Milano service in DFW? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lokki

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Milano service in DFW?

Hello all,

Just acquired an 87 Milano out of San Diego with nice 3.0 build and digging it!

Needless to say reliable technicians on the vintage alfa's are not too prevalent-

I am aware and have worked with Shadetree by Rockwall--also aware of European Connection on 75.

Any other shops in DFW that you all would be kind enough to recommend that could be entrusted to work on a transaxle Alfa?

Thanks so much in advance!

Adam

Dallas Tx.Currently: 87 Milano platinum 3.0. and 96 Spider 2.0ts. Previously Owned:'79 Alfetta GT,'80 Lancia Zagato, 86 Gtv6, 87 Spider Veloce.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:11 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
@William Langley works on Alfas as a hobby. I'm not sure where he lives in the DFW area. You could PM him and have a chat.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:06 AM

No personal experience, but have heard good references for:

https://www.shadetreeenginetrics.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitivene View Post
No personal experience, but have heard good references for:

https://www.shadetreeenginetrics.com/
Indeed familiar with shadetree as noted.
I'll see if I can contact William.
thanks to you both!
Any other options anyone is aware of for dfw service?

Dallas Tx.Currently: 87 Milano platinum 3.0. and 96 Spider 2.0ts. Previously Owned:'79 Alfetta GT,'80 Lancia Zagato, 86 Gtv6, 87 Spider Veloce.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Other than shadetree...
Anyone else?
That much of a rarity in Dallas?

Thanks

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamreed31 View Post
Other than shadetree...
Anyone else?
That much of a rarity in Dallas?

Thanks
I don't know anything about them, but Euro Connection on Central Expressway north of Royal claims to work on old Alfas. I take my car to Shade Tree.

Rich

'85 Spider Veloce
'17 Giulia Ti Sport
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you Rich for you input.
Indeed as initially noted I am aware of Shade tree and Euro Connection.
I guess this is just another reminder of the niche nature of our cars and we are not in a car hotspot like California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloboy89 View Post
I don't know anything about them, but Euro Connection on Central Expressway north of Royal claims to work on old Alfas. I take my car to Shade Tree.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:43 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
You might call Vick in Fort Worth. They are pretty much Fiat people these days but some years ago they did some Alfa work; if they don’t do the work themselves any more, they might at least know someone. I use Robert at Shadetree for my 105, but I think he has sworn off working on Milanos as you already know.

I see you’re in the Dallas area. If you’re not already a member, you might contact the ICCNT (Italian Car Club Of North Texas). I am pretty sure that at least one member drives a Milano, and so they might be able to help you out.

http://iccsw.com/home.htm

Good luck!

Lokki
jeffb99tx likes this.

71 Spider
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:50 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokki View Post
You might call Vick in Fort Worth. They are pretty much Fiat people these days but some years ago they did some Alfa work; if they don’t do the work themselves any more, they might at least know someone. I use Robert at Shadetree for my 105, but I think he has sworn off working on Milanos as you already know. http://iccsw.com/home.htm
Also note that Vick has moved from Fort Worth to Cleburne. Found that out the hard way after driving over to find a note on the door of the closed Fort Worth office.

Rich

'85 Spider Veloce
'17 Giulia Ti Sport
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Lokki/Rich thank you again for your input!
Indeed Vick is out of the Alfa service game but I'll reach out and pick his brain. Just bought a part from them recently and did not think to ask again....
I had a former Vick employee do a gtv6 head gasket for me years ago but he as well does not prefer to wrench on others cars any longer.

haha!
I did not know Robert at Shade tree does not like Milano's!
He is a very competent and experienced mechanic however, he can just pick and choose his work at this point and I don't blame him.

Lokki the ICCSW is a good thought- I'll reach out and scope them out as well.

Rich I did not know Vick moved either but I'm not surprised if they don't need the shop facilities any longer.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:08 PM

Garage
I realize this is a long shot, but I visited the Alfa dealer on Mockingbird Lane a few months ago and got to talking to the manager. He saw my 164 and said that he had a mechanic on staff who was good with the older Alfas and was trying to get my service business. You could always stop by and talk with them about their service skills on a Milano. Richard Cross, the head of the Lone Star chapter of AROC has a Milano but I believe he uses Robert for the hard work.

Good luck,

Jeff B.
Dallas, TX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode