Jr Zagato 1600 Paint Color Code - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
RIP 9/10/2017
 
mjlang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 130
Garage
Talking Jr Zagato 1600 Paint Color Code

I was at the zagato registry website looking at paint codes for my 1600 Z. They list Zagato yellow as AR117 but I see yellow cars and more gold colored Z's like mine and am not sure if that is the right code. Here is the listing for my car in the registry Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato 1600 3060346. Can anyone verify or give me the correct paint code for my car?

Thanks
Morgan

'73 1600 Jr. Zagato, '73 GTV, '12 Fiat 500 Abarth
mjlang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered User
 
Zagato_Olaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bussum, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,632
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Zagato_Olaf
Ar 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlang View Post
I was at the zagato registry website looking at paint codes for my 1600 Z. They list Zagato yellow as AR117 but I see yellow cars and more gold colored Z's like mine and am not sure if that is the right code. Here is the listing for my car in the registry Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato 1600 3060346. Can anyone verify or give me the correct paint code for my car?

Thanks
Morgan
Hello Morgan,

Have a look at the paintsticker at the inside of your rear hatch. It should contain the paintcode for your car.
The original colour should be AR 117 (Giallo Zagato). Just like the car nearest to you in the picture.
If yours is painted in metallic, the original paintcode should be AR 115 (Champagne metallizzato)

Ciao, Olaf
Attached Images
 

Olaf Roeten a.k.a. Zagato_Olaf, Bussum, The Netherlands

Last edited by Zagato_Olaf; 07-27-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Additional info
Zagato_Olaf is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
RIP 9/10/2017
 
mjlang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 130
Garage
Paint Name (I/E/F/D): Giallo Zagato / Yellow Zagato / Jaune Zagato (Joune Zagato) / Gelb Zagato a.k.a. Giallo (Oro) Zagato; Paint Code(s): AR-117

I'm obviously not color changing the car but what's on the outside of the car is not the first paint job. It looks a little more yellow than what's under the hood. I've been searching the internet for a more current color code in something I can get 40 years later. Does anyone know the cross-over numbers for PPG or some other manufacturer?

'73 1600 Jr. Zagato, '73 GTV, '12 Fiat 500 Abarth
mjlang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Registered User
 
tubut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 9,133
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlang View Post
Does anyone know the cross-over numbers for PPG or some other manufacturer?
Try Ditzler/PPG #82115 or DuPont #42632.

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
tubut is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 04:54 AM
Registered User
 
Zagato_Olaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bussum, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,632
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Zagato_Olaf
Website with paintcodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlang View Post
Paint Name (I/E/F/D): Giallo Zagato / Yellow Zagato / Jaune Zagato (Joune Zagato) / Gelb Zagato a.k.a. Giallo (Oro) Zagato; Paint Code(s): AR-117

I'm obviously not color changing the car but what's on the outside of the car is not the first paint job. It looks a little more yellow than what's under the hood. I've been searching the internet for a more current color code in something I can get 40 years later. Does anyone know the cross-over numbers for PPG or some other manufacturer?
Hello Morgan,

Found this: ALFA ROMEO PAINT CODES

Ciao, Olaf

Olaf Roeten a.k.a. Zagato_Olaf, Bussum, The Netherlands
Zagato_Olaf is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 01:44 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Belgique
Posts: 23
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut View Post
Try Ditzler/PPG #82115 or DuPont #42632.
Hello,

I've just received an Alfa Romeo Color Chart 70's.
It shows a grey mentioned as AR 727 (Spider 737) Grigio chiaro met.
Color for my Alfa 1600 Z is Grigio met. AR 737.

I can't spot any difference between pictures AR 727 and 737 from your scans Tubut. Can you check your book and tell me what you see please?

My paint plate mentioned Dupont AR-737.

Thanks a lot!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by NIRO; 05-26-2015 at 01:50 AM.
NIRO is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome