A/C Temp Sensor, where does it mount too? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

A/C Temp Sensor, where does it mount too?

I've read that this A/C temp sensor goes somewhere on the fan shroud? Does anyone have a pic of this sensor on they're car where its supposed to mount to? It's always been dangling by the water overflow bottle. This is a continued thread from here, what got me too this point. http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spid...ml#post1238191
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:00 AM

I assume this is an S3 Spider? If so I seem to remember that mine (I sold it a couple years ago) had a kind of molded on bracket/holder of sorts on the shroud on the vertical side below where you see the hose going into the radiator in your picture. I don't think that it really held in there well though.

Kevin

Currently Alfaless. Ex: 87 Verde, 86 GTV6, 67 Super, 86 Spider, 88 LeMons Verde
Milano registry custodian(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Yes, its a s3. I saw a notch that looked like it was cracked. But thought thats where the coolant overflow hose went. Will look again. Thanks for the lead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 06:45 AM

Hi there,

Were you able to confirm the location of the temp sensor? Mine is also dangling around and I don't really see a notch on my radiator shroud where it could connect.

Thanks in advance (and sorry for resurrecting an old thread).

Aaron
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 08:36 AM

For some reason the BB won't let me post pics today but if you go onto the IAP site and look at the fan shroud (Alfa Romeo and Fiat Radiators, Shrouds, and Mounts) you can see a little white piece on it, that is the protective cover for the clip that the AC sensor goes into (with the white piece removed). If yours is broken off then I guess you just let it dangle!

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 04:02 PM

dangle it shall, then, because mine has apparently broken off!

I'll probably replace the radiator and shroud one day, and then I'll get it fixed. Is there any danger in having the sensor just sitting there not attached to anything (provided it is clear of any moving or warm parts)?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 05:26 PM

Not sure, mine had it but when I got the car mine was dangling as well. Put it in there and left it. Don't have the Spider anymore so I won't be much more help!

Kevin

)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 04:09 PM

Dont dangle it!!! At least, take a tiny screw and screw into one of the 2 slots on each side, and screw into the inner edge of the fan shroud (of course, its plastic, so just take an awl and poke a hole small enough to get the tiny screw started, then finish screwing into the plastic. It WILL hold. . That way, It will pick up the heat temp from the fan, and not dangle. Never dangle anything!!!!!

87 spider veloce
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Dont dangle anything unless its ur dinga ding dang, my danga along ding dong. Off of a song from a band called ministry Song was called drag racing.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 03:57 PM

Chiz, you neeed to listen to different genre music, man.

87 spider veloce
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 07:03 PM
BB Janitor
Platinum SubscriberAdministratorSuper Moderator

Garage
Old thread, I know. Does anyone have or can provide a photo of the temp sensor in position on the shroud?

I am putting the A/C system back into our '84 Spider. But I wasn't the one who removed it so I am not sure how it goes back together. The two shrouds I have don't give me a clue about the location/installation of the temp sensor.

- - Eric
don't read this
~ 1984 Spider Veloce ~
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode