San Diego Area Impromptu Get-Together; - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

San Diego Area Impromptu Get-Together;

BOY! Everyone's been so quite....

I'll be in San Diego on Saturday 11/6 (in about 2 weeks) for some unrelated business (salon stuff...) I'll buy the 1st round.

I thought that it would be nice to meet those of you that I haven't met yet, or to see those of you that I have not seen since I drove down to Laguna Seca last April!

So I know that Jes Thyssen is down there, so is Chip and Shannon, Nizam, April; Up for a drive? (Yeah-yeah, I know it's 10 hours, but hey! ) Bob Gautier is down there, (he makes the 164 LS A/C control life-time displays...)

Who else? I don't know the city too well, but I will be staying at the Hyatt "Islania" (is that what it's called...?) Somewhere down there, say around 2, 3, 4PM? What works? Who's in?

(I'll be the guy in the rental.....)

Full-Race 6-Speed Getrag 3.7 Litre 24v Milano; 1993 155 TS 2.0; 1999 24 Valve 3.0 916 GTV; 1995 164Q; 1987 Milano Verde; 1966 GTV Stepnose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 04:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Hit an Apex
Hey there,
Do you think instead of posting this in 3 different forums maybe you could post it in the forum thats called, Anything about Alfa Romeos and AlfaBB.com, which everyone reads, or how about "Events'. And how come its only in the GTV6/Milano/164 Forums? Are 4 cylinder owners not invited? Are 8 cylinder owners not invited?
/Thread.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Hey-hey now!

Oh Lord! Here we go again… Should I…? Should I take the bait? Let me see. OK. I’ll bite:

I get OT posts INSIDE of my posts ALL OF THE TIME! – Figured that a friendly invite for a "first round on me" while I am in town would be met with a bit more hospitality for a visitor to the… (…“what” State is California again…?)

Any way, I for one DON'T always read the other “general” pages, so it's specifically because I DID NOT want to exclude anyone here, that I decided to post it in the 164/Milano/GTV6 pages - so that you are all SURE to see it.

-Besides, those are the cars that I own. Those are the people that I mostly know and interact with. Those models capture almost 90% of the Alfa Romeo owners out there (since most of us own more than one AR.)

No, not one person here is excluded.

Are you in San Diego? Are you coming?

Full-Race 6-Speed Getrag 3.7 Litre 24v Milano; 1993 155 TS 2.0; 1999 24 Valve 3.0 916 GTV; 1995 164Q; 1987 Milano Verde; 1966 GTV Stepnose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejustice
Oh Lord! Here we go again… Should I…? Should I take the bait? Let me see. OK. I’ll bite:

I get OT posts INSIDE of my posts ALL OF THE TIME! – Figured that a friendly invite for a "first round on me" while I am in town would be met with a bit more hospitality for a visitor to the… (…“what” State is California again…?)

Any way, I for one DON'T always read the other “general” pages, so it's specifically because I DID NOT want to exclude anyone here, that I decided to post it in the 164/Milano/GTV6 pages - so that you are all SURE to see it.

-Besides, those are the cars that I own. Those are the people that I mostly know and interact with. Those models capture almost 90% of the Alfa Romeo owners out there (since most of us own more than one AR.)

No, not one person here is excluded.

Are you in San Diego? Are you coming?
Me in San Diego has absolutely nothing to do with my point, at all. The fact of the matter is you are spamming the forums with useless junk about you buying someone with another Alfa a drink in San Diego one of these coming weekends. Here is a reminder, not everyone lives on the west coast. Theres a reason the events forum has the subtitle, 'Post upcoming events, gatherings, swap meets, shows, etc". I might as well post a new thread here daily saying "DRIVING TO SCHOOL TOMORROW MORNING, WILL BUY SOMEONE WITH AN ALFA BREAKFAST AT DELI ON MAIN STREET." The point of the matter is, wrong forum.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Where are the moderators...?

I make it a point not to get involved in more than one controversy per month (in fact, I try to avoid them all together.) At the same time, here I am embroiled in no less than TWO in as many weeks. (I know that I am just giving you more fodder for your limp cannon, but this is just too easy...)

Was my "useless junk post" REALLY any skin off of your nose? - Think you could maybe just have RSVPd or ignored it? Nope. That would not be antagonistic enough for you now, would it?

When the SoCal club had their annual Laguna Seca track event and they wanted to get a social photo-op of Milano cars together, it was posted here. Not under the "Events" forum, not in the "All Things Alfa" forum, it was posted here. (Undoubtedly so that those people to whom the information was relevant, would easily see it..)

I did notice that there is also a "Suggestions" forum however; I'll X-Post my suggestion here for our collective benefit: Can the BB maybe start to "card" all members?

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 06:47 PM

Dang JJ, I will miss you by one week. I will be at the Grand Hyatt which is down near the Star of India sailing ship the very next weekend. Oh well
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I make it a point not to get involved in more than one controversy per month (in fact, I try to avoid them all together.) At the same time, here I am embroiled in no less than TWO in as many weeks. (I know that I am just giving you more fodder for your limp cannon, but this is just too easy...)
Not my problem you're an imbecile..

Quote:
Was my "useless junk post" REALLY any skin off of your nose? - Think you could maybe just have RSVPd or ignored it? Nope. That would not be antagonistic enough for you now, would it?
Actually it was some skin off my nose, it is cluttering up the MILANO/75 forum! I don't need to see some crap about a San Diego Area Impromptu Get-Together on the Milano Technical Forum in case you haven't realized its not the I'm alone on a Saturday night forum..

Quote:
When the SoCal club had their annual Laguna Seca track event and they wanted to get a social photo-op of Milano cars together, it was posted here. Not under the "Events" forum, not in the "All Things Alfa" forum, it was posted here. (Undoubtedly so that those people to whom the information was relevant, would easily see it..)
That is Milano related, we PROBABLY discussed and conversed about what they had done to their respective rides. Wheels, suspension setups, how cool a bunch of Milanos look together in a photo.

Quote:
I did notice that there is also a "Suggestions" forum however; I'll X-Post my suggestion here for our collective benefit: Can the BB maybe start to "card" all members?
That's a good suggestion, unfortunately no one here gives a ####.

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 07:37 PM

OH MAN ITS ON AGIAN!!!!!!!

This is gonna be a good one, i can feel it!
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 07:54 PM

Monty, PLEASE.....
Attached Images

92 Spider Veloce
71 TwinSpark Spider - Soon to be 4 Sale
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 07:59 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Boy, you guys are more fun than a barrel of monkeys!!!

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 08:13 PM

Seems like we went through this only last week.

I wish the GTV6 forum was this lively. ****!
Attached Images

post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 08:13 PM

Junglejustice maybe you should just go back to South Africa, and stop sending me threatening email messages.

Paradiso should take a walk back to the Spider forum!

Last edited by Hit an Apex; 10-20-2004 at 08:25 PM. Reason: its marijuana awareness day!
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 08:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Can't we play nice?

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Somebody PLEEEZE!

Give this kid his blanky and put him to bed....

Keep this up and the only participants left on this forum will be a couple of kids talking about their uncle's hey-day at NHRA and how you can crank 5000 horsepower from a 2.5 Milano with 80 pounds of boost...

Greg, thanks for the sentiments.

post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 09:18 PM

JJ was going to discus some trick Milano intake setup. So it could have been relevant. Why the need to be so hostile? Geez!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode