Streets Of Willow - February 8th & 9th - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to argtv7
Camping

Yeah, you can camp there......

Ask the track for the details. There will be a bunch of other AROSC coyotes there, too. A tent might be kind of brutal though........it can get really windy there, and I have seen it snow a time or two....

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Sniady
I've camped out a little more north from Willow springs in early December, wasn't to bad, it got super windy though. I'll have to bring some rope and tie it to the quality GTV bumpers.

Sniady
'how the devil do they do that with a live rear axle?'
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:26 PM

The other issue that is more imprtant than camping, is the dinner on Saturday night. You have NO IDEA just what stories John Morton is going to tell, and you don't want to miss it.

Let me guess, you don't know who John is, or just how he shaped the legacy of the GTA, right?

Tell me that you are not going to miss dinner.....please.........

I am going to find an article and forward it ot you offline.

That should do it.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Dinner

How much is the dinner? Can I pay a late dinner fee at registration?

Sniady
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:37 PM

Dinner

Dinner is at a cheapo Chinese restaurant. Less than $20. It's fun!
post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:41 PM

Question for you Brad:

Do I have to have a second set of harnesses to have an instructor ride along since I'm in the adv time trial group?

Chip Mutza

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:56 PM

Answer......

What idiot instructor wants to get into an advanced time trialer's car without a harness??? Yes, but it is a great leaning tool. See how "more experienced" drivers handle your car. You'll learn form everyone. Get John Morton in your car.........Ever riden with a pro that won the 24 Hours of LeMans (twice), the 12 Hours of Sebring (3 years in a row) the 24 Hours of Daytona, the Trans Am Championship...................trust me, you will learn. Buy (or borrow) passenger side harnesses. You will learn twice as much.

(More Morton credits include ex-factory Ferrari team driver, Porsche factory team driver, ex Indy car driver ((best finish 2nd at Long Beach Grand Prix)) winner of 20 IMSA races, two time national champion, ex-Jaguar Group 44 team driver - won at Riverside Grand Prix......)

Get the harnesses. You CAN borrow them, you know.....
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 06:34 PM

Bummer... that's what I figured. I'll see if I can borrow a set from someone... although everyone I know is going to the school

Time to drill another hole in my car I guess

Chip Mutza

post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 12:24 AM

Hey Brad,

Do you know if the track is going to be open on Friday? I know we've been able to get into the big track Fri night in the past... but what about the streets?

They sell 100 octane unleaded at big willow right? $5/gallon or something like that? How does that work... is there an attendant or is there just a pump I can stick a CC into and get a couple gallons?

See you guys in 4 days

Chip Mutza

post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 12:44 AM

Boo Hoo

Hey guys better take lots of pictures! Wish I was going! Hopefully next year.

Kai Schorr
105.36 : 1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

I'm going strapped

I'm bringing my camera. It can take 60 pictures max. If Simon get's his camera back, and decides to come and support the guy in the tent. The BB will have a huge gallery.

Kai youre guaranteed 60 pictures.

p.s. The BB will have a Streets Of Willow Photo Gallery. So if you snap some pictures and would like to share, email the pictures to Simon.

Sniady
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 01:21 AM

I'm gonna bring the digicam along with 2 or 3 128mb cards to fill up, and I'll have in-car digital video to post too. Stay tuned

Chip Mutza

post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 05:41 PM

Hey Brad,

so is the track going to be open Friday evening?

Chip Mutza

post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 08:48 PM

Yes, you can camp there. You might have to go in thru the big track entrance, though. I know other people camp there, but I never have, so I don't know the particulars. Call the track. They can tell you better than I.

There is a cheapo motel in Rosamond for $35 a night, too.

Are you guys going to the dinner? I spoke to John Morton, and he is bringing a shoebox full of slides of his whole career. It's gona be great! Do you know who John Morton is?

Make a point to introduce yourself to me........I am easy to find. I dont know you, or Shannon, or Snaidy, do I? I guess Snaidy did Intro at Laguna, but so did 35 other people. Are you joinintg us for the track walk at 7:00?? Steve Luftman is bringing doughnuts...

Brad
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 10:05 PM

Thanks Brad. I'm not planning on camping, we're staying at the Desert Inn, but I'd like to drop some stuff off at the track and set up an area in the pits on Friday night.

Shannon & I might be going to dinner... I'll have to talk to her about it. We've gone in the past, but neither of us are huge fans of Chinese food... and we're usually wiped out at the end of the day and just feel like crashing back at the hotel.

I met John Morton at the last driving school, and it was very interesting to hear his stories. I'll make sure to introduce myself at the school... I know who you are, but I don't think you know me. This will be my 5th school and Shannon's 3rd.

We'll try to make it to the trackwalk... it's sooo early, but I'll try to get my butt out of bed on time

See you on Saturday!

Chip Mutza

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode