Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   HVAC (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/hvac/)
-   -   more gtv6 AC stuff (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/hvac/515945-more-gtv6-ac-stuff.html)

rustbucket 06-09-2016 06:44 PM

more gtv6 AC stuff

Hello, Help Please,
I could really use a gtv6 AC wiring diagram. The car has tropic-air, but I don't think that is the issue. The compressor clutch does not get power because there is no power to the hi/lo switches on the receiver drier. The red/black wire from the AC switch(knob) gets +12v when the switch is on, but no volts at the receiver drier. I suspect there is a relay and a fuse between the switch (r/b) and the circuit to energize the compressor(black or very dark brown).
Where does the signal wire from the switch go?
Where does the power for the compressor come from?

Thanks - Michael

WA-Alfa 06-11-2016 03:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go....

Attachment 1052386

rustbucket 06-13-2016 10:19 AM

Thanks

It really is nice to see how it is supposed to work.
And now for the recharge ...
Many thanks

rustbucket 06-13-2016 02:44 PM

The AC has not worked since i bought it 10 years ago.
When charged, the part in the heater box works, but the TropicAir part is not cooling. I think it is either the solenoid or the expansion valve. Unplugging the solenoid does not cause any reaction on the gauges so something must be clogged.
The issue here is that I don't want to open up anything without replacement o-rings so I can put it back together.
Where can I get these things. They are like "square cut o-rings" but they are not square, they are rectangular in section about 0.05 thick by 0.10 inch tall.
What do people do about this? Use 2 round o-rings? reuse the old dead o-ring? reassemble with sealer? epoxy?

Alfistaa 08-29-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WA-Alfa (Post 7046746)
Here you go....

Attachment 1052386

Thanks for posting! Sorted the relay wiring and realized my car is missing the microswitch part no.6

Does anyone know where this switch is supposed to go and what it's for? I see the brown wires hanging loose near the Behr fan.

WA-Alfa 08-29-2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfistaa (Post 7180434)
Thanks for posting!

You're most welcome.

Looking at the diagram part no.6 appears to merely switch ON/OFF the earth for the auxiliary blower. It looks like a manual override switch.

What is a little odd however is that it carries a lot of current (it seems) from relay 5 hot terminal 30-notice fuse 7. Perhaps another relay between terminal 30 (relay 5) and blower 4. Otherwise the override switch may burn out, then again, perhaps it will be used too rarely to be a worry. I would guess that blower 4 is a fan on your evaporator? Looking at the fuse this would pull a bit less than 7.5 amps (at a guess)- perhaps a bit high for a switch over the longer term.

mkeith 10-25-2017 08:18 PM

That micro switch switch goes on the heater control valve. It is mounted such that the heater temperature control lever must be set to full cold (i.e. heater valve closed) in order for the switch to close.

This insurers that the auxiliary blower doesn't turn on when you want to use the heater.