Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo= No engine # - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo= No engine #

So, I've been having issues finding the engine Vin on my 105 car. I've searched here and google etc. The places that others have indicated I should look are blank. I think it has the 1300cc engine in it because the water pump meets the head which means it's a smaller cc. Which some have said look at the sides, the back by the tranny and look under the carb etc. So I wrote to the Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo because I did not see anything anywhere. I got back an email that they can give me a few details like, market, colors and stuff, but that the engine number is not listed either, odd right?! Is this attachment photo typical of what you would get from them, because they did not keep track of engine to car or rather because my car really did not have an engine number?

Thanks in advanced.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:38 PM

I had Alfa Romeo document my 1961 Sprint Veloce which was purchased four months after the production date. The original owner who purchased the car in Switzerland was included, engine serial number, production date, purchase date, color, interior color, body number and vehicle type. I was told that Alfa will not give you the original owner or engine serial number. I should see if they will give information about my 1988 Milano Verde which I purchased new in December 1988. I believe that all Alfas were delivered with engine numbers. The Alfas without engine numbers were fitted with replacement blocks which were delivered without serial numbers.

Last edited by kuni123456; 05-31-2019 at 07:11 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:05 PM

Talking Docs....

On 101 and 105 cars, one of the few ways to have documents of original motor is to have the original documents!
This is from my 1970 Giulia 1600S. lucky to have all of the original docs from the first owner.
Attached Images

'64 Guilia Spider
'67 GTV
'68 Giulia Super

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:22 PM

Sungod1993,

Yes Alfa won't have the engine number in their records. All they can say (via Fusi records) is the engine number 'range' for a given year.

As far as no engine number on your block, as mentioned could be a replacement one. You have not told us where you are located but some other possibilities,

.Stolen - block may have come out of a stolen car or maybe a written off car so number was 'erased'.

.South Africa - my Super came from SA during the export bans (as a consulate car) and all identifying details were 'erased' to hide its origin.

Finally the head casting mark may help you ID the engine (this is at the front of the head - just above the water pump)

i've attached a pic.

Good Luck,

Cheers,

Paul.
Attached Images

'74 2000 GTV - Robinia Metallizzato, '73 1.3 Giulia Super - Giallo Prototipo, '68 1750 S1 Berlina - Verde Oliva Metallizzato

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode