air con and idle - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get a notification of your reply. The Intelletronix switch works fine. The window switch will shut the clutch off at a set higher rpm but some of them won't turn it back on until the car is restarted. I think it's the Jegs window switch. The best one would probably be the Summit switch because it can be set as low as 1500 rpm although the Intelletronix says 2000 I set it at 1600 and it works there. I need two more and I'll probably get the standard Summit switch because there really isn't a need to shut it off at higher rpms although the cost is the same. The one thing you have to do is run it through a relay and have the blue wire from the switch go to the black (ground) of the relay and have the ground of the relay trigger the circuit on and off in the switch. It really is nice to not have to worry the aircon will kill the idle when coming to a traffic light or stop sign. Although I have a 65 amp alternator just the fans in the evaporator and on the condenser draw enough current to draw the idle down a couple of hundred rpm at idle so I have the idle set at 1000 with the air off. I was surprised it draws so much.

The passenger seat is 15 miles an hour faster than the drivers seat.

currently
2017 Giulia Q4
74 GTV restored daily driver
71 Berlina in 2L restored driver
the ones that got away:
1959 750 series Giulietta Spider Veloce
1962 Giulietta Spider normale
1965 Giulia Sprint normale
1972 GTV
1974 GTV
1974 GTV
1977 Spider
1974 Spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem75 View Post
Sorry for the delay, I didn't get a notification of your reply. The Intelletronix switch works fine. The window switch will shut the clutch off at a set higher rpm but some of them won't turn it back on until the car is restarted. I think it's the Jegs window switch. The best one would probably be the Summit switch because it can be set as low as 1500 rpm although the Intelletronix says 2000 I set it at 1600 and it works there. I need two more and I'll probably get the standard Summit switch because there really isn't a need to shut it off at higher rpms although the cost is the same. The one thing you have to do is run it through a relay and have the blue wire from the switch go to the black (ground) of the relay and have the ground of the relay trigger the circuit on and off in the switch. It really is nice to not have to worry the aircon will kill the idle when coming to a traffic light or stop sign. Although I have a 65 amp alternator just the fans in the evaporator and on the condenser draw enough current to draw the idle down a couple of hundred rpm at idle so I have the idle set at 1000 with the air off. I was surprised it draws so much.
That's weird - I didn't get a notification to your reply...

But thanks for the reply!

The Brad Davisson Memorial Scholarship Fund:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

no sweat. I ended up getting two of the Summitt switches and it sure is nice. I said they go as low as 1500 rpm but it's actually 1,000 rpm. I've got mine at 1300 and I have to look at the tach or alternator light sometimes when I roll up to a light just to make sure the motor is still running. It's almost like having a modern car with GM cold air coming out of the side vents! Now if I can get my new HP pump lined out I'll be as happy as ....... I've been told to cut a coil off the spring under the TA. I don't think so. It's probably going back to fix it from the inside, not some jake leg side of the road repair. Ok, I'll stop..... Have a good un!

The passenger seat is 15 miles an hour faster than the drivers seat.

currently
2017 Giulia Q4
74 GTV restored daily driver
71 Berlina in 2L restored driver
the ones that got away:
1959 750 series Giulietta Spider Veloce
1962 Giulietta Spider normale
1965 Giulia Sprint normale
1972 GTV
1974 GTV
1974 GTV
1977 Spider
1974 Spider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode