Galbiati/Zagato Contact Info? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Galbiati/Zagato Contact Info?

I have a Jr. Z, I need some of the plexiglas nose panels for it, I hear that Galbiati near Milano bought most of the molds/bucks for old Zagato stuff & sells Zagato restoration parts. Is this where I should be looking? Anyone have a contact name & email or phone number of someone who speaks English?
Thanks, Bruce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Gold Subscriber

As of 1991, the phone and fax numbers were:

Phone, (02) 90361160
Fax, (02) 90360763

At that time no one at Galbiati spoke English.

Bob
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Banned

This was posted on the Zagato forum some time ago, but might be useful..

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 01:21 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Jerry and the others:
I'm gone at the Zagato factory and they have the plexiglass noses.
The price is approx. 150 euro for the couple. They sell also single items (LH or RH). My advice is to buy the couple so they have the same look.
Refer to CMG - Mr. Piero
phone: +39 0293909285
telefax: +39 0293908420
e-mail: [email protected]
I think they ship the items, but for any problems tell me and I will help you.
bye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:37 PM

You need the plastic pieces that go across the nose? email me if you do.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Banned

I believe Galbiati has sold his business. There is now a shop called Carrozzeria Granturismo Milano at the old address, 30 Via Arese, Terrazzano di Rho (a suburb of Milan)

The phone number is 39-029-390-9285 and the e-mail is [email protected]
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 04:32 PM

Garage
If I remember correctly, Bill Daemke had some NOS plexi ones a while back. Might be worth giving him a call, his # is in the Alfa Owner under the Tech Hotline. Good luck. Peter.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Doc, Peter, Bob:
Thanks so much for the help/leads.

Peter: I actually bought Bill Daemke's Jr. Z back in 1999, but he sold the plexi's out from underneath me to somebody else for a ridiculous amount of $$$. Should have gone with the car, but we won't go there. Let's just say I learned a whole lot about Jr. Zs restoring Bill's old car to proper standards.

Doc: I've sent a few emails to Mr. Piero @ Zagato over the last several months & haven't received a reply. I used part #s, & as much Italian as I know, but I'm thinking no one speaks English there. You'd think they would at least acknowledge the emails & reply in Italian, but so far no luck. I'll try the email for Granturismo Milano.

Anthony Rimicci does speak Italian & indicates he has a contact in Italy for the plexis, so I'll see what Anthony comes up with. Thanks, Bruce
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 07:19 PM

Call John Norman at Alfa Parts.

Bruce Colby - Street = '69 1750 GTV/TS; Track = '65 SGT/TS, '89 E30, '72 914/6
gone to new homes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- '71 Jr. Z, '69 1750 Spider, '62 Spider
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Banned

This was posted on the 750-101 yahoo groups site about Galbiati, and may be os some help/interest..

Yes, he has returned to his old village - Bareggio. His new company
is called GibiCars. I had the occasion to visit his 'artgallery' in
Terrazano a few years ago. At that time there were a few Zagato's in
restoration, including a 1900 Zagato, a Ferrari 250 and a shell of an
Aston DB4!
>
> An article on Gibicars was published in Ruoteclassiche edition
9/2004.It features a 6C 2500 and some Abarth Zagato's.
>
> David C.
> Belgium
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 09:49 PM

CMG/Zagato/GIBICars/Galbiatti

To the best of my Knowledge, Carrozzeria Zagato was purchased out of bankruptcy some years ago by Roland D'Ieteren.
General Manager of Zagato Europe is a Dutchman called Paul Koot.
The restoration shop was run by Mario Galbiati until a year or so ago.
I restored a Fiat 8V chassis for a client in the mid '90s and we sent it to Zagato to be rebodied to it's original double-bubble spec as raced by Elio Zagato in 1954-55. Galbiati completely disregarded all the documentation I sent with the chassis and copied(badly) an older style body they had laying around. It took nearly a year to convince him to look at the photos, drawings and the computer scan of a sister car(one of 5) and after remaking the nose 3 times, the tail twice and various other corrections it finally is right.
I think they're better off without him.
Anton
BTW, now they're making replicas.

It's always darkest just before it becomes totally black
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Banned

I am aware of the problems you had with the Fiat 8V, and when Lurani found the Moretti 750 twin cam Zagato for me back in 1982, I was quoted $30,000-$35,000 to restore the body AND mechanics of the car (the mechanics were going to be done through some friend of Galbiatis). When it was done in 1984, the price had doubled. I couldn't afford it, and had to sell the car. I would up pretty much even on the deal. There are long standing rumors that Galbiati is responsible for some ofthe TZ "replicas". I never saw one in any of my visits to the shop. I understand he now has a smaller, new shop.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 03:38 AM

Garage
You can find plexiglas nose panels at

http://www.afra.it/

they have a lot of original or rebuild parts.
Afra is located near Milano in the shop that once was Autodelta.

I've been there several times (I live outside Milano) and they have a lot more than what you see in the Homepage.

Andrea
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Andrea:
Can you tell me if the plexiglas nose panels AFRA carries have the Carello and Zagato part numbers moulded into the corners? Did they quote you a price in Euros? Can you give me an idea of some of the other things they have in stock, besides the winscreens, plexis, nose trim they have on the home page for Jr Zs? Do you have a Jr Z yourself? Thanks for the help. Bruce
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 09:19 AM

Garage
Hi Bruce, I don't have a Zagato but my cousin is going to buy one next week (1300, one owner, complete but to be restored), for this I was looking for some parts that he may need. I didn't ask AFRA for the price, I only saw on the homepage that this part is available.
About Afra I can say that they are very serious, have a big stock because they bought the complete spare parts stock from Alfa when Alfa Woks moved (I bought some parts for my 2 Alfas GTJ 1300 and GTV 2000). Most of the parts are original other are rebuit by the former supplyers, I don't know if spare parts you need for your Zagato are marked or not, for the price you can send them an enquire (it may take some time but they will offer), for details, if you tell me what you need, I can call them and ask.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 07:00 PM

I Just happen to have been looking at the www.AFRAf.it website for Montreal and 102 series two liter parts, and strayed to look at what else they had. The are featuring these plexiglass parts specifically needed for Zagato junior. And they are very good in dealing in English and also nice to talk to on the telephone if all else fails. Send an email to Alessandra Giorgetti at [email protected]. Don't worry about nubers because they can figure out what you want, send you their part numbers and descriptions and let you decide if they have what you want before you pay for them and they send them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode