Selling 1969 - 1750 Spider Veloce Round Tail - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Selling 1969 - 1750 Spider Veloce Round Tail

Good evening everyone - I have had this car in my possession for over 10 years as I inherited when my father passed. I rarely get to drive it due to my schedule and it pretty much sits in my garage 90% of the time. I have taken it to Robert Rogers with Shade Tree to get work done on it - I feel comfortable that he has led me in the right direction of keeping it up mechanically. I am sure that most of you know his quality of work in the DFW area. I originally posted on the main forum for guidance and it was suggested that I should also post on the Dallas forum.

A little history on this Alfa - My dad was in the Army and bought this when he was stationed in Panama and had it shipped there is my understanding. It was in El Paso for over 30 years, when he passed my mother tried to have it restored in El Paso but they didn't know what they were doing so I went through several mechanics until I finally found a true "Alfa" guru in Nevada, Texas. I have had this in my possession for over 10 years but with the Texas heat I really have only been able to enjoy it in the Spring and Fall and I hate that it just sits in the garage. I know many want to know how much I am asking but I still don't have a true barometer of the value.

Here are the links to view some pictures I have taken myself to get a gauge of interest before I post it nationally. I am in no hurry to sell and would like to find the right buyer who would appreciates this car and not trying to lowball me on a price. if you are interested and would like to come and see and drive it - please PM me. I am out of town this week on business travel returning on Thursday afternoon.

the only issues that I know of right now is it grinds a little from 1st to 2nd gear, and not being a mechanic my guess is the clutch needs adjusting but that is just my guess. The soft top also is torn at the seams just behind the drivers side, and it has some minor paint blemishes. I feel it is rust free but you are welcome to inspect it. It also comes with the factory hardtop. I am told this is a Euro from the "10557" plate on the firewall indicates it is a non-US car (US models were "10562"). The speedometer looks like it has been replaced but their other gauges are euro.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...WM&usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxG...FGaERRbEE/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxG...h0SVZ4ZUE/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxG...hTcXlTb0k/view

Last edited by funugy; 07-24-2016 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Bad links to pictures and then lost text
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 06:45 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
You have a pretty nice looking car. Mechanical issues are easy to fix and not so expensive compared to body work. A sound body and few mechanical issues are not that big of a deal. a 2nd gear crunch is very common. Most of us accept that. Don't let any low ballers take advantage of you.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 07:51 AM

Garage
Timing is everything. I have a buddy who was looking for a Duetto in Dallas until he recently bought a sweet 71.
I would love to keep it in the area. Bring it to Italian CarFest in Grapevine in September if you haven't sold it. Lots of potential buyers walking around.
GLWTS.
Michael

1973 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000
http://www.staceyburnsmemorial.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode