Im a new member from San Diego CA A.L.F.A - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Im a new member from San Diego CA A.L.F.A

Hello all,

My name is Victor from sunny San Diego CA, the land of rust free Alfa Romeo's .

I just purchased my second Alfa Romeo last week and I am more than excited to announce that I am officially an Alfisti.

Quick little background story about my passion for Alfa's. When I was just 5 years old living in Brooklyn, NY, in a predominantly Italian neighborhood. My dad brought home a 88-89 Alfa Romeo Milano. I remember how excited he was to own an Italian car. 10 years later I was a couple months away from receiving my permit, I would tell my buddies that the Milano was going to be my first car as my dad was going to hand it down to me and I was going to be the cool kid driving a manual transmission, European sedan. However my friends didn't think it was as cool as me. They were all getting their parent's hand me down BMW's and Benz's (spoiled Staten Island kids). Some would go as far as tease me about the car. Because at that time in 2004, Alfa's haven't been in the U.S for 10 years, so the history and racing pedigree of the brand was not well known among my peers. Unfortunately my dad sold the Milano to a mechanic in Brooklyn, the car needed some transmission work and he was ready to move. Just like that my Alfa Romeo dream concluded. I ended up taking my road test in my moms red '95 Dodge Intrepid.

Fast forward to 2018 and I was able to score a beautiful black and tan '94 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce Commemorative Edition Spider #2 of 190. I purchased from a widow from La Jolla, CA who had no use for it collecting dust in her storage unit. After a week with the car I thought to myself, I need to ship it to my dad, who's been regretting selling his Alfa for the last 14 years. So I did, I shipped her to NY from CA after only driving her once in CA. BIG MISTAKE! I then became consumed by this fever, what enthusiasts call, "A.L.F.A."

Have you all heard of the acronym A.L.F.A? I heard it once from auto appraiser Donald Osborne.

It stands for ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER

After being diagnosed with this legitimate syndrome, I finally found my new California girl. This time red, a '89 Spider Quadrifolgio, complete with the hardtop and in great condition. Every time I take her out in SD I get people asking me if its for sale. It's such a pleasure to drive and go in and out of the gears, with the shifter in its lovely high center position. Now let's see how long it takes for me to start feeling like i need to "look for another".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:07 AM
Darth Moderator
Platinum SubscriberModerator

And so it begins...... Always Looking For Another !!!

Welcome Victor, awesome that you gave your first 'love' to your Dad

Don't worry they begin to find you after a while...

Ciao
Greig

Some 750's
Some 101's
Some 105's
Some others
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:16 PM

Hey Victor I'm in scripps ranch, we have three other alfa owners right here in Scripps (three that I know of) ; always working on the car (s) ; let me know if you need anything I'm happy to help where I can
bob

74 GTV with 10548's and Ingram pump
71 Spider 1750 BOMBER ; 1995 LS 78K tight fast car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:30 PM
Gold Subscriber

Congrats on the Quad from a former long-time San Diego car guy.

Bill

1991 S4 Spider "Gabriela", 2017 VW Golf R, 2018 VW GTI,

Previous obsessions; 2006 Mustang GT, 2006 BMW Z4M, 5 other Bimmers, Capri V6, Renault 5, Lotus Cortina, Sunbeam Alpine, Ducati Diana Mk 3, Norton Commando
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goats View Post
Hey Victor I'm in scripps ranch, we have three other alfa owners right here in Scripps (three that I know of) ; always working on the car (s) ; let me know if you need anything I'm happy to help where I can
bob
Thank you! Yeah man it’s a labor of love . I just had a new CA Cat welded on her and patched up the exhaust. So she California ready. She’s Originally from TX. I just had to ship her out here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode