Maybe this was a modification the current owners did not want and thus returned it to original? ... maybe?
I doubt very much if it left the factory with this strange roof line ... ?
As far as I know, the red car still had the high roof when it was auctioned in 2006 in Paris. Have a look at the pictures (courtesy of MMC, Paris, France at the website www.mmc-paris.com
. Additional info can be found at http://forums.autosport.com/index.ph...tafferton&st=0
where TZ-1 #750084 was discussed.
The history of this red car is:
- France, SOFAR, France (according to Marcello Minerbi)
- Italy (?), Benucci (Maria)
- Italy (?), di Matteo (Michele)
- Italy (?), Paolucci (Anna Maria)
- Italy (?), Palma (Antonio), 1977?
- Holland, Rudy Pas
- Canada (?), Peter Magnussen, Falls Village, ? - 1978
- Canada, Richard Stafferton, Toronto, 1978 - 1985, a picture of the red car with Ontario plate ZAG 084
- UK, Peter Crutch, United Kingdom, 1985 - 1992?
- Auctioned while restoration needed completion, 1992 (according to Jack Habits/www.zagato-cars.com)
- USA, Gary Hanes, Murphy (according to Jack Habits/www.zagato-cars.com)
- Holland, Marcel Roks Consultants, 1998, a picture of the red car with the date 04-09-1998
- Belgium, 2002, pictures of the silver car
- France, Le Mans Classic 2004, pictures of the red car
- France, Paris, MMC, 2006, pictures of the red car and a reference to the Le Mans Classic in 2004
The silver car is a different car with the same chassisnumber. It 'popped' up in Belgium in 2002. I know of a picture (as already mentioned by GTV2000) but can't publish it without risking a lawsuit (if you know what I mean ......).