Louisville Concours D'elegance
Top Ten reasons why Alfa Romeo enthusiasts should attend the Louisville Concours d ‘ Elegance on October 4th, at Churchill Downs:
1. The Show starts at 11 a.m. so some of you can actually skip Church that day
2. The weather will be in the low to mid 70’s and sunny with a very light breeze
3. If you drive your Alfa, you get to park in the infield at 10:30 a.m.. Meet at 4th and Central by 9:30 a.m.
4. Wagner’s Pharmacy is open for Breakfast that morning located at 4th and Central (morning staging area)
5. 100+ vintage cars and vintage motorcycles on display from over 22 states
6. Your club can hang out together and show support for our Hometown Concours
7. Food and beverage is served that day (including beer!)
8. Incredible Shoppes d’ Elegance including beautiful automotive art from well known automobile artists
9. A Fashion show with beautiful ladies wearing exciting clothing, arriving on stage in Concours cars (2 p.m.)
10. The kids at Brooklawn need your help!
Here are details about the Paddock for KARS at the Louisville Concours d’Elegance in the infield at Churchill Downs. We will stage first and then we will be escorted through the tunnel and led to the infield as a group where we will park in the designated area for KARS. In order to do this, we need to meet in the staging area by 9:30 AM on Sunday morning. The staging area is in a field between 3rd and 4th Streets off Central Avenue. The field is located behind Wagner Pharmacy at 3113 S 4th St. across from Churchill Downs. You enter this parking area from 4th Street. (directions below) Because we will be in the infield and have to enter and exit through a tunnel, all cars parking in the KARS area must remain in the infield until after all of the Concours activities conclude (approximately 4:00 PM) and are released by logistics.
Tickets are $15.00 per person in advance and $20.00 on the day of the show. We can sell them for $15.00 prior to 4:00 PM on Saturday, October 3. So please let us know if you want to buy tickets in advance. We can’t sell them “discounted” on Sunday, so we’ll need to make arrangements with you before the deadline. We also need to give a count of the cars that will be in the KARS Paddock. So please RSVP by telephone (502-) or e-mail () to let me know if you’re coming, what cars you plan to bring and how many people.
From I-71 South, merge onto I-65 South. Then follow directions below for I-65 South.
From I-64 west of Louisville, head east on I-64, then merge onto I-65 South. Then follow directions below for I-65 South.
From I-65 South, take Exit 132 and merge onto Crittenden Drive. Go 0.4 miles and turn right at Central Avenue. Go 0.8 miles and turn left at S. 4th Street. Turn left to enter the parking lot/field behind Wagner’s Pharmacy, at 3113 S 4th Street.
From I-65 North, take I-264 West (Watterson Expressway) to Exit 10 – Third Street/Southern Pkwy. Turn right heading north on Third Street or Southern Pkwy to Central Avenue. Turn left on Central Avenue. Turn left on Fourth Street. Then turn left into parking lot/field at Wagner’s Pharmacy, at 3113 S. 4th Street.
From I-64 east of Louisville, head west on I-64. Take Exit 12 to I-264 West (Watterson Expressway). Head west to Exit 10 – Third Street/Southern Pkwy. Turn right heading north on Third Street or Southern Pkwy to Central Avenue. Turn left on Central Avenue. Turn left on Fourth Street. Then turn left into parking lot/field at Wagner’s Pharmacy, at 3113 S. 4th Street.
We hope to see you there!
PM me for #'s and emails if Y'all are wanting to go.
The meek shall inherit the rear view mirror.
87 Milano Gold
88 Milano Verde
77 Alfetta sedan
79 Alfetta GTV(smooshed and ground up)