Junior 1600 Z - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@Zagato_Olaf : To answer to your old question about the original paint sticker (sorry).
Under the green label, there is... nothing.
In this original sticker, there is the name of a company : Palini Vernici SRL.
I spoke with someone from this company and I will have exactly the same original color paint for my car.

This is part of conversation we had few weeks ago :

Me : Ciao io sono il proprietario di Alfa Romeo Zagato 1600 numero 394 del 1973. Questa vettura barnfind per 25 anni e ho ripristinarlo. Trovo un piatto con la vostra azienda in macchina. Puoi dirmi di pi, per favore? E 'significativo per ulteriori informazioni sulla mia macchina.

Palini : Gent.le Raphal, Grazie per il messaggio. Il nostro Colorimetry Department sta verificando le informazioni riguardanti la sua auto, Alfa Romeo Zagato 1600. Nel caso ci siano altre informazioni riportate sulla carrozzeria ci invii pure altre foto. Grazie e buona giornata.

Palini : La formula colore originale presente nei nostri DB Alfa Romeo 737 Grigio Met. utilizzata negli anni 72-77.

Me : Colore Dupont?

Palini : Colore Palinal - verniciatura originale

This is what I find strange... Why the sticker mentions Dupont (which is a paint brand) and Palini (a paint brand too) at the same time? It has no sense...
So maybe... Dupont refers to the name of the first owner? Dupont is a well known name in Belgium.
I ask by mail the DIV (vehicle registration service) to be able to know the name of the first owner of my car but the guy was not very kind with me.
When my car will be finish I will go at his office and make him an offer he can't refuse ahaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 03:42 PM
RIP 9/10/2017

Garage
Niro, can you post some pictures as you restore the body? I'm interested to see your progress. I was lucky in that my Z body was in really good shape. I'm always envious of those who can do this level of repair.

'73 1600 Jr. Zagato, '73 GTV, '12 Fiat 500 Abarth
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 03:24 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Zagato_Olaf
Hello Niro,

I saw your post on the paint sticker today. Strange that nothing is underneath the green tape. I will make a picture of my paintsticker in the coming weeks to show you a sticker as a reference. My car was repainted in a slightly brighter yellow in the 70s and repainted the original Oro Giallo Zagato in 2003. The paintsticker was still present so we could aply the correct color without hesitation. No green tape on that sticker, just the registration of the color code AR 117 and the name of the paint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 02:30 AM

Upper front panel.

Good morning Niro,
this sheet metal work is very good.
I'm in a process similar to yours.
My car is 1300Z and I need the upper front panel and front bumper.
can you tell me where you've done and what is the price.
best regards Alex

Last edited by alexcabalar; 03-16-2016 at 02:56 AM. Reason: photo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode