway Nick

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 TS manual 1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 manual
80salfa.wordpress.com
azzaob is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome