Rear Brake Adjustment Tip - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:56 AM

Not fun at all!
So is it possible to put down without taking off axle only right part of caliper and lose clip?
How about unceasing clip from the side where comes pads or any other method while caliper is on the axis?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 02:31 PM

svetoklik

Just checked breaking on the both rear wheels.
Hand break works on both wheels so as on the pedal, but on the left one there is slightly less breaking force.
Every four clips on the rear calipers moving so I am asking is it possible to adjust breaking force on the rear wheels by pads clearance or something other is messed up?
There is some delay on the pedal at the beginning of breaking which affect left rear wheel.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:31 AM

Just to be tip for the valves on calipers.

I have removed valve an clean hole with peace of wire and WD40.
It worked with passed test for the brakes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcreek View Post
I adjust mine the same way, but haven't tried gubi's trick. My problem is the adjustment doesn't stay. I've rebuilt the calipers, new rotors and pads.
I have the same thing, have you sorted it out?

On my car, outer adjusters go out in around 50 km.
I have swap pistons that work fine in inner part of the caliper and I get the same problem again with outer pads go back off. Not right away, but after 50 km I can wiggle outer pads with my fingers and hear them clicking in calipers and see a massive gap of 1 mm after 200 km.

I am thinking of remanufactured calipers and have found some brand REMY on ebay and they are for good price but I am afraid that I will get the same thing because how the guy who rebuild them knows will that self adjustment work properly in future when I start driving? Is there a way when they are on the bench to check that?
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 11:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool75 View Post
I have the same thing, have you sorted it out?

On my car, outer adjusters go out in around 50 km.
I have swap pistons that work fine in inner part of the caliper and I get the same problem again with outer pads go back off. Not right away, but after 50 km I can wiggle outer pads with my fingers and hear them clicking in calipers and see a massive gap of 1 mm after 200 km.

I am thinking of remanufactured calipers and have found some brand REMY on ebay and they are for good price but I am afraid that I will get the same thing because how the guy who rebuild them knows will that self adjustment work properly in future when I start driving? Is there a way when they are on the bench to check that?

Odd that you should reply today. LOL. I just adjusted mine again today. Inners were fine. couldn't get a .001" feeler gauge between rotor and pad on those. Outers were loose, but nothing like what you're experiencing. .

It's Giuseppe's giubos, not Guido's guibos, on my 78 Spider and Sport Sedan
REFRESH CONNECTIONS BEFORE REPLACING COMPONENTS
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcreek View Post
Odd that you should reply today. LOL. I just adjusted mine again today. Inners were fine. couldn't get a .001" feeler gauge between rotor and pad on those. Outers were loose, but nothing like what you're experiencing. .
I was thinking maybe the discs are off and they are pushing pistons so I have grind the discs and indeed they ware off center and now the gap is 0.15 after a while but on all 4 pads. Strange. I also did not use handbrake this time.
Maybe the surface on pads and pistons must be very smooth for proper piston self adjustment. If the pistons do little movement around their axis when they self adjust and the surface is not smooth, maybe that can affect.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 08:42 PM

Garage
Brand new rotors and pads. Both calipers need frequent adjustments on the outside "non-handbrake" pistons.

It's Giuseppe's giubos, not Guido's guibos, on my 78 Spider and Sport Sedan
REFRESH CONNECTIONS BEFORE REPLACING COMPONENTS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode