An SZ in the USA. Will someone buy it? - Page 16 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #226 of 257 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
The one linked in post 224 in FLorida has always been priced very high, if that is the one you are referring to davbert. I've not seen one in the 20-50's range here. Mine was about the 4th or 5th in the US. March 2016, but bought 10 monhts earlier but just couldn't import yet (>25 y/o).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 257 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Some similar design elements with the race-prepped 155. But it's FWD.
Attached Images

post #228 of 257 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 04:19 PM

Anfanuts - that's a great picture, or rendering from a game. But the original 155 DTM racecars ran centerlock wheels, and were AWD during their career in the DTM.

The British Touring Car [BTCC] 155s were, as you say, FWD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #229 of 257 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
The one linked in post 224 in FLorida has always been priced very high, if that is the one you are referring to davbert. I've not seen one in the 20-50's range here. Mine was about the 4th or 5th in the US. March 2016, but bought 10 monhts earlier but just couldn't import yet (>25 y/o).
hey you go... back in dec 2010

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa...s30-coupe.html
post #230 of 257 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 01:40 AM

i wonder where that car is at now? great deal but then again everything was a great deal 7 yrs ago :-)
Anfanuts likes this.
post #231 of 257 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 07:24 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
SZ's in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbert View Post
i wonder where that car is at now? great deal but then again everything was a great deal 7 yrs ago :-)
Thanks for sharing that thread on SZ's. In 2010 is would have been very special to import one as the first did not become "legal" until 25 y/o in 2014-16. It seems to show the state of Japanese SZ market even back in 2010 was soft. It must have softened even more if EuroClassix can buy and import SZ's and sell them at the prices they are and still make a profit. I assure you Euro SZ's are not this low unless very high-mileage worn out cars.

I could not find a VIN or Car# reference to that car and the picture link was not functional so I don't know what car it is, do you?

Thanks for sharing. Interested parties would benefit from reading that thread: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa...s30-coupe.html

BTW. I am keeping a US SZ Registry working closely with Ed in Belgium to sus out new cars and cars FS here. If any SZ owners what to share info, I'd be glad to share the US register. A small group also shares pertinent car info. It's a pretty tight-lipped crowd though. One guy does sound off on BAT occasionally, a Houston owner.

BTW2. Euro Classix has another one on the water as we speak headed this way besides three for sale here now.

Last edited by Anfanuts; 12-12-2017 at 11:15 AM.
post #232 of 257 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 11:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to pgicante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Thanks for sharing that thread on SZ's. In 2010 is would have been very special to import one as the first did not become "legal" until 25 y/o in 2014-16. It seems to show the state of Japanese SZ market even back in 2010 was soft. It must have softened even more if EuroClassix can buy and import SZ's and sell them at the prices they are and still make a profit. I assure you Euro SZ's are not this low unless very high-mileage worn out cars.

I could not find a VIN or Car# reference to that car and the picture link was not functional so I don't know what car it is, do you?

Thanks for sharing. Interested parties would benefit from reading that thread: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa...s30-coupe.html

BTW. I am keeping a US SZ Registry working closely with Ed in Belgium to sus out new cars and cars FS here. If any SZ owners what to share info, I'd be glad to share the US register. A small group also shares pertinent car info. It's a pretty tight-lipped crowd though. One guy does sound off on BAT occasionally, a Houston owner.

BTW2. Euro Classix has another one on the water as we speak headed this way besides three for sale here now.

If you want to include Canada owners in your registry more than happy. It would be good to have some additional resources / people on this side of the Atlantic to converse with. I have trying to source a replacement interior door handle surround (passenger side) since Feb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Gray"][B]Phil Gicante[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]London, ON, Canada[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][B]Current[/B]
1990 SZ - #118
1971 Jr Zagato 1300 - AR1800701
[B]Past[/B]
1970 GTJr
1989 Milano Verde
1988 Milano Gold[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
post #233 of 257 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 10:05 AM

Garage
Hello PCigante,

the interior door handle is probably from an early Fiat Tipo or Tempra (see partsbin page on Eduards website).

You could buy it on for instance ebay but please check if it is the same. The handle itself looks pretty much the same to me but I do not know of the rest of the part is the same. If not you could probably swapt the handle to your unit.

FIAT TIPO - TEMPRA/ MANIGLIA PORTA A. DX/ HANDLE DOOR | eBay

BTW Alfanut, Eduard is from the Netherlands, not from Belgium.

greetings,

Robin (SZ build number 109)
post #234 of 257 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
@pgicante - of course could expand to NA. And share back in return. But like I said, most are NOT Alfisti and most are pretty tight-lipped.
@robin - Monfort, I knew that. OK.
post #235 of 257 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 05:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to pgicante
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Hello PCigante,

the interior door handle is probably from an early Fiat Tipo or Tempra (see partsbin page on Eduards website).

You could buy it on for instance ebay but please check if it is the same. The handle itself looks pretty much the same to me but I do not know of the rest of the part is the same. If not you could probably swapt the handle to your unit.

FIAT TIPO - TEMPRA/ MANIGLIA PORTA A. DX/ HANDLE DOOR | eBay

Robin (SZ build number 109)

Robin,

Thanks - I watch eBay regularly. What I actually need is the interior trim / surround piece that goes around the door handle. This is much harder to track down. Every eBay seller I have followed up with indicates they only have the handle itself. I was able to get a complete handle/trim for the driverís side (sinistra) from a FIAT vendor in the UK and he will be trying to get me the passengerís side when he heads back to Italy in February

Regards,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Gray"][B]Phil Gicante[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]London, ON, Canada[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][B]Current[/B]
1990 SZ - #118
1971 Jr Zagato 1300 - AR1800701
[B]Past[/B]
1970 GTJr
1989 Milano Verde
1988 Milano Gold[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
post #236 of 257 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Car #160 snuck in under the public radar and is in the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville TN now. That makes about 18 plus the yellow RZ.
post #237 of 257 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
The yellow RZ was sold to Australia. An new modified SZ, #401 (SN440) made it in to EuroClassix. That's about #20 in the US now. Some may have snuck in below the radar. Euro Classix - Classic Italian cars?vintage Fiats, Alfa Romeos, Lancia for sale:: 1991 ALFA ROMEO SZ (ECC-086)

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 03-21-2018 at 12:29 PM.
post #238 of 257 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 03:11 PM

The car at Euro Classix is not on the original 16'' wheels.. I believe they are 18'' ones.

I wonder why they took the pictures with the suspension on 'high'... but then again
the boot (trunk) shows no sign of the hydraulic suspension lifting/lowering pump so maybe it has been removed.

Alfa SZ
BMW M3
post #239 of 257 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 04:33 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
This will be an interesting sale to watch because the car is so far from stock.

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
)(
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 03-20-2018 at 10:27 PM.
post #240 of 257 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 11:38 AM

Garage
modified SZ is build number #401

To AlfaSZ, for your list, the modified ex-Japanese SZ at EuroClassix is build number 401 / chassis number 000440 (not build number 410).

Will indeed be interesting to follow the sales of this very modified car. Very fast and furious stuff and bling bling (see under the hood) to me.

Robin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode