APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ON 31 6C 1750 GT 5a Serie #10914429 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ON 31 6C 1750 GT 5a Serie #10914429

Greetings.

I have been reading your postings on the 1750s and thought some of you may have some information on this car. My father gave it to me almost 50 years ago when we were living in Buenos Aires.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 PM

Garage
Welcome to AlfaBB. John de Boer and/or Cris Bertschi may have some information -- but patience may be required until they stumble across this thread.

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Many thanks tubut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 05:45 PM

Ar 6c10914429

Welcome "McNube".

Several years ago I received a query about 10914429 (with a bare-bones description of the car that seemed slightly confusing to me) from perhaps your father? His address was in Piedmont, California (edge of Oakland), not far from me. As I recall, there was another 6C described in his query. Enough information was shared about that car to imply that it was assembled from parts from various cars, none of which seemed to belong to the claimed chassis number. Later, a car with that same chassis number was offered by Aldo Cesaro near Torino but I do not know if it was the same car or another claimant to the number. But, that is nothing to do with 10914429. I'd have to look in my paper files to try to verify when (certainly pre-internet) but I sent forms to be compiled about each of the cars. I heard nothing more after the initial inquiry and have not spent any time trying to learn more about this specific car or the other. There is a bit of 1960's Argentinian historical data about 10914429 reported some time ago by Iacona, Bertschi and Magenta from that part of the world. It is possible that they know more by now?

Best of luck learning more. I'd certainly enjoy learning more and will try to remember to report any news here if I should trip across something. New (old) 6C data is arriving almost every day.

John de Boer
The Italian Car Registry
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Hi John:

Thank you very much for your response. It probably was my father. He lived in Piedmont until about 8 years ago and had very nice collection of about 10 cars. At one point he had a 1750 in his garage that a friend of his from Argentina, Hector Mendizabal, had him keep while it was being sold.

Regarding 10914429, as I mentioned, I have had it for nearly 50 years so I know that part of the history. I am just curious if anyone knows anything about the car before that. My father had had the car totally restored when he gave it to me for my 18th birthday. I drove it around the streets of Buenos Aires for several years before my family moved back to the US.

Best regards,

Kimball McCloud
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 01:39 PM

Ar 6c10914429

Hi Kimball,

It was indeed probably your father, James, who wrote to me several years ago as he did supply your name as well. He did not share contact info for you at the time so I attempted only to learn more through him. He described your car as a spider by Zagato. Is this correct? It is possible that this description was simply repeated from that of the other car (of Hector Mendizabal). Does the car have its original body? Normally, I'd expect a 1750GT chassis to have a more practical or luxurious body than this description implies. There's no wrong answer here. It was quite common to alter these cars (even when almost new) to suit the desires of owners who could not always find exactly what they were seeking in pre-internet days.

May we see some photos of the car today, or as it was when you received it as a lucky 18-year-old?

A Mr. Ahumada has been reported as a prior owner in Argentina. I will alert Chris Bertschi to this thread so that we all may learn a bit about what he and his friends have come across about 10914429.

John
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:36 PM

Hi,

I'm replying after 7 years.
I've found some Argentinean documents for this car.
Kind regards.
Cris.-
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Hola. Not sure if I am posting.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Chris,

Better Late Than Never! I still have the car. It is now with me in Las Vegas. I have been restoring it for about 40 years and it is “finished” but there is always something else that can use a little more work. I keep being diverted by some other car. Give me your email address and I will send you some pictures.

Thank you and best regards,

Kimball
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 06:04 AM

Hi McNube,

This is still in Buenos Aires.

Regards.
Cris.-
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode