Milano corner lights - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Milano corner lights

So, I noticed today my corner lights are so ugly. The actual housing is tan color. I feel if I painted them white, they would stand out more, which would also be ugly.
Anybody ever restore these or make them look more matching the headlight housing? As opposed to just buying new ones, there's nothing wrong with these so I figured I'd try to save them.

What I'm guessing are euro style corner lights, I've seen some milano/75's with a slight smoked color in the lens, but that's just the lens. I can't figure a color that would closely match.

Maybe it's just me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 02:50 PM

Very common issue. They get pretty heavily oxidized. You could try bringing them back with one of those headlamp restoration kits sold at any auto parts store, but usually the plastic gets so brittle that they'l crack if you put too much pressure on them. I tried to pull a pair from a parts car once, and they just crumbled in my hand.

They turn up every so often on eBay and I think Centerline occasionally has them in stock. They're expensive for what they are, though. Euro versions are orange, I believe.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:28 AM

Centerline has them in stock now, it looks like they are $36.40 a piece. If I remember correctly, you have to drill holes to install them unless you have the Euro-spec headlights.

Car looking pretty neat with the white rims!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 06:13 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to DOM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDmilano88 View Post
So, I noticed today my corner lights are so ugly. The actual housing is tan color. I feel if I painted them white, they would stand out more, which would also be ugly.

Anybody ever restore these or make them look more matching the headlight housing? As opposed to just buying new ones, there's nothing wrong with these so I figured I'd try to save them.

What I'm guessing are euro style corner lights, I've seen some milano/75's with a slight smoked color in the lens, but that's just the lens. I can't figure a color that would closely match.

Maybe it's just me.

What are those rims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOM! 1987 Milano Verde 1983 GTV6
2017 VW GTI SE 2003 Ducati 999 1992 BMW K1100RS
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Well my lens actually are pretty clean and clear. I'm talking about the inside part of the housing being tan color. I wish it looked more reflective like the headlight housing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM! View Post
What are those rims?
ESM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode