Alfa service in Texas? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Alfa service in Texas?

I posted this in the main forum but this is probably the best place for it. anybody use italian motor service in austin? i need some work on my car but cant' find a place in houston to do it. i heard ims recently moved - sounded like a major shakeup. whats the deal on that?

thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 09:03 AM

Look up Garcia Alfa Racoing in Houston. One of our club members works there. My only experience with them has been good. Andrew overnighted a rear main seal to me when I was stranded in Ogden, UT. They are geared towards racing, but I believe the bread and butter is from daily drivers.

HOP

Alfa Hopper
DSARC- Raymond, MS
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Gold Subscriber

There are two knowledgeable Alfa shops in Houston: Garcia Alfa Racing 713 661-9229 and Orion Auto Service 713 426-2299.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to CWSandifer
Orion Auto and TX Alfa Service

I just left Houston for Chicago - don't ask, trying to get back - however, Orion took care of my '91 Spider for 4 years. Marlon is good with the alfas and reasonably priced. His dad is still active and has done some ground up restorations. I would recommend them. My Spider has been a daily driver since '93 and is running fine. The only ones to have worked on it are Marlon at Orion, Reed at Basically Italian in Dallas and Metro Collision for body work (took down to metal and brought the exterior back). I highly recommend all of these folks.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 12:07 PM

Garage
Hi CWSandifer,

I read your post and was wondering where the body repair shop you are referring to is located. Are they in the Dallas area? I have an older Fiat spider that needs some bodywork and I am always trying to keep tabs on shops with experience on our Italian loved ones.

Thanks,

Jeff
Dallas, Texas

1999 Mercury Mystique (wife's car)
1994 Alfa Romeo 164 LS
1977 Fiat 124 spider
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 PM

Garage
pasta-friendly shops in DFW area

Jeff--
Give Robert and/or Cindy Rodgers @ Shade Tree Enginetrics a call for all things Fiat-- (most things Alfa too!). They have the local graveyard for used Fiat or Alfa parts and they do repair, some light restoration, as well as vintage race prep. and support. Actually they aren't exactly local-- their business is located in Nevada, TX. but it's a pleasant drive, and usually well worth it. That's out in the country about 45 min. east of downtown Dallas. Robert is currently generally accepted as THE Fiat guy in Dallas. Vick AutoSport in Ft. Worth has service and used parts as well for Alfa and Fiat. Either place would probably be a good resource for recommendations on body work in the metroplex. Shade Tree: 972-771-0804, Vick AutoSport: 817-483-9933, 817-572-7793.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 05:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to CWSandifer
Jeff - unfortunately Metropolitan Collision is in Houston as is Orion. However if you want to check them out, they are on W 16th St. west of Shepard in the Houston Heights.
Chip
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 04:29 PM

I can vouch for both Vick and Shadetree. I suspect Vick's prices will be a lot better. If it's mechanical work....and I may be biased here but I think my dad is the best, and definatly the lowest cost. However we are located an hour out of the metroplex and my dad works slow. You would have to leave the car with us for a few days for anything more then a tune up.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 10:55 AM

Garage
Hi Everyone,

My Fiat has some rust spots below one of the taillights, and possibly in the sills (imagine that), a few door dings, and needs a new paint job. I use Robert and Cindy for all my mechanical work and Robert could probably also do some minor body work but I wanted to see if anyone knows of a Dallas area body shop that has experience with Fiat's and Alfa's. I will also consult Robert and Cindy when the time comes, but this will most likely be a 2006 project.

Take care and thanks for the replies.

Jeff
Dallas

1999 Mercury Mystique
1994 Alfa Romeo 164 LS
1977 Fiat 124 spider
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 04:18 PM

I can recommend Shadetree. Robert and Cindy are great and do excellent work.

'69 Duetto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'96 F150
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 11:09 AM

Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the Tyler TX area?

I just moved here from North Dallas, I have used Shadetree in the past, they do a great job, just trying to find something closer.

Thanks, Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode