vintage engine and parts - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

vintage engine and parts

Hello I am clearing out my father-in-law estate. he has a i4 w/spica . looking to sell. He had it running on a stand and wrapped in plastic for storage. engine number is AR00551*07159* I believe it to be a 1968/69. what is the worth of it complete? also have various valve covers and more. am I at the right place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:49 AM

I think 0551 is a 1750 and that would agree with 1968/69, too. It would be good to know the region you and the engine are located in and a picture or two is helpful.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Woods View Post
Hello I am clearing out my father-in-law estate. he has a i4 w/spica . looking to sell. He had it running on a stand and wrapped in plastic for storage. engine number is AR00551*07159* I believe it to be a 1968/69. what is the worth of it complete? also have various valve covers and more. am I at the right place?
Right website, wrong forum. If you scroll down towards the bottom there is a classifieds section. You would want to post your items in the Parts for Sale section. Folks will want to see pictures and a location as previously suggested.

According to Fusi, your engine came from a 1971 Spider. Most likely you will need to crate it or strap it on a pallet to ship it.

Chuck
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillotineFI View Post
There is no way to say if it came from a spider. If you look closer at your fusi numbers - there also is stated the same engine numbers for any '71 USA alfa - be it Berlina, GTV or Spider.
In any case, this also agrees with my own collection of engine chassis information - being that this number would be from a series 2 USA 1750.
This is different from '69, or series 1 USA 1750 - not only by number, but also in that the SPICA FI will be different than S1 SPICA. Otherwise, virtually the same as S1 - except the numbers.
You are precisely correct. I missed the Berlina and GTV's in there. Slightly more Spiders made with the 551 than GTV's, and both about double the Berlina production numbers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode