Anyone following this thread may recall that I started my AC installation back in late 2010. Well after some considerable period of time in which I moved interstate no less than 3 times I finally completed the installation of AC in my GTV.
I had a mechanic clock the hoses and charge the system. I felt that the mechanic may have used too many 90 degree turns in the clocking of the hoses and the route he used wasn't what I was expecting (maybe too close the radiator resulting in lost efficiency due to heat transfer) but it seems to hold pressure and blow cold (I will advise how cold when I can source a thermometer. Several modifications to the installation which I had described previously in this and other threads had to be changed, including the wiring diagram and the method used to mount the compressor.
Some may recall that I had some difficulty in clocking the hoses due to the location of the outlets on the right-hand side of the evaporator with a right-handed steering column. This was resolved without any fuss by my mechanic - so no real problem there - it just took someone that was a little motivated to give it a try.
To recap the installation details: Sanden SD7H15 Compresser, Battery Odyssey PC 925 MJT (a larger battery may have been a bit better in hindsight) re-located to the boot, Stock Borletti Evaporator Unit, Air Cleaner with 3-way safety switch, 12 inch puller - Derale Tornado 12" fan which draws 8.8 amps at 2100 rpm with a CMF of 880 and is activated with a thermostat, and a Parallel Flow (Superflow) Condenser with a 10 inch curved blade fan that draws 8.0 Amps with a CFM of 800.
The AC took 560 grams of 134a Refrigerant to charge.
An unresolved problem is the large drop in idle experienced when the compressor turns on. This results in the engine cutting out as the car slows to a stop. Some adjusting will be required before this problem is solved.
I revised my Wiring Diagram and this is posted below -