F1 2016... - Page 12 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #166 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Okay, I'll give Rosberg credit for a near 'flawless-race'...good start...no 'whining'...amassed a big lead...stayed out of trouble & off the barriers. But considering all that Mercedes' domination has me wondering=does anyone think MBenz is cheating???

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam105
But considering all that Mercedes' domination has me wondering=does anyone think MBenz is cheating???
Iīm everything but not a Merc-fan, not a Ros-fan, and surely not a Hammy-fan, but:

NO. Surely not.
post #168 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

So, you're saying that Mercedes is just smarter than everybody else? And it's been 2+ years & nobody has figured it out...there's 'something' going on(?).

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #169 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 01:19 PM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam105 View Post
But considering all that Mercedes' domination has me wondering=does anyone think MBenz is cheating???
I agree with hunttheshunt: "NO. Surely not"

If MBenz were cheating, its competitors would have figured it out long before some Alfa Romeo enthusiasts on the internet. Are you suggesting that the likes of Sergio Marchionne and Christian Horner would keep quiet if they suspected cheating on the part of a competitor?

Jay Mackro
San Juan Capistrano, CA

'63 Guilia spider
'65 Guilia Sprint GT
'67 Duetto
'91 164L

Last edited by Alfajay; 06-19-2016 at 01:23 PM.
post #170 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 01:33 PM

Post race press conference

Europe GP: Race notes - Mercedes - Pitpass.com

Nico said: "The engineers weren't allowed to tell me what I had to do, so I had a look at my steering wheel and tried to fix it myself, which worked out well."

Hammy said: "We have hundreds of different combinations of switch position on the wheel and, no matter how much you study, there's no way to remember them all. I was driving around looking at my screen trying to work out what was wrong - but I couldn't see anything I'd done differently. It's such a complicated, technical formula we have now and I don't really see the benefit in preventing us from being able to fix these things out on track. It was just a real shame that I couldn't race."

Did you once hear from this guy that anything could be his own fault ? Ever ?
post #171 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

@Alfajay:

I agree. I can't see Mercedes cheating, either. I was trying to 'wake-up' some of the F1 fans that, apparently, have forgotten about this thread...either from laziness or boredom.

Regards
post #172 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

@huntstheshunt:

I don't see how you can blame Hamilton for a 'technical-glitch'...granted he does like to whine, but this problem, IMO, wasn't his fault! The crash in Q3 was, tho.

Regards
post #173 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 02:20 PM

I just mean about the difference, how both drivers speak about the same issue. Ros says he started thinking about, while Ham started whining, claiming & blaming about the rules and everything. He never ever says something like "hmm, well, may be I should start thinking about that issue myself because I know my radio engineer isnīt allowed to tell me". He needed 12 laps to get it right ! Why Ros sorted it out quicker ? Because he did think about how he could do it. And not to blame the pit crew instead of no help.

Itīs the same like last week in Montreal: He made a bad start, but his car understeered into Ros. His car, not Ham the car. It was his car going the wrong way, but not his own fault. Like: "No, I didnīt shot this guy, it was my gun."

You never ever hear from him that something could be on his own action. Never. Itīs always something or someone else.

How often did I say already: Heīs bloody quick but behaves like a child. Thatīs what Iīm missing from a real champion to be: A complete driver. Heīs quick, may be the quickest in the last years, but not more and not a real champion.

Last edited by hunttheshunt; 06-19-2016 at 02:28 PM.
post #174 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 03:35 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunttheshunt View Post
No. It's turbocharging.
Please explain. Having built and raced a turbocharged road racing car I find your statement curious.

I thought the course was very interesting. From what we could see it is a beautiful city.

The race was hardly scintillating, there was more excitement on the radios then there was on track.

At this point, Riccardo and Vettel must be wondering what it will take to beat the Mercs in a fair fight.

Big kudos for Perez.

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. Deposit down on another vehicle...stop the madness!!!
post #175 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 06:10 PM

Sorry, this weekend was Le Mans weekend. What a race, very sad end for Toyota. Really, really good streaming app as well, just sat and watched the onboard feed. Real Time, HD, totally reliable, multiple cars. It really made you feel close to the racing. F1 could learn a lot.

Alister
1973 105 GTV (Alfa #6 of 19 owned)
post #176 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsewidower
Please explain. Having built and raced a turbocharged road racing car I find your statement curious.
If these engines would be naturally aspirated, they would need (and use) higher rev levels; as they are turbocharged but canīt be taken to the possible maximum power output by fuel flow rule restrictions. They get volumetric efficiency needed for required power output within flow restrictions without the need of higher rev level. Rules limit max. fuel pressure, max. fuel flow by time and max. fuel quantity by weight.
post #177 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 09:10 AM
Gold Subscriber

So, it's the fuel restriction.
cfv23844 likes this.

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. Deposit down on another vehicle...stop the madness!!!
post #178 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 09:26 AM

No, it's turbocharging.

Same rules, same fuel restriction, but with naturally aspiration would mean higher revs.

With turbocharging there is no need to use the rev limits given by rules.
post #179 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 11:10 AM
Gold Subscriber

And yet, if you rev it higher you make more horsepower. It just takes more fuel.

Good enough.

post #180 of 362 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsewidower View Post
And yet, if you rev it higher you make more horsepower. It just takes more fuel.
With turbocharging you first go up with boost to get more power. Raising revs leads quicker to the limit of supply of the charger. Even if with 2016 F1 rules there wouldnīt be a fuel flow limit they wouldnīt rev 15k to maximize power.

Last edited by hunttheshunt; 06-20-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode