Verde Street, Track, & Restoration - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 10:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ToonRboy Send a message via Skype™ to ToonRboy
Lots of snow here in the greater Chicago area. Nothing to do...

MDmilano88 did you get your tires mounted? I'd like to see how those ESM's turned-out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Currently the car is on all 4 jack stands. Not much is happening here in Maryland. Too cold to work. I have a couple updates I could make but just some boring stuff.

Anyways, I'm looking for either a thicker torsion bar setup or convert to coilovers. I have a 215/45/17 on one of the wheels as a test fit right now. It's a crappy test tire that I had laying around. Plan on running nittos when the time comes.

I'll make some updates soon!
post #63 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 06:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ToonRboy Send a message via Skype™ to ToonRboy
The last couple/three years I have driven mine either on the 31st or on the 1st. Not this year. Vinter came early and has steadily gotten worse. Car is under cover and may stay like that till spring probably. Current weather: 18 below zero, -37 with wind chill. Some folks aren't even going to work (like me)!

So if you're thinking 215's, you should go with 40 series. I think that's the most popular size in a 17 x 7.5-8.0" wheel for these cars. But I think 225/40 will work too if you can find them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Well not much has been happening here. Got a few things done before Maryland really started becoming cold. Most of you guys up north can relate. Takes the motivation right out of ya!

Anyways, since my last update...

I had an old crappy 215/45/17 i got from my work, and threw it on there to see what it would look like. Cant tell if the tires so crappy and wore out or if its the stretch. Ill be running a nice Nitto tire i believe, i may have to run a 225 instead.

I went with a 35mm offset, which fit nicely. I think if i woudlve went with a 20mm offset, it wouldve been too much. For the front i may only have to run a 10 mm spacer to achieve what im after. The rear i cant test fit until the DeDion is back in.

Underneath the rear flairs, giant rust issue.

I started stripping the whole car out. Everything is getting new lines, rust issues taken care of, and complete interior restore.

In the mean time, my friend took some pictures of my S that is for the sale over in the classifies.

Stay tuned

Last edited by AlfaTechMD; 02-19-2014 at 12:17 PM.
post #65 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Duk

Garage
Have you wound the steering to full left lock?

That wheel/tyre combination looks quite large in diameter and the usual online tyre calculator says your 215/45/17 are 25.5mm larger in radius than my 215/45/16s. And even tho I have effectively 5mm more offset than you, there is no way I could fit 215/45/17s.

Slowly Progressing Vortech Supercharged 1990 Alfa Romeo 75 Potenziata. Out of Action Twin-Charged 1988 AW11 MR2. Current Daily Driver, The Glorified Taxi 2006 BF FPV F6 Typhoon.
post #66 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

I don't know why everyone says the 17's will not fit. Once it's lowered down a little bit further, there will be no issues. Plus by the time it's road/track ready the fenders will be fixed of rust, and pulled out a little bit.
post #67 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 10:32 AM

People don't say 17's won't fit, they say particular offsets, widths and tyre sizes will rub. 18" fit no problem, even in 75's riding too low but with boring widths and offsets.
post #68 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Excatly. not bashing what experience anyone has because help is always nice.
post #69 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 11:34 AM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
If you are going to leave that rear wheel arch rust and hide behind the flares, I would do something to treat it or stop it. Maybe cut it off or something?
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #70 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

I've been thinking about either fixing it.
Or
Cutting it out so there's more room for the tire to tuck.
post #71 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 01:33 AM

Cutting it out won't make more room as the flair is more problem than the body. Been under the car painting it with chassis black today and checking it out. Which is why I've seen more stanced 75's without flairs than with. Pity since the idea of flairs is to create more room rather than reduce, IMO. The Alfa flairs are pure cosmetics...
post #72 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Well what I can do is cut the rust, pull the fender out a little bit, which in the end would pull the flair out a little further. I have a ways to go so I'll modify it as I go
post #73 of 199 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

I have a couple spare verde Flairs but only one complete set, so maybe I can fiddle around and make something work.
post #74 of 199 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Ive been absent for a while on my updates. Most of you guys know how the NorthEast is right now, snowy and icy. Too cold in the garage to do anything so ive just been accumulating parts. Just need a few more parts and try to find the time to do everything before the beginning of May.

Picked up a nice 6pt bolt in cage from a member on here. pretty excited about it!

Bought some second hand 33mm torsion bars also from a member here.

The Corbeau harness' i went with are perfect for street/track application. Buckles like a seat belt, 4 pointt stability for the track.

Got the interior pretty well torn down. test fitted my harness bar before i got my cage, doesnt work very well haha. Anyways, minimizing all the accessories in the car. Since im running no interior, im going to make it very clean and hide all the wires the best i can. Once it gets a little warmer i can attempt to repaint the interior and start getting the cage and everything else together.

Ill have more updates soon.

Last edited by AlfaTechMD; 02-19-2014 at 12:20 PM.
post #75 of 199 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 07:50 PM

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Engine in black looks awesome! Your last finishing touch should be to paint the mirrors and front grill red. Check out mine..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode