The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America invites you to a fun drive in the country in Wise County, Texas. We give you a map and a list of questions to be answered by visiting specific locations on the map. With this year’s theme, locations to be visited are vineyards, wineries, cemeteries and other fun places. You determine your route, go to each location, and answer a question that verifies you have been there. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. Any vehicle with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Speed is not a factor.
• Rally Day: Saturday, August 18, 2018
• Registration and Starting Place: The Horny Toad Café & Bar, 5812 I-35, Denton, TX 76207 (in Stonehill Center). Registration/check-in from 9:30-10:00 am
• After conducting an odometer calibration run, you will receive your maps and instructions for locating seventeen locations in Wise County that you have to visit.
• Take 30 minutes to determine your route from maps provided, then set out to complete your chosen route.
• Route: You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Depending on your chosen route, you may encounter stretches of unpaved road, though we think that the shortest-distance route will be all paved.
• Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 3½ hours in time
• Finish: Catfish O’Harlie’s, 2019 US-287, Decatur, TX 76234.
• Rally Master: John Poulos.
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a few days in advance. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
For additional details and to pre-register, follow this link to MotorsportReg.com: 2018 DFW Shortest Distance Map Rally info on Aug 18, 2018 (298837) | MotorsportReg.com