2Likes
  • 1 Post By MidlifeGTV
  • 1 Post By Dbaliko

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Newbie in the DFW area

Hi,
I have been lurking here, on eBay, and on BAT, following recent sales and comments on series 2 and 3 spiders. Iím looking for a really nice driver. Itís for weekends, weekend car shows, etc. Just a car to have some fun with. I plan on joining the Lone Star chapter very soon.

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 07:48 AM

Garage
Hello Doug.
I thought i might reach out to you as a local Alfa Guy. I Work in Flower Mound and live in Grapevine. Im not sure if you have found a car or are involved in the local scene as i see your post is from 7-28. I am a member of a local car club that you might like. Its called The Italian Car Club of the Southwest (now North Texas). For me having others sharing the Alfa Passion makes the experience much more rewarding.
Hope all is going well, Happy holidays to you.
Michael

1973 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000
http://www.staceyburnsmemorial.com/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidlifeGTV View Post
Hello Doug.
I thought i might reach out to you as a local Alfa Guy. I Work in Flower Mound and live in Grapevine. Im not sure if you have found a car or are involved in the local scene as i see your post is from 7-28. I am a member of a local car club that you might like. Its called The Italian Car Club of the Southwest (now North Texas). For me having others sharing the Alfa Passion makes the experience much more rewarding.
Hope all is going well, Happy holidays to you.
Michael
Hi Michael,
Thanks for reaching out. I bought a 1989 Spider Quadrifoglio with 23,000 Miles back in August. I did join the Italian Car Club and actually took my car to the show in Grapevine, and endured the rain. However, besides the car show, I haven’t been active in the club. Although, I have had several email exchanges with Bob recently regarding the changes happening within the club. So I am interested in becoming more active. Other than that I don’t know anything about the local Alfa scene. But I’m happy to hear that there might be one! I’m very interested in getting to know more Alfa owners. Maybe you can point me in the right direction? Thanks again for reaching out to me. Have a great holiday!

Doug

Doug
1989 Spider Quadrifoglio S3 (Black)

Last edited by Dbaliko; 12-19-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 08:13 AM

Garage
Wow Doug your Quad is Spectacular!!! Nicest interior i have ever seen and i am not partial to the monopod look but yours with the red carpet and steering wheel is as nice as they come.
I have really enjoyed the club but it really is a friend i made through the club that has made all the difference. There are so many car shows and events that if you want to something car related you could almost every weekend. But you need to know about them of course. I have young kids so i can only do so much. That being said, i will try and pass along anything interesting that comes along.
The club is changing for the good. No more boring 'meetings' just car gatherings and car activities.
Are you still working or retired? if your schedule permits you should bring it over to my golf course some nice day. I am the Golf course Superintendent at Bridlewood. I will bring my car (December in the new Calendar) and we can talk cars.
Best,
Michael
Dbaliko likes this.

1973 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000
http://www.staceyburnsmemorial.com/
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidlifeGTV View Post
Wow Doug your Quad is Spectacular!!! Nicest interior i have ever seen and i am not partial to the monopod look but yours with the red carpet and steering wheel is as nice as they come.
I have really enjoyed the club but it really is a friend i made through the club that has made all the difference. There are so many car shows and events that if you want to something car related you could almost every weekend. But you need to know about them of course. I have young kids so i can only do so much. That being said, i will try and pass along anything interesting that comes along.
The club is changing for the good. No more boring 'meetings' just car gatherings and car activities.
Are you still working or retired? if your schedule permits you should bring it over to my golf course some nice day. I am the Golf course Superintendent at Bridlewood. I will bring my car (December in the new Calendar) and we can talk cars.
Best,
Michael
What a small world that we live in. I live in Bridlewood. Im just minutes away from the golf course. I’m still working, but my kids are grown and out of the house, and thankfully on their own. Thanks for the compliments regarding my car. I’m looking forward to seeing your GTV. I’ll PM you my cell and email. Please let me know when there are Alfa related events happening.

Doug
MidlifeGTV likes this.

Doug
1989 Spider Quadrifoglio S3 (Black)

Last edited by Dbaliko; 12-20-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode